Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Kippah Set for males from Child to Elder

by mal1958 Posted 4th Feb 2006 at 9:11 PM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 12:37 AM
cool thanks

You may call me insane but even you cant spell slaughter without lauphter.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 2:17 AM
Thanks so much for this! Urgh! Just last night I was having fun trying to convert it to blonde but it kept coming up a horrid sun-yellow colour... then I got frustrated and just went to bed. So this makes my day, someone else did the hard work for me! I owe you big much!
Funny thing though, on TV a few weeks ago I saw the blue Kippah being worn during a Chuppah (wedding). What's the colour significance? Just curious is all... I know you're knowledgable on this aspect hence why I ask.
And thanks for mentioning me. Makes me feel special. Awww.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynlee
Thanks so much for this! Urgh! Just last night I was having fun trying to convert it to blonde but it kept coming up a horrid sun-yellow colour... then I got frustrated and just went to bed. So this makes my day, someone else did the hard work for me! I owe you big much!
Funny thing though, on TV a few weeks ago I saw the blue Kippah being worn during a Chuppah (wedding). What's the colour significance? Just curious is all... I know you're knowledgable on this aspect hence why I ask.
And thanks for mentioning me. Makes me feel special. Awww.

Glad you all like them.....

I had one person explain it as, Blue is the colors in the flag of Israel. Also there is some other significance to the blue color. Many of the prayer shawls are blue and white. I will be doing more of the Kippah's on many of the other hair styles, but I will be putting them up on K and B Designs. I will put a few more here though. I am also going to be recoloring the Kippah to a few more colors. Interesting side note for all. I have been told that the Kippah was a recent inovation. Before all the Jewish men wore hats, and would not take them off, which infuriated some Anti-semitics. The Jewish male wears a headcovering to show his love, fear, and respect of G-D. The head covering also serves as a constant reminder that there is somebody over him (figuretively speaking of course). I am also going to be working on a synogogue. This will be for decorative purposes and marrage. A Jewish man does not need to go to the Synogogue to pray. They exist for group prayers and meetings (so I have been told) My lesson for the day

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thisisfudd
You rock, thank you thank you thank you!

There aren't a lot of blond Jews but still I'm proof that some exist! :wave:

My wife, KalicoKat, just informed me while I was viewing this thread, that while Blond Jewish people are a not a common occurance, the Red headed Jewish person is even more rare.

Thank you for liking it...

Birman Kat aka mal1958

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 11:11 PM
As a red headed Jewish person, I thank you for these kippot. LOL!

A couple more for breakfast
A little more for tea
Just to take the edge off.
Just to take the edge off.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 1:08 AM
Amein v' amein! Todah! Thank you, thank you, thank you! These are great. White and blue are the colors of the Israeli Flag, because those date back to Abraham, we need some tzit tzit now, yeah!!!!

~~~ Panda ~~~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 4:29 AM
Thanks for that Mal - yes, a lesson well observed! (For a 'Goy' - is that the right context?) I'm learning.
And I have been checking your site every few days in the hope of new stuff... yes, I'm stalking you there *laughs* but so far I think I have downloaded just about every painting there at least and a handful of walls, so for that I'm most appreciative!
Absolutely can't wait for the synagogue, almost chomping at the bit for it really, and really, anything else you and Kalicokat put your creative talents to. You have a fan in me at least.
*cheers*
-Rav
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Feb 2006 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pandawheel
Amein v' amein! Todah! Thank you, thank you, thank you! These are great. White and blue are the colors of the Israeli Flag, because those date back to Abraham, we need some tzit tzit now, yeah!!!!

I might be able to do that if I can ever master the intricacies of Clothes Meshing... It still eludes me so far :sorry:

Birman Kat aka mal1958

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 8:06 PM
As someone with German Jewish ancestry both Ashkinasi and some Sephardic I think this is wonderfull thank you. Thank you. And as a side note I am blonde too.

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 1:50 AM
I too, want to add my thanks. As for where the white and blue on our flag come from, my understanding is that it is patterned after a tallit gadol.

A Synagogue would be great! Would you be able to include a Chuppah as well? As for its functions, it allows a jew to fulfill many mitzvot that they would otherwise be unable to do.

Thank you both again (Ravynlee & KalicoKat)!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NBradbury
I too, want to add my thanks. As for where the white and blue on our flag come from, my understanding is that it is patterned after a tallit gadol.

A Synagogue would be great! Would you be able to include a Chuppah as well? As for its functions, it allows a jew to fulfill many mitzvot that they would otherwise be unable to do.

Thank you both again (Ravynlee & KalicoKat)!

I would be more then willing to try a Synagogue, but have no idea what should go into it. I got a reccomendation from my wife to make it a Resedential lot, as that's where couples can get married, but other then that, I am at a loss. Suggestions anybody?

Birman Kat aka mal1958

#13 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 12:07 AM
תודההההההההה רבבהה = thanks a lot
xD
you rock!
i'm from israel and finaly jews thing for my sims
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynlee
Absolutely can't wait for the synagogue, almost chomping at the bit for it really, and really, anything else you and Kalicokat put your creative talents to. You have a fan in me at least.
*cheers*
-Rav

Thanks Ravynlee, and I'm honored that you're a fan of ours. :grouphug:

Frankly, I'm scared to make the synagogue because I'm afraid I'll mess it up really bad or do something very wrong. Plus, I'm anal and want to have the proper things in it before I do something like that. :p

Thanks Mike for making these! I love them, and you did a great job!

NBradbury, I have an idea for a chuppah that I'm going to try soon. :thumb: I hope it works out and will also need to double-check the redistribution policies on this one site for something that will be good to recolor to use for it. *Crosses fingers for luck*

If you'd like to what else I've made, please click here and here.