Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dirt Roads for your Neighborhood!

by QwinsepiaSquared Posted 14th Jan 2006 at 4:19 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2006 at 3:14 AM by QwinsepiaSquared : added keywords

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 4:22 AM
Default Pretty neat
Now if only we could get rid of the side walk you know?

Great Job!
this looks great
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 4:34 AM
Good job, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:00 AM
Great for medieval themed neighborhoods.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 7:54 AM
Is there a floor that matches with the road? so I can recolour the road on the lot...
Thnx anyways
bya
MSW

Talk...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 9:27 AM
This is awesome Much-needed for my fantasy neighbourhood, now I can take Neighbourhood shots without worrying that asphalt looks weird in the Elves' Forest... thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 9:34 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I needed this so much! i was using that cheat to make the roads dissapear all together but now i am saved from floating houses around aimlessly untill i found a spot that worked. that probably wont make sense to you....
thank you!

signatures can not exceed 4 lines
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 12:41 PM Last edited by hexameter : 14th Jan 2006 at 1:17 PM. Reason: mistake in spelling
Great for users with other themed neighbourhoods! Thank you!
Please don't forget roads with snow before winter is over and nobody will remember it before next year. (*hint*)
Thanks again
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:08 PM
oooo! lush! i love this i have always wanted sum dirt roads! and so easy to install thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:34 PM
Glad you like it! No sidewalks, matching floor, and snow roads; it's all possible and I'll see what I can do.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#11 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:46 PM
Great work!! Just use moveobjectson cheat to remove the sidewalks =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:51 PM
thank you i really needed this too

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Fluffy
retired moderator
#13 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:10 PM
oh, this is very interesting
I've been looking for ways to cover up that icky asphalt
thanks a bunch, will test!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:25 PM
It's kinda stupid that this will change terrain to my all cities, and I want to change it just to some towns, like my magic neighborhood.....
or is it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:30 PM
It changes all neighborhoods with the lush terrain. I don't know of any way to confine it to one neighborhood, sorry.

Hey fellow simmers, I'm not here at the moment. I've left the simming community for other hobbies in life. Eventually I will be back. Until then, don't expect any of your questions to be answered. Until I come back....

Happy simming!
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:39 PM
Oh this is so great, I requested this a while back. Thank you so much, I can't wait to check it out.
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 2:39 PM
This is fabulous! Thank You very very much!
Now my western town won't look so futuristic...
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 3:13 PM
Could you do this for the dirt neighborhood? That is what I use for my rustic neighborhood since I feel like the lush neighborhood looks too suburban and cared for... and mountains look weird when they are covered by a lawn... I guess the dirt would have to be a different color from the default dirt, maybe some of the maxis ground textures? Or the sand color used on the beaches?

also, what is this cheat that supposedly hides the roads?

I think maybe if you just made it so the sidewalks are invisible, but still present, it would be a good idea, because I think without them there can be problems with the functioning of the game?
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 4:05 PM
great job!
you can also remove sidewalks with boolprop locktiles [true/false]
Forum Resident
#20 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:20 PM
Perfect for period/fantasy hoods! Do those stupid cars still zip up and down it in neighborhood view?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:26 PM
Yes, the cars still function normally in Neighborhood View. Ellatrue, I can cover up the sidewalks and make them look like part of the road.

Happy simming!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 8:14 PM
This is so great!!! :banana: I play mostly in my medieval neighborhood so I don't mind turning all the roads into dirt.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:19 PM
Great! This is exactly what I've been looking for! But is there any way to make it just work in one neighborhood at a time? And I'm with whoever said it would be nice to get rid of the sidewalks as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 11:40 PM
I can't confine it to one neighborhood, but I can cover up the sidewalks so you can't see them.

Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 7:00 AM
Most of my neighborhoods are Victorian, or Neo-Victorian, this will be a great addition, much better than that ugly asphalt. I just wondered if you could also do somethng in cobblestone. I do not mean to look "a gift horse in the mouth" so to speak, but you will never know if you don't ask. Anyway, once again thanks.

Fido

LIfe is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Admin justanothersimssite.com
Page 1 of 3