Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Babies cannot be picked up by visitors *ALL EP COMPATIBLE*

by cpu5594 Posted 29th Dec 2005 at 2:06 AM - Updated 17th Jan 2008 at 2:07 AM by cpu5594

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 2:26 AM
DOes strangers include nanny?

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 2:38 AM
This is awesome! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 3:10 AM
I am not sure as I have not tested it... but I think it should work...
I'll try to test it.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 3:32 AM Last edited by SimmySimSim : 29th Dec 2005 at 3:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cpu5594
I am not sure as I have not tested it... but I think it should work...
I'll try to test it.
Im gonna wait till you test it with the nanny but finally visitors will leave the dang child alone!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 3:44 AM
I've been waiting for this! I hate when you are trying to care for your child and the entire neighborhood decides to play with them even though they need a bath, to sleep, to eat, to have diaper change, etc. :bow: Thanks indeed!

When this battle is over
I feel I will survive
In the battle of the dragon
No one walks away-S. Nicks
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 4:13 AM
Just what we needed! I hate when neighboring sims pick the child up, they never put it back DOWN! :naughty: I had a social worker take my child away because it needed to eat and the visitor wouldn't put it down. Is this compatible with Dizzy2's Sitter 1f?

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 1:39 PM
This sounds similar to the nobabyharrassment mod available at moreawesomethanyou.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 3:26 PM Last edited by cpu5594 : 9th Apr 2007 at 10:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
This sounds similar to the nobabyharrassment mod available at moreawesomethanyou.

Well we have one here then... :D

I'm still trying to get a baby so I can test this.... If it doesn't allow Nanny's then I will try and fix that.

But man! How come no one else has done this yet?!? I mean it was really simple!

Oh well, I hope you all like it!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Simsmomma : 30th Dec 2005 at 5:09 PM. Reason: updating
i tested it with the nanny. She was still able to pick up the babies and feed and put them into cribs. ...my visitors didnt touch the baby at all ...well done and thank-you ..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 6:26 PM
Yes, I have just recently finished testing...
Apparently, after about 5 hours, my guest had not even touched the baby, but the nanny was able to pick up and snuggle the baby... so the nanny wil be able to take care of the baby, but the visitor obviously did not have the option to pick the baby up. So NPCs can pick the baby up, but visitors can not.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cpu5594
Yes, I have just recently finished testing...
Apparently, after about 5 hours, my guest had not even touched the baby, but the nanny was able to pick up and snuggle the baby... so the nanny wil be able to take care of the baby, but the visitor obviously did not have the option to pick the baby up. So NPCs can pick the baby up, but visitors can not.

Reading that I just had the thought of a robber coming into the house, hugging the baby and leaving :P
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 1:09 PM
#14 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 12:41 AM
can you PLEASE zip this file! I have a horrible problem with townies coming in my house and taking the baby with them when they leave! and for some odd reason WinRAR makes my laptop go crazy and shutdown O.o
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 12:56 PM
this is SOOOOOOO cool! does it work without any EPs? coz i only have the original sims 2. IT WOULD HELP ME ALOT!!!!

Thanks and cya

Support BOB and his lil' bro. Visit http://bigball.atspace.com for more info!

http://totalsims2.awardspace.com - For all your sims houses!

Visit my website - http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?...stevengodofevil. Don't forget to join!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Subaku_No_Kameko
can you PLEASE zip this file! I have a horrible problem with townies coming in my house and taking the baby with them when they leave! and for some odd reason WinRAR makes my laptop go crazy and shutdown O.o
Please do not ask creators to change there files to .zip They will if they want to. Stop being lazy and download it http://www.download-it-free.com/winrar/ if it makes ur PC go crazy change it to zip yourself its easy.

Thanks for testing im definently getting this!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 12:23 AM
Besides which, visitors actually *leaving* with the babies is a whole other issue. One that was fixed with the very first game patch, as I recall. So you just need to go get the patch at the official site to fix that....
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 1:34 AM
hi ..i just wanted to report that this works well in my game and i have no problems with it ...thanx again for making it for us all .......and if there is another hack out there that is like this .well i didnt know about it or i would not have suggested it and cpu554 would not have temp to create it .....
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:23 PM
wow, I really need this.

Does it work with "JM's no baby harrasment" because I need both of them. I need this one for the visitors and JMs' to keep the parents from bathing the poor toddlers to death. lol
thanks I will test it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 5:14 AM
Hmmmm I had a problem with it. I decided I was sick of two of my sims and killed them off. When the Social Worker came to collect their little orphaned babes they couldn't pick them up to take. Social worker after social worker arrived but all they could do was stand there. I ended up with a whole army of social workers.

This problem repeated until I removed the hack.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 9:12 PM
Hmm. My babies are still getting picked up.
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 9:10 PM
can u make a zip file?

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of equivelent exchange.

... In those days, we really believed that to be the one, and only, truth.

~Fullmetal Alchemist
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 3:14 AM
I loved the idea, but now my sims are weird towards their newborns. They obsess more about feeding the baby, then set it down on the kitchen floor afterwards and walk away. And not just once in a while, but ever time. Hmmmm

----->Sleep is for people that have never played Sims<-----
----->Maybe people should actually try Sims 4 before they criticize it. It's my favorite Sims so far.<-----
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:15 PM
lol ya this is nice, once I had a visitor pick my baby up and I had to chase her around the house until she put her down.
Test Subject
#25 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 10:27 PM
Thanx soooo much for this download! Those dang neighbors NEVER put the babies down! That makes me MAD! Thankyou Thankyou for this!
Page 1 of 2