Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Christmas Clothing Hider

by Morague Posted 31st Jan 2006 at 2:20 AM - Updated 4th May 2006 at 12:52 AM by Morague

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 2:21 AM
Thank you so much for making this. It always annoyed me how when a sim graduated from college they'd dress like Santa or Ms. Claus.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 8:06 AM
I was disappointed to find that the Holiday Pack couldn't be removed easily. So, removing/hiding the objects is the next best thing.

Could you include ALL the objects from the pack as well as the ones you have already? I find they clutter up my catalog with items I won't be using for another year.

Thanks for what you have allowed us to remove.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 3:02 PM
I to am asking if you could include the objects.Thanks for the mod very useful.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 5:00 PM
I got the holiday edition sims 2 as a gift (Idon't celebrate christmas) & it really buged me yesterday when I saw my vamp teen & her undead zombielike mom sitting at the main dining table in my castle eating christmas cookies! Does it get rid of the food also?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 9:59 PM
Hi

Unforunately there isn't any way to hide the Christmas objects or the cookies. Objects are different than clothing - there just isn't a way to hide them.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 11:40 PM
Cool! Thankyou so much for this! i hope you keep updating this to include all holiday clothes and (maybe this is impossible??) make it so the holiday clothes will appear again around thier holiday, then dissapear a little after it's over? Lol! i don't know, just making suggestions! Thankyou!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
Hi

Unforunately there isn't any way to hide the Christmas objects or the cookies. Objects are different than clothing - there just isn't a way to hide them.

*gasps* Of course you can!The amount of mods i've made like that "no vampire objects", "no un-modern objects"...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 11:57 AM
Well, feel free to make a mod that hides the Christmas objects. I could not find any Property Sets for the objects, which is why I said they are different than the clothing. With the clothing it is simply the matter of switching one flag - either off or on. I don't think it is quite that simple for the objects, but I really don't know.

From the looks of it, people would appreciate having a mod to hide their Christmas objects, too.
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 12:33 PM
Morague: would it be possible to change this 'flag' in custom clothing, so newly spawned townies/dormies/downtownies can use them?
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 8:56 PM
iF U DON'T WANT THE HOLIDAY STUFF THEN Y BUY THE PARTY PACK!?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 10:01 AM
Unicorn,

I like & want the Holiday stuff - that's why I bought it. I thought there would be a way to uninstall it during the 11 months of the year that I would not be using it. It just seems kind of pointless to me to have to scroll through all of the Santa hat needlessly. It isn;t Christmas every day in my sims household anymore than it is in my real one.

The other thing is when the Santa hats are visible it means the townies can randomly be assigned them. Now, I don't know about you, but it bothers me that I have townies running around in formals with Santa hats. The only way to change this was to teleport them in, mind control them & make them change their hair. In order to prevent thatfrom happening for the next 11 months I chose to make this mod to hide the hats. I thought others would use it so I posted it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 9:06 PM
Thank you very much. I love you!!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th May 2006 at 11:37 AM
I'm sick of all the xmas stuff too. It would be great to get rid of all that. But I'm glad of getting rid of at least the clothes though. Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:08 PM
Brilliant! One quirk I've noticed after installing this mod is that new AM sims in bodyshop always seem to roll the santa hat, but it's not a complaint, it's pretty fun
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 2:46 AM Last edited by malloree : 4th Nov 2017 at 3:54 AM.
*sigh*
the thing is, AM sims do always roll the Santa hat in Bodyshop, the one with the gray hair for some reason. So do elder males. I have to change hair all the time. but I don't expect anyone to read this, let alone reply these days..