Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ocean Isles - Neighborhood Terrain

by Duds Posted 12th Feb 2006 at 9:59 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:03 PM
That's awesome !!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:18 PM
thats really great! *downloads*

-Jamie

"Sleep soundly Nina and don't fear the night, with it's long claws that scratch, and it's sharp teeth that bite. Under the covers theres no need to hide, for your Uncles a monster and hes on your side!" - Doctor Neo Cortex
#4 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:57 PM
help meeeeeeee.how u download???
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 2:57 PM
this is the greatest neighborhood i have downloaded
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 6:46 PM
Thats cool ^^ Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 2:25 AM
I rather fancy your work Duds, very nice.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Inventor
#8 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 6:30 AM
Great neighborhood. Could you build another islnad neigborhood with more streets and long beaches ? Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 2:17 AM
Absolutely awesome. Downloaded and installed, already chose this is my new neighbourhood. Looks awesome with my decorations and transfered lots. Thanks as this is the best map I've ever downloaded.

Intru informatique...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 12:00 AM
A special Thank you to all those that take the time to make comments,
I find it rewarding to hear from people that appreciate the efforts I go to.
(and I also appreciate those that choose to click the 'thanks' option, quite simple to do really and it gives the creator a sense of worth).

weff, I sent a private message that should help you out, if you need more help you can reply to that.

UK1967: I am working a terrain that I will upload shortly that has more 'beach front'. Its design is different to those already available here at MTS2. Based around an Island theme I tried to make it more natural and not too 'blocky'. (although I suspose blocky might be good for a terrain based around a series of cannals, which I could attempt later if anyone was interested).

Any way, happy simming to you all,
Duds
#11 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 4:16 PM
what if you dont have that doc to save in you know
EA Games/The Sims 2/SC4Terrains directory can i save in....
neibourhoods

p.s. sorry about the spelling
#12 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 4:22 PM
what if you dont have that doc to save in you know
EA Games/The Sims 2/SC4Terrains directory can i save in....
neibourhoods

p.s. sorry about the spelling
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 4:10 AM
121dude: You should have a folder of that name with several game default neighborhood terrains in.
You could try to do a search on your c: drive for SC4Terrains
or even to see where the default files have gone to by searching for *.sc4
hopefully that should find them.
I think the game will only allow you to get terrain files from the SC4Terrains directory(folder). This means that they will not so up when you create a new custom neighbourhood if the files are put into a neighbourhoods folders.

You could also attempt to see if you have the defaults loaded by trying to create a new custom neighbourhood in game and take note of the files available, then use the search function in windows explorer to find the folder that one of the files is located in, so that you can put the new terrains files in there with it.

Let me know how you get on and if any of that worked.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 6:48 AM
Duds, man, you make ill neighborhoods! Love it, thank you.

I hope this signature isn't too long. ha.