Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom food disappears - bandaid patch

by cathair2005 Posted 4th Feb 2006 at 8:44 AM - Updated 25th Jul 2006 at 1:07 PM by cathair2005

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:00 AM
I will defanitly give this a try and let you know how it does with all my files
Thank you oh so much for your very hard work on this you are the god of foods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:40 AM
Sorry guys. It needs a bit more work. I had another hack I was working on in there and that's why it worked for me. As of now you probably only find the food disappears when you're holding the plate. I know how to make it work when the plate is on the table, I'm just fixing out the jitters.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Sorry guys. It needs a bit more work. I had another hack I was working on in there and that's why it worked for me. As of now you probably only find the food disappears when you're holding the plate. I know how to make it work when the plate is on the table, I'm just fixing out the jitters.

I did find that it deleted some foods but not others,
glad you are working on this,
hopefully you can correct the problem and we can have foods that disapear all the time
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 11:57 AM
I've updated this fix so that it now works on food that is placed on the table. It is not finished yet because there is a known issue with the sim when he puts the empty plate on the counter. Apparently he flips back after placing the plate rather than placing it with graceful animations.
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:10 PM
i'll give this a go even though i can't remember if i have any custom foods where the food doesn't disappear...i've probably got so used to it that i don't notice it anymore
the grace of animations doesn't unduly worry me, as you are working on it.....just want to test out the disappearance
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
i'll give this a go even though i can't remember if i have any custom foods where the food doesn't disappear...i've probably got so used to it that i don't notice it anymore
the grace of animations doesn't unduly worry me, as you are working on it.....just want to test out the disappearance

Thank you for testing it out. I think I've finished it now and the animation thingy or error has been fixed. So version 3 is up. I could never get used to the food not disappearing lol
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 12:58 PM
Cathair you and me both
i have looked and looked for way to fix this
but obviously i cannot read the code as well as most can especialy to do what you have done

I will continue to search for a correction to the main plate of food
but for now this is a fab mod and i will recomend it to everyone

Thank you for all you have done, Teresa' Aka Fireflies
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 2:42 PM
Exnem's egg and bacon-

All gone! Brilliant, thankyou cathair2005!
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 4:58 PM
Have tried your hack in my English UK version of the game, (Don’t know if that makes a difference), I just wanted to give you a bit of feedback.

Tested the hack on a house I had saved where I knew that 3 Sims were eating “Kelloggs Corn Flakes” by Electric for breakfast.

First, the good news is that the bowls were empty when they had finished eating. Now the bad news, when each of my Sims left the table their arms where stuck at 90 degrees. Eventually the arms of two of the Sims were back to normal, but with the third Sim no matter what I got him to do his arms were always stuck at 90 degrees.

Then I noticed that the maid had not cleared away the empty bowls, so I tried to get my Sim to “clean up” but he did not have the option to select the bowls. I went into “Buy Mode” to move the bowls to another surface but I couldn’t select them, this is not so unusual, so I used “moveobjects on” to move the bowls to kitchen counters. My Sim still could not select them.

Then I tried to delete the bowls using “moveobjects on”, but I could not. So I saved my house, exited the game, deleted your hack and reloaded the game.

My Sims arms are now back to normal, they have had “Spaghetti” for dinner and cleared away the plates.

But I still can’t delete the cornflakes bowls, any ideas??? I hope I don’t have to move my Sims to another lot.

Your hack is probably just conflicting with one of the dozens of other hacks I have in my game.
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 6:33 PM
Yay, I've been waiting for this! Thanks so much!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Feb 2006 at 10:29 PM Last edited by anelca : 6th Feb 2006 at 12:47 AM.
i have only tested out this with the second version so far (been at work in the meantime) with the same kelloggs cornflakes as maxine, and also with the UK version of the game........absolutely no problems with the sims arms here. not sure about clicking on bowls as my sim cleared his empty bowl away before i could stop him
going to download the latest version and see what happens

edit and added:
V3 works fine except for one thing......when the meal is finished the empty plate disappears as`well, until the sim goes to pick it up to put in the dishwasher edit: this only happened once and i can't replicate it so may just have been an anomoly

still no problems like maxine has encountered so they may be correct in their assumption that it has a conflict issue with another hack/mod.

just to say.... this hack works fine with inge jones permafridge, which restocks fridges at midnight. i also have one of christianloves fridges (the take out one) which i haven't yet tested out. i can edit this post when i do t confirm whether there is any conflict with that.........edit: appears to be no problem with this either
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Exnem's egg and bacon-

All gone! Brilliant, thankyou cathair2005!

Thanks for the pics. I just wish I knew a way to get rid of the food on the plate of the group meal. As of now, in my experiments, I can only do it manually by using an interaction on the pie-menu to rid the world of the food.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 10:39 AM
Nice to see someone taking a shot at this' one!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 2:10 PM
This is so great! You are awesome for tackling this problem. We all love you for it I'm sure!!!

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 11:20 PM
I tried this out and I discovered something that relates to the poster above - the strage arms. I found that if the Sims are already in the process of eating when you add the hack, i.e they were eating when you last saved the game. They will have the above problems. They will walk stooped over with their arms out, and the plates cannot be cleaned away. The fix is to delete the Sim. If you have the InSimenator you can use that to return them, if not then you will have to exit to the neighborhood and come back. To get rid of the plates put them on a table or counter and delete the counter. The problem with the arms and plates goes away and never comes back and I repeat it only happens if you add the hack at a time when their are Sims that were saved while they were eating before the hack was installed. It does not show up at any other time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I tried this out and I discovered something that relates to the poster above - the strage arms. I found that if the Sims are already in the process of eating when you add the hack, i.e they were eating when you last saved the game. They will have the above problems. They will walk stooped over with their arms out, and the plates cannot be cleaned away. The fix is to delete the Sim. If you have the InSimenator you can use that to return them, if not then you will have to exit to the neighborhood and come back. To get rid of the plates put them on a table or counter and delete the counter. The problem with the arms and plates goes away and never comes back and I repeat it only happens if you add the hack at a time when their are Sims that were saved while they were eating before the hack was installed. It does not show up at any other time.

Thanks, Mendota. I did realise this and forgot to mention it. What happened with Coral Oldie was that she was in the process of eating when I saved the game and when I installed this hack, the plate disappeared from her hand after she'd finished but she kept her hand out. I fixed this problem by getting her to make another meal because the game uses the same animations and thus resets them.

As for the plates not being able to be cleared, I haven't had this problem but have found with NL that you can no longer delete a plate even with move_objects on. So, as Mendota pointed out; you can remove them by puting them on a surface and deleting the surface with the move_objects on cheat - same way to delete homework.

Thanks again for the testing, guys. I don't know if there's a way to fix this other than being proactive and not adding the hack while the people are eating or being reactive and doing what was suggested above to fix the problem.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 7:49 PM
It's working great for me (have all expansion packs & I've downloaded most of the food on here). Many thanks.

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Instructor
#19 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 8:07 AM
Thank you soo much! i got really annoyed when custom mesh food didnt disapear, so i got this and it works great! i tried it on Exnems beautiful pies, and they go!
thank you!

DONT ASK ME FOR A REQUEST ^-^
New Policy,applies to all my meshes ^-^
Im not meshing/Simming now,details in my Policy thing
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 7:48 AM
I've had one minor problem, which is that I've found that now even non-custom food will no longer disappear as it is eaten, but instead will disappear all at once at the end like the custom ones. I believe it is connected since it has only started since I installed this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:06 AM Last edited by cathair2005 : 9th Feb 2006 at 8:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Thaliasama
I've had one minor problem, which is that I've found that now even non-custom food will no longer disappear as it is eaten, but instead will disappear all at once at the end like the custom ones. I believe it is connected since it has only started since I installed this.

I'll look into that. Maybe I can make it so that it doesn't delete non-custom foods but for that I'll need somebody to give me a list of every single in-game type of food.

EDIT: I had a look and my hamburgers and pancakes still seem to be disappearing as it is eaten. Have they been disappearing for you too or nothing at all?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 4:45 PM
all i can say is thank-you thank-you thank-you ...wow this is amazing work....
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 2:49 PM
hmm this may be a fabulous find I will definately check this out!
Scholar
#24 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 4:54 PM
cathair, you absolutely rock. This is exactly what was needed to complete my "foods" folder. You're the best! thanks!

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
I'll look into that. Maybe I can make it so that it doesn't delete non-custom foods but for that I'll need somebody to give me a list of every single in-game type of food.

EDIT: I had a look and my hamburgers and pancakes still seem to be disappearing as it is eaten. Have they been disappearing for you too or nothing at all?

It only seems to happen sporadically, not every time. I noticed it seems to happen most often with custom foods that are recolors of existing foods. Those previously disappeared on their own like the original, but now disappear like the meshed ones. And of the maxis ones, actually pancakes, omelets, and spagetti (all ones I have custom foods that are essentially recolors of) are the biggest culprits. It also happens most often with served food rather than single servings.

So I guess maybe some of my custom foods aren't wholly compatible with it?
Page 1 of 5