Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh: "Oval Perfection" Paintings

by justmoi Posted 20th Jan 2006 at 7:01 AM - Updated 20th Dec 2007 at 4:08 PM by justmoi : Updated with final version.

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 7:11 AM
thank you it looks nice in pic downloding now will try later.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 7:22 AM
Ooo I love this. I'm looking forward to making a cameo to hang on my wall. Thanks!
#4 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 8:05 AM
can't wait to try it out!
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:22 PM
fantastic! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 2:45 PM
Someone please make a mirror of it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 5:48 PM
i love your work, thank you
Forum Resident
#8 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:07 AM
I'd be more than happy to test for you. Downloading now and will report back later!

See all of my downloads HERE
Forum Resident
#9 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:10 AM
Good job! There are some old-fashoned or old portraits of people that would go nicely with that oval frame! Thank you! :gidea:
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:15 AM Last edited by carol6552 : 22nd Jan 2006 at 4:23 AM.
It's awesome, and I look forward to you allowing recolors to be posted. Will check back here regularly for the permission. Thank you.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.- Maya Angelou

Avalon
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 3:30 AM
OK back from a quick test - all looks well. The room value in my game showed 10 rather than 6 (which works for me!). The standard 'view' option appeared and worked with my sim.

I would like to see the bigger ones as well!!!

Great job!

See all of my downloads HERE
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snugglebunner
OK back from a quick test - all looks well. The room value in my game showed 10 rather than 6 (which works for me!). The standard 'view' option appeared and worked with my sim.

I would like to see the bigger ones as well!!!

Great job!

Thanks for the feedback snugglebunner! You're right the room rating is 10 - I was probably looking at another of my oval meshes. Let me complete this one and make some recolours and I'll post one of the bigger ovals I've made.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Instructor
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 6:26 PM
I LOVE THIS SIZE FRAME!
I've been waiting for a oval this size since Sim2 came out!!!
I used it to make another picture for my game, it came out great.
But, for one thing it too low to use over a fireplace.
Do you think you could raise it a SIM INCH or TWO above the mantle?

Thank you so much for this object.

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VAMPY BITES V^^^^V
I LOVE THIS SIZE FRAME!
I've been waiting for a oval this size since Sim2 came out!!!
I used it to make another picture for my game, it came out great.
But, for one thing it too low to use over a fireplace.
Do you think you could raise it a SIM INCH or TWO above the mantle?

Thank you so much for this object.

"S"
V^^^^V

Thanks for the input and no problem - I haven't finalized it so I'll move it up a little.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th Jan 2006 at 7:09 PM
I love this, but would also like it high enough to be placed over the fireplace, wouldn't mind to have both though so you can put them next to each other on different levels.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 3:46 AM Last edited by justmoi : 25th Jan 2006 at 6:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by paigeturnersims
I love this, but would also like it high enough to be placed over the fireplace, wouldn't mind to have both though so you can put them next to each other on different levels.

Thanks for the great idea paigeturnersims!! I've used your idea and created 3 heights - the original, one that fits above fireplaces and pianos, and one that is even higher that can fit above tall plants. I've also used the repository method so that all three meshes will use the same frame and painting files.

I'm just tweaking out the 3 meshes and making some recolours. I should have it finished tomorrow night but I'm including a screenshot of tonight's progress. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.
Screenshots

Instructor
#17 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 3:34 PM
Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for sharing with us.

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 5:07 PM Last edited by carol6552 : 26th Jan 2006 at 5:13 PM. Reason: noticed a mistake I made
I love the new heights. Can't wait til recoloring is allowed. Thank you so much.

Carol

Ignore me, I just noticed that recolors are allowed, this is amazing, thank you so much...
And, I read I must delete the original mesh, so off to do it.
Thanks.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.- Maya Angelou

Avalon
Field Researcher
#19 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 11:06 PM
Ah, this is so perfect! Thank you so much.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 2:27 AM
Beautiful mesh, love them! Thank you so much

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 2:31 AM
Thank you for updating it and making three different heights. Thanks!
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 7:18 PM
Thanks!! I LOVE your stuff. I just downloaded like all of it. Keep up the great work!
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 5:30 PM
favourite paintings ever! and the pictures are just my style!!!!!!!!