Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Descriptive Collection Icon Pack

by Loverat Posted 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:00 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 12:44 PM by -Maylin-

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:06 PM
Ïðèêîëüíî =)
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:07 PM
woah thanks much this will absolutely be useful.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:12 PM
Loverat, I though I was the only one with this problem... *sniff* it makes me so happy to know there are other people addicted to downloading, with the regular problem of losing vases. This will be put to use immediately, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:24 PM
Thank you sooo much!
I nearly got crazy while searching for "lost" objects ...
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:27 PM
Thank you for this collection of icons!
You have a solution for my problem, too. Every time I started to manage the chaos I missed the fitting icon. All the icons I took in those cases were a solution for the moment. This is great. Thank you for taking the time to do it!
hexameter
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:28 PM
Oh I could just hug you for this!! Thank you sooo much!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:37 PM
I could just kiss you!! I needed this! Just got a new Kick a@# computer and Iwant it to be organized and with your help I can be!

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:38 PM
Wow, I forgot you could put them in collections. O_O incredible idea, nice job!
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 1:56 PM
thank you for these, now the ginormous task of placing 8GB of files into their proper places!
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Instructor
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:09 PM
Thanks a bunch for this!!! Very much needed with over 12,000 downloads I have... LOL... BTW how do I organize my files once I have these collections???
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:18 PM
My downloads usually stop showing up in game if i move them out of the downloads folder will this happen if i use this i would love to be able to know where i put things
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:27 PM
Brilliant :-)
and good timing too, I have just started to organise my collections and make new folders, so these will come in really handy.
Thank you very much

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:28 PM
Thanks a bunch this is very cool.

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)
Believe and you will find your way
Instructor
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:42 PM
thanks loverat ive been aftere somthing like this
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:43 PM
thank-you for making these ..
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:49 PM
Great idea!Very very very heplful!

DON`T TAKE CREDIT FOR MY WORK!
You may use my work but please give proper credit.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 3:27 PM
No worries guys =) I knew there were others like me out there. I just spend some time working on my next competition entry and it was SO easy!.

For those who might not know - the collections are just a way to organise your content IN the game. There are way not enough categories in the normal buy list and due to items being cloned from others they can tend to show up in the wrong place =) When I download stuff - I wait until I have a heap - move out my usual downloads (HUGE) folder and make a temporary one with my new objects in it. You can add to your existing collections without them being affected (just don't OPEN the collection as the custom content you don't have in the game will be removed from the collection). It also gives me a chance to look at the item in game as I am notoriously picky about horrible shadows and bad UV mapping.

If you need help organising your downloads folder - you can check out this guide I wrote ages ago (and need to update ya say) http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...7841#post257841

I now have mine sorted by creator as I tend to remember who made something when Im looking for files and the majority of creators of both meshes and recolours are really good about usig a standard naming procedure. It also helps to keep track of what site you may have got the content from =)

So very glad others find this useful and so very happy that font size 6 is readable in the game hehe.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 3:45 PM
Thank you! This is great, I love collections but never have enough icons.
Jules
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 3:58 PM
I could kiss you ...lol ... I am also a very tidy minded person and this will make it soooo much easier to sort out my hundreds of downloads :banghead:

Thank you :thumb:

I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do !!
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 5:02 PM
This is just terrific...........will make it so much easier to figure out what a folder stands for. Now if there is a way to change an existing folder without starting all over again, I've got it made. Thank you.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 5:03 PM Last edited by lizzie1892 : 22nd Jan 2006 at 5:09 PM.
Hello, I'm Lizzie and I'm a downloadaholic.
I am addicted to downloading! This is exactly what I needed! I'm not able to do it right now, but as soon as I get home I'm going to log on and download this, so thanx in advance.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 6:05 PM
God (of your choice) bless you for creating this!!! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with OCD when it comes to organising things! YAY FOR YOU!!!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Instructor
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 6:43 PM
You de man

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 7:28 PM
Needful! Thanks! It will help me to organize my (almost) 23000 downloads.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Page 1 of 3