Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2006 at 2:22 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 17th Jul 2007 at 9:16 PM. Reason: fixing graphic links
Default Converting clothes to different genders
This tutorial will show you how to convert the gender of an article of clothing. As with the age conversion, there are limitations. Only toddler and child outfits can be converted, as you will have gaps at the neck for gender conversions of other age groups. Follow the age conversion tutorial steps just the same for this. Here’s the outfit I picked, and now I import it to the game.

In my Saved Sims, I search for the file I just created by name. Keep in mind that you need to quit Body Shop, and you need to have SimPE to continue. Double click on the filename.

When you select Property Set from the Filetypes box and then click on the Plugin View tab, you’ll see the code for gender. Only that final number matters – 2 for male, 1 for female.

Change the value by replacing the 2 with a 1 in the Settings box. Click on the Commit button.

You get the Changes were committed box. Click OK, then select Save from the file menu.

Fire up Body Shop again, and you’ll see your boy’s outfit in the girls’ section.

And as I stated in the beginning, this conversion works for toddlers, too. Have fun!

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Mr. Someguy : 11th Feb 2006 at 6:51 AM.
It's not working, the gender keeps resetting itself!
And the dl link, the wordpad crashes & I cant read it!

HELP!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 5:53 PM
Did you remember to save after committing? And the zip is of a Microsoft Word document - you'll need that to read it. You could try just printing the tutorial from the thread, here, if you want a hard copy.

Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 10:56 PM
Nah, I got it workin, but its a way different process.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 9:18 PM
Can I convert ADULT female clothes to male (and male to female)?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 2:22 PM
No, you can't.

That is why I wrote the new tutorial.

Well, actually, you can, but you end up with either gaps in the neck, heads floating in midair, or heads being swallowed by necklines. If you want to have your sims look awful and have messed-up animations, then feel free to go ahead and do it, but anyone asking how to fix the necks is going to have his or her post deleted. Fair warning.

#7 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 9:46 PM
what version of SimPE is that? because it looks nothing like mine.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 1:19 PM
.54.2223. It's going to look different again, soon, too. Open for Business makes it have a number of errors. The folks at ambertation.de are working on a new version that's compatible. This particular operation should still work though - what's buggy is mostly the Nieghborhood View.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 1:17 AM
thank you! ive been wanting to know that!!! :jig:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 1:51 PM
Check the site announcements on the Home Page for links to both the new SimPE and the OfB patch, which should make all this stuff work again.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 12:20 AM
now only if i could do hair....
Test Subject
#12 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 12:49 PM
this is cool..
but just wondering.. you can't convert adult clothes, but is it possible to convert adult asseccory, like necklaces? because I've found a necklace for females that I REALLY want for one of my males..

What can I say? All I wanna do is play the spaceball ricochet...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 5:08 PM
You can try. It depends on where it falls on the mesh as to whether it's going to pierce the sim's chest, or stick out funny.

Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 8:06 PM
ok, I'll give it a try then
If it doesn't work I suppose I'll just have to find another way... I've been thinking of learning myself how to mesh

What can I say? All I wanna do is play the spaceball ricochet...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 9:21 AM
Faylen, thank you SO much for this tutorial. I've been very frustrated for a while now 'cos I was unable to convert a male-only accessory for females. It works wonderful, keep up your good work!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th May 2006 at 9:55 AM
If you change the number to 3 (3 = for both genders) instead of having one each at 1(female) and another at 2(male) then both genders of children/toddlers can wear the one same outfit and you only have to have that one copy in your game then instead of the two separate ones.
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 2:44 AM
could you do this with hair as well? I have a few hair styles i'd like my girls to have that are male only.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 1:08 PM
The hair is in all the different age groups. And male and female heads, from teen on, are different sizes. You'd end up with space being taken up with hair that didn't work. If you really want to convert hair, you need to learn to mesh.

Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 12:22 AM
thanks for the tutorial faylen! i have been wondering if you could do this for a while now

[..Life is one long insane trip... Some people just have better Directions..]
Please visit my new website:)http://www.jrsims.moonfruit.com/
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 9:36 PM
Does this work for accessories too?
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 12:25 PM
hi!
i found a site were very nice female clothes could be downloaded. the big surprise was that those clothes were only for male!!!! and i don't want my male sims to wear high-heels and mini-skirts!!! can i use the procedure you explained to arrange it??
thanx
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 8:17 PM
Faylen, you're a genius! Using this tutorial I was finally able to make coveralls for just toddler girls (somehow in the past I managed to create unisex coveralls, but I have no idea how), and to make PJs meant for girl children only show up for them instead of both genders.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 9:09 PM
i can't get it to open right? is it because i have pets? i want to change a toddler boy outfit to unisex... what is the code for unisex? and i don't see anything on the plugin view
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 3:06 PM
Thank you so much! Unisex is 3
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 5:10 PM
So, I doubled clicked the file in SavedSims and when SimsPE opens up nothing happens. I dont get anything for the plugin view (no property set or file type boxes).

I have version 0.72.1.33855

Am I doing something wrong?
Page 1 of 2