Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hel - Norse goddess

by gundavolt Posted 12th Jan 2006 at 3:21 PM - Updated 3rd Jun 2008 at 5:28 PM by gundavolt

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:04 PM
As a longtime fan of this particular goddess, I thank you. Nice work on all your Norse gods!
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:19 PM
Of course, the skin need to be blue on one side and white on the other side for this sim as well. However, she looks very dark in nature indeed.

But good depiction of Hel on the Tarot card anyways.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 7:30 PM
thank you, i think we needed some norse gods in here

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
#5 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 8:35 PM
I like her. There is another version of her I also like: the one of Age of Mythology, but that one is very hard to make. This one is very good
Inventor
#6 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:10 PM
Awesome job. She looks very beautiful - BUT also ver dark. Thank you for sharing.
Inventor
#7 Old 12th Jan 2006 at 9:10 PM
Awesome job. She looks very beautiful - BUT also very dark. Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 3:00 PM Last edited by gundavolt : 13th Jan 2006 at 3:05 PM.
Thank you all for the nice words and comments!

Quote: Originally posted by Xunixeon
Of course, the skin need to be blue on one side and white on the other side for this sim as well. However, she looks very dark in nature indeed.

Actually, the sources vary on the description of her regarding her skin.
Some say her left side had one colour and her right the other; some say the upper half of her body had one colour and the lower half the other. Some say the part that was blue actually was more like a dead or rotten part of her; like she was half corpse. When you look for illustrations of her, you will also find many different ways of imagining her.
(Was very confusing at first when I started making her!)
I felt Enayla's skintone gave her a sort of lifeless look, and as it also had a soft blue to it, i decided to give her this tone.

Btw, Kavar's skintone 'TasteOfDeath' looks really great on her.
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 12:40 AM
As stated, Hel had half dark and half white skin But nevertheless, I love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 10:52 PM
hey i have some ideas that might be helpful to you i think
you could make her half skeleton, with the hair half white, it would be more cool in my opinion, i wish you could develop more this skin with these ideas please.