Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Buyable Objects that were Non-Buyable / *Updated for NL 09-20-05*

by Petreak Posted 10th Nov 2004 at 9:45 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 6:58 PM by -Maylin-

125 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 121 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Firestarter
#2 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 9:52 PM
Great job! I love that gun :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 9:55 PM
Hehe, that is the repo gun. Too bad it isn't usable. Still trying to figure out the whole "Make Objects do things" thing. hehe.

Check out my Gaming Site!
http://www.petreak.com/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Nov 2004 at 10:24 PM
Ouuu...thanks Petreak! I like, I like.
#5 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 1:05 AM
Good more stuff to put in my house
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 3:44 AM
hehe isn't it sad how desperate we all are for new objets! Thanks mate!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 3:55 AM
Your all welcome.
There were a few objects I wanted to add, but they didn't look right. They would sink down into the ground or tables. Some were on their side, like the plunger. I really wanted it to be upright so I could place it next to my toilet. Anyone know how to rotate objects yet?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Nov 2004 at 4:05 AM
The Satellite need a menu; call down orbital bombardment on &quot;sims name&quot; so you can hitt the postman before he give you bils :o)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 5:46 AM
Well, my cars didn't go over too well. Anyone have any problems with these objects at all?

Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 6:16 AM
Thanks for this...I will try it out and let you know after I am done playing...I love the watering can perfect for a gardener sim I have.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 3:48 PM
Well, I don't know if it was me, but the collection showed up in my game under sculptures I think. Although it wasn't the collection, jist the fire extinguisher. Great idea though!

Struck by the fears that have chased me since childhood. I stumbled, crawled and learned to walk again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 10:36 PM
Yeah, they all show up under Sculptures. I used the Vase as the base and didn't change the place the items show up at.

What do you mean, you only had the Fire Extinguisher show up? Nothing else showed up?

Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 12:48 AM
Can you make the cars buyable objects? I downloaded something for the game (can't remember what) but weirdly - there was the Super Sports Car right there in my &quot;Electronics&quot; Section of Buy Mode. I dont know how it got there, but I want all the cars! But I cant figure out how to make objects. Anyone else have the skills? ?!

Look. It's my signature.
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 12:59 AM
Nevermind.. found them! :@

But.. If anyone figures out how to make &quot;real&quot; cars (like in Sims 1, I had a Camaro and a PT Cruiser and a Mercedes)... let me know! Ill keep my eyes peeled.

Look. It's my signature.
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 1:44 AM
kksulli, I had those cars aswell in The Sims 1, I got more cars from a Website named &quot;Trinkets & Treasures&quot;, Too bad they closed it down now
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 2:17 AM
Loverat I was just giggling to myself thinking the same thing because I got so excited about these new objects.
Petreak, thank you very much for doing this.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 6:03 PM
No, nothing else showed up. I'll try again though and make sure.

Struck by the fears that have chased me since childhood. I stumbled, crawled and learned to walk again.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magnemoe
The Satellite need a menu; call down orbital bombardment on &quot;sims name&quot; so you can hitt the postman before he give you bils :o)

Ahh, what I'm thinking is we get one of the GREAT modders on this site to make a hack for the pre-existing satellite to target other sims, then it will trigger a satellite death on that sim, after that you can sell one of the satellites, or make a collection of space junk.
A lot easier than having to wait AGES for all your sims to get hit by satellites.

You may have squirrelled a nut once in your life, but you have never nutted a squirrel.
Instructor
#19 Old 13th Nov 2004 at 6:40 PM
Objects? Thank you so much! Hmmm that satellite idea sounds like fun......there are a few sims I'd like to squash lol
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:26 AM
This is great can you add the gravestone to this? I really want some purely deco gravestones for my graveyards.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wiccadwitch
This is great can you add the gravestone to this? I really want some purely deco gravestones for my graveyards.

There is already another collection that has all the gravestones and urns in it. Search this forum.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Nov 2004 at 6:56 AM
Very nice! Now, if only we could get the obvious interactions attached to them.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 1:32 AM
I only have one package file in the .rar I'm downloading.

It's just the fire extinguisher.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have the rest of it!!
Duck Defender
#24 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 3:10 AM
One day when I get good at this, I'm going to mode those clothes pile to act as a dresser.

I dunno why Maxis made such huge freaking dressers.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 3:16 AM
I think it's annoying that there needs to be a block in front of it. I don't have any room in front of my dresser, and I'm no nudist...yet.
Page 1 of 6