Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ballet Barre

by hed Posted 27th Jan 2006 at 10:23 AM

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 10:49 AM
lol - its the barre dancers hold onto when practising their ballet positions =) Teamed with the full length mirrors and a nice wooden floor this will make a fantastic dance studio of any kind!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 1:41 PM
Cool addition! I'm a professional dancer, I use those things everyday, lol. In fact I was going to work on a ballet studio for simmies and see if I can add some ballet animations for barres and such. This definately has given me the inspiration to finally start on it! lol
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 2:22 PM
This looks really good, very detailed, especially if you've never heard of one ;-) Now I'll have to build a dance school or a theatre or something so I can use it!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 3:55 PM
Thank you soooo much!!! I've been looking for one of these for ages!
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 4:01 PM
Can I put it on the same tile as a wall mirror? How about if I use moveobjects on?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 4:48 PM
With moveobjects on you can do just about anything of that sort, Lucy. It's a sweet cheat. Thanks to Hed for this! I've been looking for more ballet decorations for my River Tam (pre-crazy) room.

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 6:38 PM
I LOVE BALLET

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

Inventor
#9 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 11:54 AM
Great idea. Perfect for my gym center. Thanks.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Feb 2006 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxieRoxieNYC
Cool addition! I'm a professional dancer, I use those things everyday, lol. In fact I was going to work on a ballet studio for simmies and see if I can add some ballet animations for barres and such. This definately has given me the inspiration to finally start on it! lol

That will be so nice!
I was just going to request it.
You could use the movements that sims do while do yoga or dance and if you make them longer or... i mean the way it will look as they are stretching their muscules it will be fantastic
I am not a professional dancer i just love dancing and would love to have a simgirl who will spend hours at the bar in balletform as i used to in my childhood
I wish you inspiration to complete what you have decided to do!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 8:22 AM
It does not show up in my game.... ((((((
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 1:44 AM
Panama, it should be under decorative. It was cloned from a painting and should be in there. :salute:

Have you tried looking at all the objects under decorative?
What EP are you using if any?

I've got Nightlife installed, but if I remember correctly, the painting I cloned it from was available in the original Sims 2.

Let me know if you find it, I will help if I can. :sorry:

Hooroo,
hed
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:58 PM
yipee!!!! thank you!!!!!

Dragonsinger
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 5:07 AM
thanks!it'll be great in my new simstory.

shut upz.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd May 2006 at 7:05 PM
Not To Be Bitchy But isn't a ballet barre like much thiner at least i was a ballerina for 3 years on proffesional level but i really like it cause now i can make a dance studio for my little girls i have been waiting for this kind of thing to come thnak very much !!

Fun Fun Fun I Love The Sims 2 !!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th May 2006 at 4:43 PM
Agreed, Missy, however, this is very good if you've never seen/heard of them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th May 2006 at 3:47 AM
Just to let you all know, I've made a free standing unit ages ago. Forgot all about it and it was also a request. (blush).
I'll get some in game pics and post it as soon as possible. Sorry for my recent tardiness.

Hooroo,
hed
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 4:46 AM
Thanks, I have been looking for one of these
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 9:52 PM
You ahve never heard of a ballet bar I teach ballet at an Academy. It is simply a bar that ballerina's or dancers use to insure them of balence and so they are sturdy when practising to go on stage.... i hope after these messages you knwo what it is GREAT JOB THOUGH!
i love it.

♥kelsey♥
Instructor
#20 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 5:34 PM Last edited by IsolinaBlack : 20th Mar 2007 at 5:41 PM.
Yeah, this looks alot like the bars we hold onto when practicing ballet. I believe they were a bit more, well, square, but this is very good for never having heard of it. xD There's normally a full-length mirror or two, as well, but moveobjects cheat was invented for that. ^^;'' This is terrific. :D
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:46 AM
Hi it is a great addition to any Sim Dancer's home studio, although I have a slight problem with this Ballet Barre-my Sims cannot use it, they just view it!
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:09 PM
can you do ballet with it?

Pearflavored[U][CENTER]
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 4:42 PM
I think you should make one that can be used, i forget which EP it comes with, but basically make one from that EP which can be used with the base game only. I'm gonna download it anyway tho, it's the best i can do

*Insert statement about how much I am obsessed with Sims 2 here* :P
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 10:19 PM
Can someone take the functional barre from Freetime for those of us who don't have Freetime but love ballet?
Someone was able to do it for the punching bag/sandbag from Freetime.