Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Superhero Career (with custom uniforms- **Updated!**)

by SuperFly Posted 4th Jan 2006 at 9:49 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2006 at 2:35 PM by SuperFly : SueprFly? I don't think so

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 10:28 PM
great idea! very creative too!

weee! first post! :nyah:

"I think I'll pass. My heart just wouldn't be in it... Haven't got one."
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 12:22 AM
I love this idea and if you (or someone else) ever develops something like this with chance cards and a reward, I'd be all over it!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 12:31 AM
Nice! I just had a City of Heros flashback. lol
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 4:09 AM
Looks nice.Glad I could be of some help.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 9:03 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 19th May 2006 at 5:24 AM. Reason: Signatures cannot exceed 4 lines.
Excellent idea! Your work is much appreciated!!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 2:40 PM
:gidea: this is cool
#8 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 9:55 PM
So do we have to go through the computer and paper a bunch of times to try and find this job, or is there a faster way?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 10:18 PM
Yes there is SimSock- have a look at this winter hack- http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=99665

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 11:47 PM
You've peaked my interest... Spent a few hours trying to figure out how the career is linked to the 3did file. Pretty sure it's because the "Behavior constant-Career outfit" GUIDs link to an object data file which is linked to the 3did file, but think I'm missing something. Will post a template or something if I ever get it figured out.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:19 AM
I made a similar one in The Sims 2 but urs is much better than mine
(I didnt post it by the way as I lost it)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 2:50 AM
Once again, you split my sides

Faster than a speeding Loogie. More gas that a Retirement Home. Able to leap tall snot nuggets in a single bound. It's....Booger Man!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:24 PM
this is cool! :D

simsock: use the "boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true" cheat and click the newspaper while holding Shift. there's some option which enables you to choose any job u want
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 10:08 PM
Can anyone tell me how to install this please? :S
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 1:58 AM
I am incredibly impressed with your careers, SuperFly. How did you learn how to add custom uniforms? I can't seem to find any information about that anywhere!

jmk

"Of all the means which wisdom acquires to ensure happiness throughout the whole of life, by far the most important is friendship." --Epicurus of Samos
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 7:48 AM
jmk, I have plans to release a simple tuturial in conjunction with Vagrant, the creator of the custom clothing career files. Stay tuned- the secret of custom uniforms will soon be released

Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
jmk, I have plans to release a simple tuturial in conjunction with Vagrant, the creator of the custom clothing career files. Stay tuned- the secret of custom uniforms will soon be released

Excellent! I think I'm getting close to figuring it out based on Vagrant's posts and your careers, but I keep hitting seemingly insurmountable roadblocks. I look forward to a tutorial on the subject to clear out the cobwebs... thanks!

jmk

"Of all the means which wisdom acquires to ensure happiness throughout the whole of life, by far the most important is friendship." --Epicurus of Samos
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 5:07 AM
that's great!
#19 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 6:04 PM
can some one please tell m how to install this for the sims 2 original
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 2:08 AM
Not to sound ungrateful or anything but um can we change the costumes (i was having batman or pyro in mind)(sorry PAF) the one there isn't bodybuilding mesh. And i want my superhero to uh well look really fit
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 7:48 AM
vi3txchris, if you want to change the clothes yourself you'll need to consult the link I attached to Vagrant's name at the top of the page.

Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 12:43 PM
Thank you please take no offense
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 4:09 PM
None taken Everyone has their own tastes, and when I created this PAF's clothing seemed the simplest (and easiest) clothing to attach.

Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd May 2006 at 3:16 PM
Quite nice idea...I say more... WONDERFUL!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 5:13 AM
I love the icon. Thanks as always for your awesome careers. You are the only creator whose creator I use religiously
Page 1 of 2