Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:08 PM Last edited by LyricLee : 11th Feb 2006 at 8:18 PM.
Default Clarification On Upload approval/rejection Guidelines
Hey everyone- If you plan on uploading here, we hope at this point that youve read our guidelines. For those of you who do share your content here- please take the time to read this post to understand what we here at MTS2 look for in the uploads submitted. No one likes to have an upload rejected, but its not personal. If you follow the guidelines and tips here in this post, you can assure yourself an approval. Thanks

Main Rules

1- Read the guidelines BEFORE YOU POST They were made to help you understand the expectations and responsibilities you have as an uploader to this site.
Creator Guidelines

2-If you use anything other than IN GAME screenshots, your upload will be rejected on the spot. NO body shop pics, NO digital camera pics of your screen.

Clothing:

3- Clothing uploads can NOT be blurry or pixelated-

There are many tutorials on this site to help you create clothing with crisp clean images and textures. We want quality, detailed and textured clothing.
Faylens Clothing Tutorials

4- If you are uploading Clothing- DO NOT package the files from your Projects folder. DO NOT upload your clothing on a full sim.
All you need is the finished clothing file in your Saved Sims folder.

5-DO NOT upload other peoples meshes with your clothing recolors or sims. Upload your recolor and provide a link to the original mesh.

Remeber Your photos are what sell your upload. The more that you can show in your photo, the more your upload will appeal to other people.

Full Sims:

6- You must provide working, full, clickable LINKS for any content you use on your sim that another creator has made.
This is respectful and gives proper credit to the maker. Simply putting a name is not enough. Do not lie about a link as well and just throw any
link on your post because you can not be bothered to find the proper one. If you have looked and cant find who made content you used, you must
remove it from your upload before you share it here. Remember people put alot of time and effort in their creations and deserve proper credit for it.

7- Sims that are uploaded to other must be UNIQUE. If you upload a sim that uses a standard maxis face sculpt and standard content, basically a sim that anyone can duplicate, it will be rejected- We want to see unique creations. Although your sim may be pretty, we want quality and creativity to show on all sim uploads here. Give the downloaders something different.

8-If you create a celebrity sim, and at first glance we can not tell what celebrity it is supposed to be, it will be rejected as well.
We understand makeing celeb sims are hard, but they MUST resemble the celebrity in some way. You MUST include a pic of the celebrity themselves if you upload this type of sim.

For Lots:
[indent]1) Focus on the building and terrain, and provide unique architecture that is not easily replicated. Anyone can set up four walls and add a roof. There is no sense in downloading a lot that even the newest players can make for themselves with little or no effort.
There are several forums available to help people to learn new build techniques:
the Build Mode Discussion Forum,
the Build Mode Tutorials Forum,
and the Community Tutorial Listing.

2) There is a difference between decorating skills and building skills.
For example, if you are making a grocery store, then make the building look like an actual grocery store building.
Taking a box of walls with a 10 ton black pyramid Maxis roof on top doesn't make a grocery store just because it's decorated like one on the inside. No amount of decorating will make that type of building look like a grocery store. The lots & houses forum is about building. The actual building and architecture must bear some resembalance to the author's description:

3) Landscaping and terrain editing is part of building. Just because you're done placing walls and floors doesn't mean that the rest of the lot is finished. A beautiful home sitting in the middle of an empty lot is boring and unrealistic. When was the last time you saw a house sitting on a perfectly flat lot with perfectly consistent groundcover and no plantlife?
It simply is not natural. Experiment with the terrian tools and adding landscaping to your "empty" lots, and you will be amazed at the difference a bit of realistic terrain editing can do for your house:

4) The Maxis "Autoroof" is evil. Do not use it. Be creative with your roofing, but at the same time, make it realistic. Before you submit it, ask yourself, "If I saw this roof in real life, would I like it, or would I laugh at it?" If you would laugh at it, then work on it some more until you get it right. If you can't get the roof the way you want it, experiment with changing the shape of the building, adding another level to the building, using fences or halfwalls, etc:

5) Custom Content. So what's the big fuss about it? Well, you are literally borrowing someone else's hard work. Many of those artists do not permit their work to be shared. And you are held responsible when you share their creations in your lot. If you post their work without their permission, and they demand that your download is removed, then we will remove it.
You don't want to suffer that humiliation.

Use custom content sparingly, but if you absolutely MUST use custom content, then it is always best to ask for permission first
before simply helping yourself to their work. Follow the rules for listing content and be aware of applicable "sharing policies"
of other websites if you decide to use their content. There is even an example for you to follow in the
Creator Guidelines. You must provide a credit for ALL custom content
that you use in your lot.

95% of all users who claim their lot contains no custom content are wrong. If you have files in your downloads folder, your lot will have custom content -- whether you use it intentionally or not. This is why all lots are required to be scanned with Clean Installer prior to upload. DO NOT submit your lot without scanning it with Clean Installer first.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:01 AM
Right On

Are you a mad man?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 3:16 AM
Got it! Let's do our best. ^-^A

lgfuad
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 4:20 AM
One thing I really appreciate about MTS2 is its policy of creator recognition and its respect for creators' licenses. In combination with EA's policy of allowing creators to retain copyright in their own additions to the game, this is a real incentive to me as a content creator to want to share my own content. Although I've uploaded very little for Sims 2 as yet, I've been a prolific content creator since Doom appeared in 1993. But why haven't I uploaded most of it? Because up until now, game companies have insisted they retain copyright in uploaded work. I spent a year designing maps for Trainz Railroad Simulator and kept them to myself and my personal contacts, not allowing them to be uploaded, simply because the publisher would have claimed copyright for my work if I had.

But Sims 2 is different. You, and EA/Maxis, allow me to keep copyright. So I uploaded my Valhalla Collection of wall textures here in assurance that my license conditions would be respected, and I appreciate the feedback I've gotten from that. I'll be doing mostly recolors and texturing here for a while, until I get to grips with the convolutions of SimPE and getting my meshes from Cinema4D (my favourite modelling app) into the game.

I also appreciate the 'Thanks' button, which I use whenever I download content. All in all, you have a fantastic site here and the creator recognition policy is something that's been long overdue in the history of third-party game modding. Well done, I'm sure all content creators appreciate your efforts, and this appreciation is doubtless shown in the sheer quality of work that creators like Seomi and Numenor and many others, have posted here.

The vilest evil is that which is convinced of its own virtue.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 10:59 AM
While I agree with most of what has been said, I think that perhaps some are losing sight of the original purpose of the game. That's just it..it's a game. Not real life. So what if people use the Auto Roof? That is why it is there. To use it. And why not let someone upload a 'regular' sim to 'other'? Some people can't or don't do custom creations..so they do the best they can with the items that Maxis gives them. And before the ability to create custom content, EVERYBODY had only the in-game tools that Maxis provided, to use. Telling some not to use them makes no sense. Some people aren't creative in the way that others are. I really like this site and I do NOT believe that someone should 'borrow' or 'steal' another artists hard work, but other than that, I think ya'll are being a bit unrealistic.

What I don't understand is how you can say: Do NOT USE THIS! Or, this has to be unique..or this has to be a certain way. Pretty soon people won't submit because the site is becoming anal retentive. While it may be within this sites 'rights' to put such strenuous and unreasonable demands on created content, I don't think it is fair to tell others that they can not make use of the tools Maxis gave them. After all, this site would not even be here if Maxis hadn't created the games in the first place. I don't care if you think my roofs look funny. This is a game. Perhaps we should take a look at the definition of 'create'. The restrictions you place on uploaded content is like a musuem saying that they wont accept a Van Gogh because it looks weird, or isnt painted like the 'Mona Lisa' or 'Whistlers Mother." Well I spent over my two cents worth.... I have utmost respect for the site and the talented creators here..but we all cant be Numenor's or Binks or any of the other very talented people. Some of us are just 'us.' I don't recall many other sites that are as picky about submissions.

To those who understand, no explanation is necessary.
To those who don't understand, no explanation is possible.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 4:15 PM
Thanks for the tips
*sighs* i realy wanted to join the "i hate lyriclee club" lol only joking!
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 8:16 PM
n8tivenc: I can see your point of view, but look at it this way: MTS2 isn't just saying "don't do this or that", they're saying what will get published and setting standards for uploaded works. While this may seem anally retentive at first glance, there is a method to their madness: a) it costs money to host such a large site, and the only income is from donations (and Google ads, which probably don't count for much!); b) they get thousands of uploads and only so much space and bandwidth to host them all; c) they have to abide by intellectual property law (notwithstanding the simple moral decency of respecting the hours/days/weeks creators put into their work); and d) they've been in the game long enough to realise that people appreciate quality downloads and don't want to have to spend hours trawling through half-finished and uninspired garbage to find the good stuff.

When I was developing game content for the likes of Doom, Quake, and Half-life, I almost never bothered downloading from the mod sites because most of the maps on there were unfinished, had glaring bugs and errors, crashed the game or just plain looked tacky. Being on dial-up at the time, it was infuriating to spend hours downloading what looked like a good map only to find that the spawn-point looked great and half the rest of the map had no texturing, rooms with no doors to get into them, needed items missing or inaccessible, etc. Knowing this, I figured nobody would download my maps, even though I took the time to make them perfect, simply because everyone would have to trawl through so much rubbish to find them!

This is something I like about MTS2: you know that you're getting something that's of a minimum standard that's worth your bandwidth and time in the downloading. As you say, there are plenty of sites that don't have stringent standards; I've been to some of them myself. And you get blurry, pixelated clothing, lots that even a noob could make in 5 minutes, hacks that crash the game, and in there are a few really good downloads - if you can be bothered trawling for them.

I agree we're not all Numenor or Seomi - I'm certainly not in their league! I only got the game last December so I've only been playing it for a couple of months. I can put the graphics (and eventually modelling) skills I have to use for this game, but it's still a steep learning curve. But the only way to become like the masters is to stretch your creative bounds to the limits, to set high standards for yourself, and to realise that "adequate" is not "well done". Bunging an autoroof on a lot you've just spent hours creating is cheating yourself of all your hard work. It's lazy - and it's not finished. If the job's worth doing, as they say...

Why not use the original content? Well, I've been playing the game for only a couple o months and I've already seen all the original stuff in the game. To many people here who have been playing for a year or more, it's yesterday's news. Been there, seen that, show me something new! There's only so many Sims you can make with the in-game stuff, and after a while they all look the same. Same eyes, same hair, same clothes - booooooring! With all the custom content now available, I can make every Sim look unique, like real people. I can make them look so much better than with the default eyes/skintones/clothes etc. Make a Sim with Seomi's hair and Enayla's eyes and skintones and Milano's clothes, and compare that to a default Sim! The bar has been raised since the game came out. Now we have to jump it!

So all MTS2 is doing is saying "OK people, we're paying for the bandwidth, so we want it to be worthwhile. We don't want our members to have to trawl through tons of garbage, we want everyone to want to come back and get more because they know the stuff we have here is good NEW stuff." As it's their site, they have the final say in what goes on it. As for people not wanting to submit, well, I've noticed that the two uploads I put up yesterday have already been pushed down to second page by all the stuff that's arrived since, so I don't think there'll be any shortage soon!

So if anyone has a submission that's rejected, instead of getting angry, look at your work critically and think about why it was rejected. Then fix the problem and try resubmitting. As they say, it's not personal - LyricLee and CynicalChick and the others don't know you or me from a bar of soap. They have a vision and that vision is a site with 100% quality Sims2 content. And for my part, I spent two weeks designing my collection of walls and floors and I'm glad to know all that work isn't buried uselessly in a ton of half-done rubbish!

P.S. Thomaswest8t: I see you've had your brain eaten too! Did LyricLee find your brain runny? Welcome to the ranks of the undead....

The vilest evil is that which is convinced of its own virtue.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Sim Master : 12th Feb 2006 at 9:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by n8tivenc
While I agree with most of what has been said, I think that perhaps some are losing sight of the original purpose of the game. That's just it..it's a game. Not real life. So what if people use the Auto Roof? That is why it is there. To use it. And why not let someone upload a 'regular' sim to 'other'? Some people can't or don't do custom creations..so they do the best they can with the items that Maxis gives them. And before the ability to create custom content, EVERYBODY had only the in-game tools that Maxis provided, to use. Telling some not to use them makes no sense. Some people aren't creative in the way that others are. I really like this site and I do NOT believe that someone should 'borrow' or 'steal' another artists hard work, but other than that, I think ya'll are being a bit unrealistic.

What I don't understand is how you can say: Do NOT USE THIS! Or, this has to be unique..or this has to be a certain way. Pretty soon people won't submit because the site is becoming anal retentive. While it may be within this sites 'rights' to put such strenuous and unreasonable demands on created content, I don't think it is fair to tell others that they can not make use of the tools Maxis gave them. After all, this site would not even be here if Maxis hadn't created the games in the first place. I don't care if you think my roofs look funny. This is a game. Perhaps we should take a look at the definition of 'create'. The restrictions you place on uploaded content is like a musuem saying that they wont accept a Van Gogh because it looks weird, or isnt painted like the 'Mona Lisa' or 'Whistlers Mother." Well I spent over my two cents worth.... I have utmost respect for the site and the talented creators here..but we all cant be Numenor's or Binks or any of the other very talented people. Some of us are just 'us.' I don't recall many other sites that are as picky about submissions.

:banghead: I'm afraid that I have to agree with you on the fact that they can sometimes be too picky in the housing department. But I'd also have to say that if there weren't as many guidelines for houses, then many people would upload some houses that they slapped together in 5 min. and waste site space and bandwidth. However, I am somewhat upset that a house I was going to submit (Entitled 1400 Sim Avenue) Will never be able to be on this site because they said that it was "not architectually realistic" :soul: I mean, sure, it may not ever be a real house, but really none of my houses are based off real ones. They seem to want houses based of real ones, but some people have an imagination, (like me) who have created houses like the ones in the sim avenue series from scratch out of my mind. (Including 1400 Sim Avenue) Sure, you may not ever see a 5-story tall green house with two garages, but have you ever seen a 5-story tall mansion with giant windows? (1000 Sim Avenue) Or a giant castle with a rooftop helipad? (1100 Sim Avenue) Or even a giant 6-story tall tan mansion in the middle of a desert? (1300 Sim Avenue) I believe that they should accept houses whether they look realisic or not. I spent over two weeks working on that house, and even though it may not look like a real house, do they even have to? It's just a game, not real life. :mad: I guess I'll just have to submit 1400 Sim Avenue to TSR, since they have gotten too picky here...oh well, at least 1500 and up look like real houses. Sorry if I sound a little mean, :sorry: it's just I spent so much time on the house, and there's no way to change it to comply with their pickiness. Plus, it ruins the Sim Avenue Mansion Collection. :sadpanda: It will forever more be missing a piece...

P.S. As for looking at why my house was rejected instead of getting mad, there is no way to fix it. It was made especially for the series, and it looks like one of the huge mansions that would fit into it. It's nothing personal towards the moderators, it's just that even though my house may not look like a real one, it still has great quality, and a very nice floorplan. And I'm sure some people would like it. I understand that they need to keep the quality of downloads on this site to a high standard, but that's what I've put into every one of my houses. I spent many long hours making the details and furnishings of this house and all my others to look and feel like the highest standard. These are huge mansions, and they already have good quality. In fact, 1500, the next one, is not even done yet, and I've already spent 3 weeks on it. It's a slow process, and it is completely unique in every single way. I just didn't know there was a such thing as being too unique. Again, I'm not trying to get into trouble or anything like that, it's just that my house is of high standard, and therefore deserves being on MTS2, because frankly, there's really no other site I know of of being more genorous in letting creators share their work. I love this site so much, and therefore would think it sad to have to go somewhere else to host my creations.

Regards, Sim Master
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 11:02 PM
I just had a question about the policy on custom content for lots. I never download any custom lot items or, for that matter, any custom houses. The things I have in my downloads folder are all items for sims- Clothing, makeup, and genetics. I play the game on a Mac, so Clean Installer is not available to me. I want to see more Mac-made items out there, and I want to try submitting some of my homes. However, I'm not sure if I can.

Who says Mac users can't be cool?

-SimplyDi
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 11:57 PM
Mystikan pretty much sums everything that I could say very well. When I originally started MTS2 I deliberately set out to not allow anybody and everybody to upload things here - after all thats what the exchange is for, right?

MTS2 has always been about quality, not quantity, and I believe that the upload moderators do an amazing job but I am also constantly suprised at the quality and innovation that the members show when they upload creatiors too.

I'm proud of the work that everybody has put in making this site one of the best in the Sims 2 community - not bad for something less than 2 years old!

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 2:22 AM
Ok, I read and obey. (jk) I just wanted to say that I see your point, and will try to meet it. I am one of the creators for K and B Designs and we have only a few people who create for us. But I want those items to be HIGH quality too. So I am not Grousing when I got a notice that a House that I spent several days building, got rejected because it was not 'unique' enough. I have other Ideas, and will be working on them. I just wanted to say that I have a lot of admiration for You, Delphy, and the rest of the Crew that Admin and Mod here. It is not an easy job, and sometimes when people start to grouse, complain, and otherwise heat the air, you are the targets. To hold ones own under fire is something to be admired.

You have set very high standards, and I like that. It means that if you accept something that I spent days on, even weeks, it is something to be proud of. And then if it is rated high, that is reason for more pride, because it means that the users, who are used to the high standard that you have set, find something in your work that excells higher then the others. I hope to submit other items here, and they will appear on K and B Designs too. The fact that they have been accepted here is extra gravy for me. I hope that you keep this high standard, and I wish you and the MTS2 crew a world of good fortune. You are one of the reasons that I am creating. I thank you.

I remain, BirmanKat (of K and B Designs) AKA (here) mal1958

Birman Kat aka mal1958

A fantastic wife, a fantastic son, My computer, and The SIMS 2. Life is good!

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Frederick Douglass
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 4:08 AM
SimMaster,

What you have to realise is that it doesn't matter if it's a set. It doesn't matter that a number is missing. We evaluate everything on individual quality. What you have to ask yourself is this: Would you want a mansion like that across the street from you? The vast majority of people would say "no" - no matter how much attention to detail you put on the inside - if the outside doesn't meet up to the same standards then it lets the entire thing down.

How many times have you seen a beautiful looking house on the outside but the inside is a mess? Or a shabby run down old warehouse but beautiful on the inside? Don't you feel that the overall quality is degraded because of that?

What these guidelines are here to tell you is that we do look at overall quality, and the moderators spend hours every single day of the week going through submission after submission after submission. When you do that for long enough you see patterns, you know what makes something "special".

Think of it like a job interview. We are the interviewers and if we want you to have a pride of place in our "company" then we expect every submission thats moderated to meet the same high standards we already have. This is what these guidelines are here to say.

Hope this clarifies things.

Regards
Delphy

Scholar
#13 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 6:49 AM
I agree with the guidelines,but I have some questions though..on "Textures Standards" Rule #4 All you have to do when you uploading clothing is to put it in the "Saved sims" folder don't you have to use Sim2 Installer as well?

for "Landscaping" I know it's a kinda strict rule (I nothing towards the moderators or anything) but what about the ones who don't have a low RAM? I just curious because the more objects you put the slower the gameplay is going to be.

I don't want to sound dumb but To be very clear Basically the guidlines it's a way of saying anyone should not be lazy on our creations and take thier time on our work instead of just uploading something you did 5 minutes ago and uploading right? I agree with the rules and once you create something over and over again you get better eventually correct?

9b8ll
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 8:45 AM
I love the site and can live with the rules, but yes, the building submission can be very strict sometimes. But I can live with that too :D.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 8:11 PM Last edited by tkdjunkie : 13th Feb 2006 at 8:19 PM.
The building guidelines seem simple to me.

First, try not to use other people's content. If you must use something that someone else made, then have the decency to thank that person in your post.

Second, building can be easy or difficult, depending on what you make. Everyone can build something "easy" for themselves so there's no sense in downloading "easy" stuff.

So all you have to do is build something unique while crediting other people when you borrow their files. It's really quite simple to do.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 8:13 PM
[QUOTE=9b8ll]I agree with the guidelines,but I have some questions though..on "Textures Standards" Rule #4 All you have to do when you uploading clothing is to put it in the "Saved sims" folder don't you have to use Sim2 Installer as well?

WHat I meant by this one is- People continually upload the clothing they make by zippingup the files in their Projects folder- Thats wrong- They need to only zip the .package file of that clothing item thats in their Saved Sims folder.

for "Landscaping" I know it's a kinda strict rule (I nothing towards the moderators or anything) but what about the ones who don't have a low RAM? I just curious because the more objects you put the slower the gameplay is going to be.

You dont have to put alot of objects, But dont leave your house on an empty lot. The Yard is part of the architecture as well.Youd be amazed what a few flowers and trees can do for a house

QUOTE]
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 4:10 AM
I'm wondering why there aren't equally strict rules for objects?
Not that I'm complaining mind you... just curious.

There are tons of really bad screen shots for objects... so far
away you can't see any detail at all. Its too bad really, some
of its probably good stuff... but I won't download anything I can't see.

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 2:32 PM
mmm, v. useful...thanks! oh, and shannani, I LOVE your avvie! Where'd u get the sweater?

All You Need Is LOVE!
(It saved PEPPERLAND, after all)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 3:56 PM
thanks for clearing that up for everyone
we all need to be told that every now and then
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#20 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 5:27 PM
Objects aren't part of the "moderated" section of the site, and so don't fall under the quality guidelines at the moment.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 6:44 PM
Personally I don't like having to wait several days when
I submit clothing (Ilike being able to edit my typos before
anyone catches them. LOL!), so I'd hate for objects to be
changed to that process.

But honestly I really think more post-posting moderation is needed
then on objects... at the very least to get people to take
decent screenshots. Heck I'd be more than happy to let people
know that tiny group of specs on that long wall far in the distance
that is supposed to be 10 "fabulous" paintings completely blows
and they need to take close-ups. But I'm not going in without back-up... LOL!

TSR Featured Artist

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 6:50 PM
Actually- not to correct Delphy- but there ARE guidelines for objects in the Creator Guidelines forum. The problem is no one takes the time to read these. And those items are unmoderated so by providing bad screenshots they are only dooming their own creations. There have been alot of good items that wont be downlaoded becuase of failure to take decent screenshtos of those items. Thats why we created example posts for ALL types of uploads. If only people read ... *sigh*
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 7:09 PM
Well not to mention its just common sense that a picture of something
far away is not going to sell your product. I don't think I have ever seen
a Coca-Cola ad with the bottle and logo 4 blocks away. :loser:

TSR Featured Artist

On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shannanisims
Well not to mention its just common sense that a picture of something
far away is not going to sell your product. I don't think I have ever seen
a Coca-Cola ad with the bottle and logo 4 blocks away.

I agree with you, and it always amazes me to see when someone obviously spends hours (or even days or weeks) making something, only to provide screenshots that don't even show what the item looks like

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 11:47 PM
Well, I'm sure there are a lot of people who want to join the 'I Hate Lyric Lee Club' but I am not one of them. These seem like very reasonable guidelines designed to help downloaders find what they are looking for. I know how frustrated *I* get when looking for a specific thing, only to find that the description doesn't match the item, and I'm certainly not the only one! So, thank you for this
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2