Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Antipedestrian Garage Door (Updated 2006-01-22)

by dolphin26 Posted 2nd Jan 2006 at 4:21 AM - Updated 5th Mar 2008 at 2:22 AM by dolphin26 : New Version

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 4:32 AM
Oh! Good!
Thank You!
!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 4:33 AM
Yay! Thank you so much! This will help my stories, once again, thank you.
Inventor
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 2:01 PM
Cool idea. Thanks for sharing.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 7:48 PM
I guess sims still can enter the garage to get into the car?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 7:51 PM
Does it stop ghosts too? My Goth household drives me crazy with ghosts using the garage doors all night long.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
I guess sims still can enter the garage to get into the car?

Nope! You'll need some other kind of door to access the garage on foot. That door doesn't have to go directly outside, however. This allows you to have a garage connected to your house and still make others use the front door. You can also use another hacked door (like those at Simlogical) to restrict access to the garage.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
Does it stop ghosts too? My Goth household drives me crazy with ghosts using the garage doors all night long.

Heh. I'm not sure! Can you try it and let me know?

It's extremely doubtful that it will do anything to prevent the ghosts from getting into the garage since ghosts can go through walls. But it might prevent them from opening and closing the garage doors in the process.
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 6:18 PM
Yes finally...GO dolphin26 WOOT WOOT
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 2:42 AM
A great idea. Thanks.

Sims 2
The only reason Windows is on my PC.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 3:11 AM
Thank you does it come in other colors like the regular sims door?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mat_1984

Nope, at least not in the current version. I'll look into enabling those in a future release...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 7:33 PM
does it make the sims that live on the lot quit using it too? on one of my lots i built the driveway first, then i built the house around the driveway/garage, i put a front door on either side of the garage but none of my sims will use the doors, they just use the garage door....am i clear? so does it not only make the visitors stop using the garage door, does it also stop my resident sims from using it tooo? if not, that would be a good addition to an update if one is coming.

downloading now and trying it out (on lot i spoke of above) to see if it does help, will post back my comments.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RealHogsFan
does it make the sims that live on the lot quit using it too? on one of my lots i built the driveway first, then i built the house around the driveway/garage, i put a front door on either side of the garage but none of my sims will use the doors, they just use the garage door....am i clear? so does it not only make the visitors stop using the garage door, does it also stop my resident sims from using it tooo? if not, that would be a good addition to an update if one is coming.

downloading now and trying it out (on lot i spoke of above) to see if it does help, will post back my comments.

Yes, it will keep controllable sims from using it too; actually that's one of the reasons I created it in the first place!
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 9:42 AM
this a brillant item well worth downloading if you have stupid sims who always use the garage door like mine do, well done
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Yes, it will keep controllable sims from using it too; actually that's one of the reasons I created it in the first place!

woohoo i got it
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 9:39 AM
I downloaded & have tested it out in my game, in several different lots. It works like a charm! No problems. NO sim can go through that door, unless they're in a car. Of course, I built my garages attached to the houses, with doors leading directly from garage to inside house. I also get tired of everyone taking the route through garages instead of using the front door like a 'normal' person!

Thanks for your hard work & for sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
I downloaded & have tested it out in my game, in several different lots. It works like a charm! No problems. NO sim can go through that door, unless they're in a car. Of course, I built my garages attached to the houses, with doors leading directly from garage to inside house. I also get tired of everyone taking the route through garages instead of using the front door like a 'normal' person!

Thanks for your hard work & for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback! It's great when people post after they've used the object to let you know how it went.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mat_1984

Version 1.1 (uploaded just now) includes all the original colors.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Version 1.1 (uploaded just now) includes all the original colors.

Thanks dolphin26 for the added colors. I just downloaded & will try these out also. It will be nice to have a few other colors to choose from, but still love the original & thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 3:33 AM
Brilliant again! I love your mods! Thanks for this!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 9:33 AM
Wonderful! Thank you so much. I build houses where the garage is attached and there is a door directly into the house, but the stupid sims (even when they are near the door) still go outside then through the garage door. But when they come home, they go through the garage door then through the door into the house! Where's the logic? LOL!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:58 PM
w00t! thanks!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 11:30 PM
is there a way to mod the in game door and not have a need for a new objet?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simfan432
is there a way to mod the in game door and not have a need for a new objet?

Yes, this would be possible; in fact, it would have been easier to create. However, I decided against that because a global hack is much more susceptible to conflicts with other hacks, future EP problems, etc.
Page 1 of 2