Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Visual Effects While Playing... Guitar/Bass/Drums/Karaoke/Synth - *UPD 19MAR08*

by Numenor Posted 10th Feb 2006 at 12:47 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2008 at 4:32 PM by Numenor : Added hack for SYNTH + Updated for FreeTime

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 12:53 PM
hhmmm. might prove to be useful in making stories...

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Inventor
#3 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 1:15 PM
Great idea. Thanks so much! :P

Visit my site: www.simkot.com
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 1:32 PM
Thank you, Numenor!!! This is so great! It's great for Sim movies and for taking pictures without any of the Sim nuances. YAY!

DDO
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 2:28 PM
Thank you Mr Amazing

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 3:25 PM
thank you Numenor, you're our hero :D
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 3:30 PM
Thank you so much I hate the halos and the music notes.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 4:39 PM
Thank you SOOO very much for this. Little things like this really bug us movie makers when we're going for realism. Your time is much appreciated!

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 9:00 PM
Thank you so much for creating this! Itll be very usefull when making movies and stories.
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:53 PM
I prefer the visual effects... But that's only me.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 8:29 AM
Oh, wow...., I've been bothered by these annoying "graphical effects" of sound Maxis made...
Thanks big bunches...

Surely, I want basically all the "sound" objects to be "graphically silenced" by this type of global hacks...
Maxis should have made that as an option.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 5:43 PM
Default Thread Update
15 FEB 2006 - added the "No Visual Effects" global hack for the KARAOKE MACHINE (Nightlife required: if you don't have NL, the hack will just do nothing )

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 2:14 AM
I realized, as I was watching a Sim movie, that there are also halo effects from the DJ booth. Could you see if you could get rid of those, too? And the wall-mounted speakers, too! Thanks, hun!

DDO
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 5:33 PM
OK.

To-do list:
DJ Booth
Wall-mounted speakers (all of them)

I'd spontaneously add the stereo(s), too... Oddly enough no one has asked for them! :D

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 4:58 PM
this will be great for my air guitar! thanx!

This message is sponsored by DIET COKE. Drink up!!!
Air Guitar: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97977

If you like my creation(s) please use the thanks button and if you want to post a comment!
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 12:21 PM
i just want to ask before i download does it work on night life
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 11:20 PM
Nice one, Numenor. Should make a lovely counterpart to Inge Jones' Plumbob Zapper.

I use instruments rather a lot in my game, as I have at least one band in every SUB-Neighborhood and Campus, so this will get some serious use on my machine.

I just wish there were a Hack that meant sims could perform together as a band WITHOUT the tedious business of putting down the jar for tips, just as the Freestyle option allows.

Afterall, it looks a bit weird on a stage, for those of us who want to have rockstars in our 'Hoods... Imagine Coldplay or some such walking out onto the stage at, say, Glastonbury, in front of nigh-on 100,000 fans and popping little jars down beside their instruments. Lol.

A Hack that gave us "Perform for Free" as an option would be nice, in the interests of realism.

Still, a removal of "effects" brings realism that bit closer.

Many thanks, Numenor.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:32 AM
LOL...the jar thing would be ok if your buskering.....but in the basement jamming or wherever....no..lol

Builder delux.
Instructor
#19 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 5:33 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a hack for removing the tip jar...just not sure where.

I normally don't credit global hacks on the credits pages of my story productions, unless the results of those globals are clearly visible on-screen. But this set just might qualify for credit. I'll consider adding it, if indeed I find it useful.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 5:42 PM
This is great! But what I really wanted the graphics removed from was the mp3-player. Do you think... maybe, you could..? Pleasey?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 3:02 AM
I see the hack doesn't work if you use custom instruments. At least it doesn't for me. Oh, well.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 9:09 AM
If the custom instruments are correctly cloned (i.e. *without* importing all the animations), then the hack works with them, too.

I've checked with several instruments created by Atavera (not all, just a few: contrabass, congas drumset and some guitars) and I had no visual effects at all.

What custom instrument(s) have you tested in your game?

Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 11:35 AM Last edited by gazania : 11th Dec 2006 at 12:29 PM.
So far, I've checked my three custom guitars, all Ataveras ... Gibson Flying V, Fender Jazz Bass, Gibson Doubleneck ... and OF COURSE, nothing happened. I had a Sim play all three for about a Sim hour or two. No notes at all. This reminds me of what happens when my car makes a funny noise, and I bring it to the mechanic!*

The drums I used were Maxis drums, so they shouldn't have caused problems.

I'm starting to doubt my sanity. If I see those notes again, I will make darn sure to take a picture! Sorry.

*Actually, I think I know what might have happened. At the time I downloaded the mod, my musicians were playing instruments, and notes were coming out. I had my two guitarists put down their instruments and pick them up again, but not the drummer. Perhaps you have to make sure all musicians put down the instruments and pick them up again?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 5:53 PM
Exactly The hack prevents the notes from starting flowing out of the instrument; but if the are already flowing, the hack doesn't stop them.
The same happens for my other hack (the one for the stereos).

Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 8:56 PM
Hi.. I have only been playing this game for a few weeks now.. but I have been wanting to write you a fan letter for most of that time. My husband laughed the other night when he heard me sighing to myself at my computer "I wish Numenor was here..."
Anyway.. I want to say thanks.. but I also want to ask about the Stereo effects fix. I don't see it listed on the page. Is it downloadable anywhere?
Page 1 of 2