Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apologize Fix - Uni and Older Version Now Available (Updated 5/31/2006)

by syberspunk Posted 28th Dec 2005 at 3:48 AM - Updated 1st Jun 2006 at 12:35 AM by syberspunk : added uni and older version

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:14 AM
nice job this should work well... i noticed that problem too!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 6:38 AM
where did that baby on the floor come from?

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 7:05 AM
Thank you for helping make the Sim World a little less plastic.
I have always hated Maxis' inability to properly program interactions.
It always annoyed me that just because a Sim in nice they will ALWAYS apologize (even to the person that they caught sneak around with their husband/wife).

Great work.

--?--
Good Question.
#5 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 9:14 AM
Nice hack! This hack makes the game less boring and more realistic.
I wish I could make hacks like this one. Good job.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by big_al405
The boolProp cheat
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 1:34 PM
Syberspunk, that you so much for this! I let Daniel Pleasant get caught in bed with the maid, but decided that he and Mary-Sue are going to work things out. Mary Sue went out and got a makeover, bought some sexy lingerie and is determined to win back the heart of her man, BUT, she is still furious at him, even though she keeps apologizing (???)

So, this should help a great deal. Thanks so much!

C (faemidwife at MATY)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:26 PM
oh yes i do hate that a whole bunch. but i have a question. my toddler played in the toilet and made a mess, right, well, mom was busy so i had the toddler's older, child-age sister clean up the mess, well the child became furious with the toddler, how do i help the toddler ease her sister's fury at her?

p.s. thanks bunches for this mod, now my husbands who pissed their pregnant wives off can kiss ass and try to make it up to them...hehe
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:34 PM
Thank you! I hated that the sim that didn't screw up had to apologize. Thanks much!

I <3 Brokeback Mountain :nod:

I don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law. So you see my dilemma.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 4:51 PM
Nice, thank you! It should be this way. :nod:
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 5:14 PM
Great! I'm downloading now! I wonder why Maxis seem to get interactions the wrong way round so often..?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#12 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 6:35 PM
thank you sooooo much! it annoyed me like hell! i only ever noticed a few weeks ago, because my male sim had an affair and got caught by his wife and she ended up apologizing to him WHAT! how unrealistic!!!!

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Dec 2005 at 9:29 PM
Thanks, this is a great idea.

Question: will this make the furious-ness go away faster than the normal apologize? It's annoying that you have to apologize SO many times to get close to normal again (or is it just me being impatient )
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 10:03 AM
thanks Maxis got me fuming when my Sim-Best friend kissed my boyfriend in the sims I apoligized, so thanks!
ciao!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
Question: will this make the furious-ness go away faster than the normal apologize? It's annoying that you have to apologize SO many times to get close to normal again (or is it just me being impatient )

I'm glad people like this, I know I was certainly frustrated at the backasswardsness. As for making it faster, I don't think this mod will necessarily make it go away faster. Maybe in the sense that the correct person is doing the apologizing, and therefore the person that is actually furious might gain back a higher relationship boost, but that is more a side effect than an actual specific change.

If I have time and I'm not too lazy maybe I'll take a look into the actual interaction itself. But for now, you'll just have to be patient. Besides, I think it is somewhat realistic that if you piss someone off, you can't always just apologize and make it "all better" right away.

I guess, the thing that should be changed is the furiousness in the first place. I haven't played enough to notice, but I would think that furiousness should vary in degree depending on the offense And on ther personality. In other words, if it is just something small like making a puddle then a sim shouldn't get super furious, unless I suppose they are a super neat freak. But if it is something as serious as say jealousy, they should get furious, unless they are a slutty... er I mean Romance sim. If a sim is grouchy/mean or serious, then it might take longer to apologize to them, while nicer and/or playful sims should be more receptive to apologizing.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 5:53 AM
As long as I never end up apologizing to the burgular who broke into MY house..
I'm happy..

Stupid Maxis >.>

--?--
Good Question.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 7:17 PM
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyyyyyy Gawwwwwwwwwwwwd!!!
I Reeli Love This Hack I Noticed How Retarded The Origional Apoligy Option Was =\ I Cnt D/l Tho Ma Pc Wont Let Me Coz Its Also Retarded!
I Reeli Loved Your Rusty Story And I Thot It Was Reli Funni And Sad 4 Rusty At The Sme Time Haha If Tht Made Ne Sence!!!! Well Cye!!!
Xx Lala Xx

Byebyebeautiful. I love coheed and cambria!..Dont mess with the poodle headed one!
#18 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 2:06 AM
I just used this and for some odd reason, all my Sims were restricted to ONLY the Appreciate interaction group. Might wanna look into that .....
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azrael_Belial
I just used this and for some odd reason, all my Sims were restricted to ONLY the Appreciate interaction group. Might wanna look into that .....

I noticed that the games listed under your avatar Only has Original. As I said in my first post, I cannot guarantee that this will work with the base game or the Uni EP. It might work with the Uni EP/Patched and it might work if you have the Holiday Pack version of the Original base game. But again, I cannot guarantee this. If you only have the Original base game, it most likely will Not work. If that is the case, I'm sorry but I can't help you any further (or at least I choose not to support the Original base game alone :P). So... having said that, you will most likely have to upgrade to at least the NL EP to benefit from this hack.

If you do have the NL EP, then I might need more information regarding your situation. Otherwise, it works fine for me. I have the Original and both EPs. :shrug:

Ste
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 6:13 PM
Tried it with Uni plus the patch, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The one who was cheated on only had the "Admire" interaction, and the one who cheated had no interactions. It also caused some problems with the action queue.

Too bad, I love the idea. I'll hang onto it until I get Night Life.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by big_al405

It something you can spawn after activating boolProp testingCheats

Would you like to hear of the terrible night when I bravely battled the..... No? All right.

TOP SECRET: DO NOT OPEN LINK!
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 6:29 PM
Syberspunk that first posters link was HOLARIOUS awsome!

Would you like to hear of the terrible night when I bravely battled the..... No? All right.

TOP SECRET: DO NOT OPEN LINK!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 8:18 PM
Good job. But more importantly, why is that infant standing up?
Scholar
#24 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 3:31 PM
yeah, baby!! thank you so much for this! Who says that being nice equals being a doormat?! thanks!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:21 AM
Thank you so much! The first time I saw this, I thought, WHAT? I know if I'm mad at someone, I do not feel I should be apologizing to them. I figured that Maxis meant to make it that way but accidentally reversed it, then never actually checked it in game. Anyway, I'm glad you made this and thanks for sharing.
Page 1 of 2