Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Camarilla Vampire Career - Alpha Test Please

by lbirdsong Posted 6th Jan 2006 at 9:10 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2006 at 4:34 PM by lbirdsong : Update of Zip

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 9:16 PM
AHHH thank you!! I have a few VtM vamps made by the talented Violet Placebo and this is PERFECT

I will test it out. It doesn't replace anything does it?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 2:58 AM
Hi Ghanima Thank you for testing it for me. As far as I can tell, from my own tests, it does not replace anything. This is my first career effort however, and I am not 100% certain as I am still learning how to make a custom career. Any help and advice would be appreciated, as I would love to finish out a "serious" vampire career aimed at us World of Darkness roleplayers
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:39 AM
This is by far the best career I have seen...as I am playing the game at the moment, it really strikes a chord..*grumbles about being LaCroix's b*tch* Anyway..I appreciate this and my vamps thank you from the bottom of their black little hearts :P.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 8:02 AM
can you help me im looking to turn my female sims undead and gothic can you help me change tthere lifes and turn them to vampires im looking for gothic skins and clothes as well as and old spooky house to move them into
thanks i love this place you all are great
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 9:23 AM
Now updated to correct problems with the female vampire career. Please redownload.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 11:07 AM
I checked this career out- you need to update your Group ID and it's not EP ready I'm afraid.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 12:27 PM
Hi Superfly I used SimPE and the built in career editor to make it, along with the two standard (science) templates that are on the SimPE site. Now... the career editor does not show me where or how to quite do as you suggested, and I am honestly incapable of figuring this out without either a tutorial or a little help. Any help you can give me in achieving making it EP ready (I am running both EP's by the way, and it runs fine in my game), as well as that group ID was it? Would be greatly appreciated
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lbirdsong
Hi Superfly I used SimPE and the built in career editor to make it, along with the two standard (science) templates that are on the SimPE site. Now... the career editor does not show me where or how to quite do as you suggested, and I am honestly incapable of figuring this out without either a tutorial or a little help. Any help you can give me in achieving making it EP ready (I am running both EP's by the way, and it runs fine in my game), as well as that group ID was it? Would be greatly appreciated

Here are the tutorials-

EP ready
Updating the Group ID

Hope this helps

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 1:47 PM
Hi Superfly. Thank you for the links. I wish I could say that they did me some good, however niether of them seems to be compatible with my version of SimPE. I do not have whatever version was used, and cannot seem to locate most of the "buttons" in SimPE that I do have that are necessary to do the tutorials. I wish there were an updated tutorial on making a career using the latest version of SimPE, lots of pictures, and Bidou's Career Editor, as that is what I used.

As it stands currently, this career does work for me in my own game (though I discovered problems with the female version after initial upload I have since corrected those.) I am running both EP's in my game, and thus far have not noticed any problems such as other old non-EP compatible careers gave me (lockup of the people). It MAY overwrite the Science Career, since that was what was posted on the SimPE site as a template to use that I downloaded.

I am not a programmer, just a simple artist. This is all foreign and overwhelming to me. Last time I tried to make a few things I found it so overwhelming that I went away for a year ;p Ah well..... time does pass, and I got up my courage to try to understand all this a second time, but so far those tutorials in that area of the site just confused me more than helped me. I hope someone can help me make this career work, if anyone besides us 3 who indicated wanting one like this would like a good hard working Vamp career. If anyone can help me fix it I would be very appreciative.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 2:01 PM
I have to go out in a minute, but if you want, when I get back, I'll fix the package for you

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 2:14 PM
Ah Superfly, if you could help fix it, you would certainly be my Superhero of the day. Would the fixes hold up upon me continuing to edit it to add the chance cards by any chance hopefully? Thank you so much for all your help!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 3:07 PM
I hope yall get this all worked out. I really want it for my game, but not without superfly correcting it first and some chance cards being made. It looks great though! I have never played that vampire game, but this carrer looks so thought out and awesome. No offencse, I just dont like having unfinsihed product in my game.
Im def keeping tabs on this post though, so let us know with an update when its all ready plz.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:21 PM
Here's the updated version- new guid, group ID and EP ready- ready to show the world what it's made of

I've only changed the technical aspect of it, so it'll be ok to change all the text and such
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Camarilla Vampire Adult.zip (437.1 KB, 78 downloads)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:33 PM
Thank you so very much Superfly You are truly my hero of the day I am downloading it now, and will take a copy if it is ok and place it at the top of the thread replacing my copy up there, and hopefully everyone will come download it yet again for this alpha version.

I have already begun the chance card writing Amberfaye, and I know what you mean about getting irritated when half finished projects clutter up my game while I wait and wait for them to get updated. That is why I warn up front this is an alpha test... not even beta test. But I felt I was in way over my head, and though my idea was and is sound (IMHO) I felt I needed someone besides myself who knew more about this to look over my work thus far before I got too far along and messed it up beyond redemption.

I am truly grateful for your assistance in helping look it over Superfly and helping me with the technical end of things. I hope someday I will be able to figure this out for myself and not have to lean on others for aid, as I would like to do a Sabbat Vampire and Ghoul career still after this one, if people seem to like this one, not to mention a proper old fashioned Madam career... something I feel has not been done as well as it could be done, for the Romance sims. So many ideas.... so little technical ability. ;p
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:00 PM
oooo, i likey the madam idea.
#17 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:21 PM
When I downloaded it I went to install it.I double clicked on the folder.Then it said "PLease Double-CLick a custom content package file to install the content."

What does that mean?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:30 PM
Gaby, after unzipping the file, copy and paste the package file into your downloads folder area
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 9:23 PM
I don't usually download career hacks, but I simply can't resist this! It isn't often to find one that is so nicely written and interesting. Great job!
Any chance of considering a Sabbat career in the future? That would be really nasty and fun
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 10:00 PM
This looks cool! Thanks and consider versions for teens/elders. If you alredy have, oops silly me! Anyway thanks!
Alchemist
#21 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 12:17 PM
Hi lbirdsong!

I tested your career, it works but there are some things that don't. For example, when my sim got the job, the level name was Neonate, not Childe even though the *description* was that of childe. When she got promoted, it said "...has been promoted to Ancillae" even though she was promoted to Neonate (as it should be).
I didn't get to test it further but I wanted to let you know. Either way, I love the career!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 4:38 PM
Hi Ghanima I have updated it with a fixed version Please redownload it

Unicorn, when I finish the adult version, I also wish to do an elder and teen version.

Sinthia, yes, I am considering a Sabbat and an Anarch version for the future. I want to get this one done first, and get with someone who is smarter than me and learn out how to use SimPE to do my own work so I won't be such a burden on Superfly in the future
Alchemist
#23 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 6:21 PM
All rightey, downloaded again :D! Thank you for all the hard work put in this and to Superfly for his support in making this career my vampy sims' dream come true. A future Sabbat career would be awesome, for my not-so-nice vamps.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 7:43 PM
I liked this idea a lot! Even registrered for it, but both jobtitles and descriptions are the same as the research career. The rest looks alright with the working hours, a vampire logo when looking for the job, the demands for charisma, etc...

I've got Sims2 + Nightlife in Norwegian language versions.

Stupid simvampires...
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 7:49 PM
My bad... didn't see the faq. :sorry:
Page 1 of 2