Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Vampire Coffin Mod (Updated 3/19/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 6th Jan 2006 at 2:52 AM - Updated 20th Mar 2007 at 4:26 AM by syberspunk : Minor update to allow vampires to user-directed access for coffins

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 2:55 AM
thank you! what a good idea! *downloading*

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 3:11 AM
Is this likely to conflict with the Smart Coffin from http://www.djssims.com/sims2hacks.php ?

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 3:36 AM
Thanks! This will make my vamp homes more realistic. I never liked how vamps would be fearful of their own mate if they were a vamp ... :p

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." -David Bowie
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
Is this likely to conflict with the Smart Coffin from http://www.djssims.com/sims2hacks.php ?

Thanks for letting me know about this hack. No, they do NOT conflict. That hack mods a different, specific BHAV which mine does not touch, so they should both work together in the game. My only minor gripe is that they changed the Catalog Description, which I think is unnecessary, since it is a global mod and Not an Object hack. :shrug:

In any case, you can use both in your game and it should be fine. Let me know if you have any problems. :thumb:

Ste
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 3:14 PM Last edited by gwillewyn : 6th Jan 2006 at 3:23 PM. Reason: Ignore me, I can't read....
Sounds wonderful.
I'm going to test this as soon as I finish some other experiments.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 5:38 PM
This is great! Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:39 AM
Wicked! Well done!

==========================================
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 10:55 AM
Very nice, thank you
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 9:41 PM
Great - I'm sure the Vampyrre family will find it useful. On a different note, could you please try and do a hack to allow babies and children to be vampires and not just teens and older?

Thanks for reading this syberspunk
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 10:15 PM
Downloaded. I'll check when the opportunity comes 'cause I do not play vampires that much, but Thanks for the link.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 6:59 PM
I was just thinking yesterday, what kind of vampire sleeps in pajamas?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 3:17 AM
The Sim kind! What kind of vampire goes around going "bleh!" either? And, Syberspunk, this is an awesome mod, I downloaded right away! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:16 PM
Thank you!! for your work keep it up!!( My brother and law wants to marry a fire man to :lovestruc . Hope to see more of your work!!

{TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF} AS CHII WOULD SAY!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 9:50 AM
Added Critical fix from Pescado's vampirefixes hack. Please read the first post for special info regarding installation. Thanks.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 6:17 PM
great mod, thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 3:24 AM
Updated: Fixed a "minor" bug involving the test for Knowledge Aspiration. It should work properly now. Please let me know if you experience any problems.

Ste

PS. I have not yet received the OFB EP. I'm hoping that my hacks will still be compatible, but you never know. Feel free to post or PM me and let me know if you have any problems with any of my mods.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:51 AM
I'm patiently awaiting for the update to this mod.... okay not so patiently.... i'm biting my nails!!! arrgg...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bain
I'm patiently awaiting for the update to this mod.... okay not so patiently.... i'm biting my nails!!! arrgg...

Wait no longer, but please do test. I haven't had a chance to test "in game" yet all my changes so I'm basically going by code. :P

Anyhew, I've updated this for OFB, so if you have OFB you must use the new version. It has some checks regarding Servo and a few other minor changes. Additionally, I've disabled the Comm Lot check (for coffins only) so your vamps at least should be able to use coffins on Community Lots. I believe Echo has a mod that enables sleeping on Comm Lots for beds in general over here.

Cheers!

And remember to report any problems or issues, or even just to let me know that it indeed works and you have no problems at all.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 8:47 AM
Yes!!! The vampires were one of the best things about nightlife.... This makes them much much better!

What was it like to see
The face of your own stability
Suddenly look away
Leaving you with the dead and hopeless?
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 1:19 PM
Fantastic, thank you so much! =D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 2:54 AM
I finally ran Paladin's Conflict Detector. This is what I came up with.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Sleep TEST
Group ID: 0x7FB6CAE4
Instance ID: 0x00001008
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Mods\Global Mods\Crammyboy - Nudist Mod\CBOY_nudist.package
\downloads\Mods\Global Mods\syberspunk - Vampire Coffin Mod\zvampirecoffinmod.package

Any cause for worry here? I haven't seen any difficulties from game play, just thought I should post it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 5:33 AM
This is a 'harmless' conflict, except I made additional changes to that same BHAV. Crammyboy's hack basically allows sims to sleep in the coffin naked. This functionality is also included in my hack, so that's why you don't see any problem gameplay wise, but my other changes provide more options: As you can see from one of the pics, you have:

Sleep in Underwear
Sleep in Pajamas
Sleep Naked
and Sleep - which let's sims sleep in whatever current outfit they are wearing

And the other changes prevent non vamps from autonomously trying to sleep in the coffin, which I kind of found annoying. You should still be able to manually direct non vamps to sleep in the coffin if you want.

Ste
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 3:06 AM
Default thank you
you ALWAYS make the best mods
awsome thank you X) your awsome
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 10:49 PM
Theres a bit of a conflict with this, My sims can't get into coffin, Vampire sims get an error what do I do?
Page 1 of 2