Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enayla's horror skintones as alien/zombie defaults **Updated 2/12/06 alien eyes by IAmTheRad included**

by missygjo Posted 31st Jan 2006 at 3:49 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2006 at 2:57 PM by missygjo

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 6:34 PM
now all my sims can use enayla's skintones this is just what i needed
Alchemist
#27 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 7:41 PM
Thanks for fixing the zombie one, now I will actually attempt to keep some zombie sims! :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 11:18 PM
Can you turn her vampire one into a default too? i would love that ^_^

and thank you lots for doing these, too.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:09 AM
Thank you so much for sharing these!

Shawnee
Test Subject
#30 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 9:19 AM Last edited by Lollipop_Girl : 6th Feb 2006 at 6:09 PM.
I was desperatly hoping for that alien skin to be made into a default. But for some reason its not working properly in my game, it shows up weird...i dont know whats wrong as the zombie one works fine

~Love is blind, i know this because you cant see me!~
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 9:24 AM
Alien skintone seems to be weird in the head/face department. I get a weird shape, like the original mesh that was given to the game by maxis. So, could someone fix this problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 2:49 PM
Could you PM me with the exact problem. I haven't had anymore problems in my game with it, so please be specific. I've only gotten one other person who had problems and they couldn't use the original skin either. Not sure what caused it, but their skin had a robotic look. Does the original download work for you two? I'm thinking that there may be another robot-like skin that conflicts with the original file but I'm not sure why or how.
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 4:25 PM
Thanks sooooo much for making these default!!

But I would love to see Enlaya's Vampire skin as a default too! Do you think you could manage that?

Thanks again!

^_^
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 7:35 PM
I dont think you can make vampire defaults...as its not a proper skin (this is so it can hav diffrent skin shades)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 10:59 PM Last edited by missygjo : 9th Feb 2006 at 11:57 PM.
See next post
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:53 PM
I'm having the same problem with the alien skintone too. I wanted a alien young adult female and it was just a half a face block on her face and the male just isn't working. I'm sry to say but i never had this much problems for something for the game. Im just gonna get get rid of the defaults until its completely finished.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 12:08 AM Last edited by missygjo : 10th Feb 2006 at 12:21 AM.
I have rezipped the alien skin which has no problems with any age or sex in my game. I'm sorry to anyone who still has problems, but I consider this skin as finished hence the new disclaimer. I have no hacks and I do use other defaults with no problem (Enayla's default skins and Barcelonista's eyes) I do have someone with the problem who is trying it without some files, and hopefully they get back with me about it *hint hint*, but until then I cannot find a problem.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 6:17 AM
Okay, might as well show what my problem is. If you need an example of the problem I have with males I'll get that too. I know it's a small image, but it shows enough. The hair is like that. In the Smith family, the guy teen has his weird hair, and only a default (actual sims default) skintone. I'll take a look at it through SimPE and see if I can make any changes. I might just get the actual skintone and modify it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 6:36 AM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 10th Feb 2006 at 7:27 AM.
Well, I think I just discovered the problem. You have a bunch of, it seems 'junk' in the file. A bunch of material definitions and whatnot. The other replacements, the original skins (non-zombie, non-alien) ones work fine. And they are full of just images. I'm sure if I spent a little bit of time, I could make new defaults that I guess will work. I know I've made zombie skintones work before...

EDIT: Using SimPE and an older skintone that works (I'm using S1 as the base) and the official maxis package file to see the instance lists seems to be the way to go for this skintone. It works the way it's suppost to, and just in testing it, the skintone works this way.

Now, the only problem would be with this solution, the resolution of the skintone isn't as high when it's imported from the original files. It reduces in quality quite a bit. But, it's a temporary solution for now.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 7:51 AM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 14th Feb 2006 at 2:28 AM. Reason: Obsolete post.
Use main download.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 9:28 AM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 14th Feb 2006 at 2:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach the file
See below post.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 3:30 PM Last edited by missygjo : 10th Feb 2006 at 4:46 PM.
Thanks, IAmTheRad. What's weird about your screenshot is that I had that problem with the original file before I reworked it and uploaded it. I'll see what I can do about the resolution. And thanks for making a vampire default for those who wanted it.

*Edit* Okay the new file is up with better resolution and no junk! Thanks again, IAmTheRad.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 7:58 PM
Just a note: The vampire default also has the bad resolution. But of course, it'll be really hard to make it working the way the original maxis vampire skin works (without destroying all senses of the original color...). I might work on it over the weekend, I might not. I'll have to take a look at it later anyways.
Test Subject
#44 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 11:55 PM
Thanks IAmTheRad! the alien skin works great!

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 2:27 AM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 20th Feb 2006 at 2:48 AM.
Vampire Replacement here.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 6:43 AM
Thanks!!! No more ugly aliens...

Yay I'm back~!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 3:54 PM Last edited by LifeJunkie : 23rd May 2006 at 7:50 PM.
I love that you've changed the skins into defaults. And I jumped out of my seat when I saw that you made the alien eyes default too. Everything works fine, except for one thing. With some alien sims that were in my game before I installed the default, there are different eyes. Green ones, that they didn't have before. There's like a green glow over them. Before these they had the normal black default eyes. The green ones look like this:

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But they changed after I installed the default. So I'm like 95% sure it's because of this :D.

EDIT: I just had an alien boy with the default eyes and they worked fine. But as soon as he turned into a teen, they went green , like on the picture. Are the eyes not suited for teens? Cause come to think of it, I never had a teen with the default eyes. Atleast not the way they're supposed to look. I also had babies with the green eyes. I now know for sure that it has got to do with this download. What is up?

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:33 AM
Wow This is cool
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 6:24 AM
Wow, this is going to make for some fun times. Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifeJunkie
I love that you've changed the skins into defaults. And I jumped out of my seat when I saw that you made the alien eyes default too. Everything works fine, except for one thing. With some alien sims that were in my game before I installed the default, there are different eyes. Green ones, that they didn't have before. There's like a green glow over them. Before these they had the normal black default eyes. The green ones look like this:

I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But they changed after I installed the default. So I'm like 95% sure it's because of this :D.

EDIT: I just had an alien boy with the default eyes and they worked fine. But as soon as he turned into a teen, they went green , like on the picture. Are the eyes not suited for teens? Cause come to think of it, I never had a teen with the default eyes. Atleast not the way they're supposed to look. I also had babies with the green eyes. I now know for sure that it has got to do with this download. What is up?

I have EXACTLY your same problem!! My two teen alien twins had the default alien eyes... now they have those ugly green eyes... :/

"The Battle is Raging - Choose your Side" (Manowar)
Page 2 of 3