Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Call Private School Phone Plug-in (Updated 11/7/2006)

by syberspunk Posted 18th Feb 2006 at 4:59 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 6:58 AM by syberspunk : updated for ZOMGPETS!!!111oneone

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 5:23 AM
This is SO great. Keep on going...

Ready, Set, Build!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 5:49 AM
Oh what a great idea. this way we don't have to make them get kicked out of private school. Thank you for sharing this with us, Great Job!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 6:43 AM
Will they get a new memory each time they quit or re-enroll?

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keineeier3
Will they get a new memory each time they quit or re-enroll?

Nope. Not if you have them quit or re-enroll via the phone.

However, I imagine that, if you have your sims repeat the headmaster scenario, they will most likely get a second memory of getting into private school.

But if you use this hack, and call via the phone instead, your sims should NOT receive any new memories.

Ste
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 5:19 PM
Thats cool thx for sharing
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 7:57 AM
Updated to add new feature as requested/suggested by twojeffs. Should be a tad more useful now even if a slight cheaty. But I felt that it seems reasonable and not too cheaty.

Cheers!

Ste
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 12:34 AM
I can't belive I've never seen your hacks before, these are great! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 5:36 PM
Okay so if I got my oldest daughter into private school, she got the memory, my younger son can get into private school without the headmaster scenario, correct? My daughter will get the memory of getting into private school. Will my son get the memory even though he didn't go through the headmaster scenario? From how I read it, he won't get the memory. So if my son grows up, moves out and starts his own family, he can or cannot enroll his own children into private school using this hack? He will not have a memory of getting into private school. Is this correct?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 8:06 PM
This is great! I hated having to have the headmaster over six times...

Click here for my creations! Includes toddler outfits, nighties, alien eyes, custom majors, the t-shirt in my avatar and much more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bain
Okay so if I got my oldest daughter into private school, she got the memory, my younger son can get into private school without the headmaster scenario, correct?

Yes.

My daughter will get the memory of getting into private school. Will my son get the memory even though he didn't go through the headmaster scenario?

Yes, the son should get a memory. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that.

From how I read it, he won't get the memory. So if my son grows up, moves out and starts his own family, he can or cannot enroll his own children into private school using this hack? He will not have a memory of getting into private school. Is this correct?

No. I forgot to mention this, but any students that are newly enrolled into private school i.e. they have never before been in private school and are now added via the "Enroll Legacy" option will get a memory of being getting into private school. The parents should also get the appropriate memory of their child getting into private school.

In the same token... there is a bit of a "safety check" where your children might fail to qualify and as a result, get the bad memory of not getting into private school. I kept that in there as a failsafe to make sure the code was working properly. Essentially, this should pretty much never happen because the option should theoretically only show up when you have sims that actually qualify for getting into private school.

The requirements for qualifying are:

1) They have a sibling or parent, that they know (i.e. met) who is attending or has attended private school. This should even allow kids who have parents who were former students of private school but do not currently live in the same household as the child.

2) They do NOT have a memory of getting into private school i.e. they never previously attended private school. If they did, then the other option to "re-enroll" should work for them.

3) They currently are attending public school.

4) They have a grade that is a C or better.

Let me know if you have problems, or if the memory doesn't get set properly. Both the parent(s) and the child(ren) in question should get the memory of getting into private school as if you had done the Headmaster scenario.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM
Bloody awesome! Thanks for the info!

I read on MATY that this is OFB compatible! Thanks for that too!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 3:07 PM
This is awesome! I looked at this before, but with the addition of the legacy I've just downloaded it! One of my families had their eldest daughter go to private school (she's now in college), but they have had five children since, three of whom are children but whom I hadn't bothered to go through the Headmaster scenario for again... but now I can give them the same opportunity big sis had so thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 4:57 PM
Okay after testing, I think this is causing phones in Uni not to function. The only option that comes up is Call for a Date and Call Family (from autoyak from MATY) and they both cancel out if selected. In debug mode I get this error when mousing over a phone with a sim in Uni.

Build: 1.3.0.249
at Feb 6 2006,15:58:42

Object id: 183
name: N001_User00175 - Jane
Stack size: 13
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 112
Frame 12:
Stack Object id: 115
Stack Object name: JobData - School - Private
Node: 1
Tree: id 8205 name 'CT - Get Carpool Time' version -32761
from JobDataSchoolGlobals
Prim state: 0
Params: 11 Locals: 0
Frame 11:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 10:
Node: 65534
Tree: id 4104 name 'Private School Phone Call - Acceptable Hour to Call?' version -32757
from PhoneCall_PrivateSchool
Params: 115 Locals: 0
Frame 9:
Node: 8
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Check Private School Hours' version -32755
Params: Locals: 0
Frame 8:
Stack Object id: 544
Stack Object name: Phone Private School - Enroll Legacy
Tree: id 4118 name 'Special - Private School Phone Call - Enroll Legacy - TEST' version -32760
Frame 7:
Node: 5
Tree: id 4107 name 'CT - Phone Call Available?' version -32748
Frame 6:
Node: 3
Tree: id 8255 name 'Call - Check Type - Loop' version -32758
from PhoneGlobals
Params: 0 0 1 Locals: 1
Frame 5:
Node: 14
Tree: id 8231 name 'Call - Check Type Availablility' version -32751
from PhoneGlobals
Params: 41 0 1 Locals: 0 0
Frame 4:
Stack Object id: 10
Stack Object name: Phone - CellPhone - Controller
Tree: id 8229 name 'Call - Build Menu' version -32732
from PhoneGlobals
Params: 1 Locals: 0 0
Frame 3:
from
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 10
Stack Object name: Phone - CellPhone - Controller
Tree: id 8796 name 'Interaction - Cell Phone - Make Call -TEST' version -32755
from PersonGlobals
Params: Locals: 47
Frame 1:
from
Frame 0:
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson

Taking the mod out, I can use the phone. I can use the phone in my base hood no prob and downtown as well.

I have Uni, NL and OFB. Hope that helps. I really like this mod I hope you can get it fixed.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 12:13 PM
Hi-- I popped it into my game and fired up the Smiths Jill in private school... for some reason the 'phone didn't display the private school options. I do have a few other hacks installed, but nothing, I don't think, that should affect the 'phone. I have the original game and Uni only and play on a Mac.

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 9:47 AM
Hi again! I fired up a Uni lot, and all 'phones were disabled ('no actions available' on landlines; cellphone options not available). Removing your hack fixed this, so there must be a conflict somewhere. I'm afraid I don't really know how the game's guts work and I can't run any of the cool tools as they're Windows only, but here is a list of the hacks I have installed:

Quote:
zCBOY_nudist.package
Yellowpeeobject.package
Yellowpeehack.package
TS2Studios02B.package
Telescope_x5.package
Telescope_x10.package
StormyEmotionBird.package
Sim Effects.package
Shrubtoilethack.package
ReadingSkills.package
Multi_Pollination_Technician.package
Multi-PT-Pollination_Technician_88.package
Multi-PT-Pollination_Technician_59.package
Multi-PT-Pollination_Technician_35.package
Multi-PT-Pollination_Technician_14.package
MQ_Work_Bring_Friend_Dialog.package
MQ_Bookcase_Global.package
ME_MultiPainting-1.package
LizzLoves_Gender_Preference_Kite_01.package
liugno2happy2.package
liugno2decay2.package
InTeenimater_F.package
InTeenimater_E.package
InTeenimater_D.package
InTeenimater_C.package
InTeenimater_B.package
InTeenimater_A.package
InSIMenator (UV) v2.2 SIM Edition.package
ijWetBedSasverLITE.package
ijWetBedMemorySasver.package
HygienicSwimming.package
homeworksometimesfasterfun_v2.package
flamingo-of-contentment.package
censor.package
CBOY_nudist_Social.package
CBOY_nudist_naked_emitter.package
CBOY_Nudist_meditate.package
CBOY_cock_user_textures.package
CBOY_cock_controller.package
CBOY_cock.package
bandcontroller_patch_V3.package

Sorry this isn't very helpful... any ideas what could be going wrong?

Miao.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:15 AM
Okay after testing, I think this is causing phones in Uni not to function. The only option that comes up is Call for a Date and Call Family (from autoyak from MATY) and they both cancel out if selected. In debug mode I get this error when mousing over a phone with a sim in Uni.

Quote: Originally posted by Thanhlienh
Hi-- I popped it into my game and fired up the Smiths Jill in private school... for some reason the 'phone didn't display the private school options. I do have a few other hacks installed, but nothing, I don't think, that should affect the 'phone. I have the original game and Uni only and play on a Mac.

Does this only happen on Uni lots? Does this happen in any lots in a Uni 'hood? Or just Dorms?

Does this ever happen in other 'hoods? I hadn't thought to test this out in other 'hood types. Please try testing this in Downtown and Bluewater Village as well.

In the meantime, here's a hotfix that I just slapped together. Unfortunately, right now my own personal machine is down. I am in the process of rebuilding it, and it probably won't be ready until tomorrow or later this week. I just happen to be home on my sister's machine. :P

I will attach the hotfix to first post. Please download it and test it out in your game. You need the hotfix AND the original callprivateschool.package hack itself. Have them both in your game and I recommend turning on debug mode. Try testing this in the regular base 'hood, and any Uni 'hoods, Downtowns, or Bluewater Village type community business lots.

Let me know if you still have problems. If the hotfix works, then I will incorporate it into the original hack and release an updated version. If it doesn't work, please try to post or zip up and attach any error logs you might get. Thanks!

Ste
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 7:22 AM Last edited by Bain : 15th Mar 2006 at 7:33 AM.
As I stated, only in universties. Downtown, Bluewater, and Base Hood the phone works great. No issues with calling anyone or using the features of this mod. However on Uni lots (both res and dorms) the phone causes that error I posted earlier when mousing over the phone. I even tried using the cell phones on uni lots, same issue.

Now I have tested your hotfix. This is the error log in a uni lot.

Build: 1.3.0.249
at Feb 6 2006,15:58:42

Object id: 420
name: N001_User00233 - Allegra
Stack size: 12
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 1
Frame 11:
Stack Object id: 106
Node: 1
Tree: id 8205 name 'CT - Get Carpool Time' version -32761
from JobDataSchoolGlobals
Params: 11 Locals: 0
Frame 10:
from
Frame 9:
Tree: id 4104 name 'Private School Phone Call - Acceptable Hour to Call?' version -32757
Params: 106 Locals: 0
Frame 8:
Node: 8
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Check Private School Hours' version -32755
Params: Locals: 0
Frame 7:
Stack Object id: 319
Tree: id 4118 name 'Special - Private School Phone Call - Enroll Legacy - TEST' version -32760
Frame 6:
Node: 5
Tree: id 4107 name 'CT - Phone Call Available?' version -32748
Frame 5:
Tree: id 8255 name 'Call - Check Type - Loop' version -32758
from PhoneGlobals
Params: 0 0 1 Locals: 0
Frame 4:
Node: 14
Tree: id 8231 name 'Call - Check Type Availablility' version -32751
from PhoneGlobals
Params: 41 0 1 Locals: 0 0
Frame 3:
Tree: id 8229 name 'Call - Build Menu' version -32732
from PhoneGlobals
Params: 0 Locals: 0 0
Frame 2:
Tree: id 8200 name 'Interaction - Call - TEST' version -32744
from PhoneGlobals
Frame 1:
from
Frame 0:
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson

now I don't even have the options to call family or ask for date on the phone. It does not even highlight.

I do not know how to upload files to here I can e-mail it to you if you want or send you a PM with it all
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 2:25 PM
I tried it in a few uni lots with the hotfix installed. The 'phone works in dorms, but the only options that come up are the standard ones. Then, none of my dormies have gone to private school. In private residences on Uni lots, the same thing happens as Bain posted: 'phone completely disabled; cell 'phones too. On residential lots, the 'Private School' option does not come up on the 'phone (tested with a family with two kids in private school).

Miao.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 12:01 AM
Thank you both for providing the error logs and feedback. The hotfix was wonky, and since I did kind of bang it out without much thought I guess that was to be expected.

Anyhew... I've almost got my computer back to normal... almost. So, since I'm in the process of reinstalling TS2, I figured I'd take the time to test it out in Uni without the other EPs installed yet. I managed to track down the error and I am fairly certain the update that is now available should work in all 'hoods, at least in the sense that you shouldn't get any more errors (I hope).

I tested in a base 'hood in Pleasantview, and it worked fine. Since I only made minor changes, it should still work for NL and OFB players. The changes I made should also prevent any errors for Uni lots. Essentially, these options shouldn't show up on Uni lots anyway, since you really shouldn't have children on Uni lots. The only way for that to happen is to use some hack or cheat and teleport children in or somehow give birth to them. I don't use any sort of hacks or cheats such as these, and therefore I refuse to test this situation myself. I don't think sims even age on college lots anyway. I don't even know how non-YA sims behave on Uni lots. :shrug: As such, I would caution you in using this hack with such a situation. In otherwords, I wouldn't recommend having children on Uni lots. On the one hand, I don't see anything in the code for this hack that should cause a problem if you do have children on Uni lots. On the other hand, if some unexpected error occurs, I'm not sure if I'd be able to fix it or if I even feel like trying to fix it if the cause is due to a user's playing style. Consider this psuedo-legal mumbo-jumbo to cover my ass in case you play that way and you do get errors. :P

Quote: Originally posted by Thanhlienh
I tried it in a few uni lots with the hotfix installed. The 'phone works in dorms, but the only options that come up are the standard ones. Then, none of my dormies have gone to private school. In private residences on Uni lots, the same thing happens as Bain posted: 'phone completely disabled; cell 'phones too. On residential lots, the 'Private School' option does not come up on the 'phone (tested with a family with two kids in private school).

The updated version should work for all types of lots in other types of neighborhoods. Hopefully you won't get those errors popping up anymore. Since all playable sims in your Uni lots should be YAs, the options should Not show up while you are on a Uni lot, regardless of whether it is a Dorm, Residence, Greek House, etc.

For all other types of neighborhoods (base 'hoods, Downtowns, and Business types like Bluewater Village), the options should only show up if:

A) any of your sims are in private school - you will have the option to quit

B) any of your sims used to be in private school but are currently in public school - if you have children or teens that have a memory of being accepted into private school and have a grade that is C or higher, you will have the option to re-enroll

C) any of your sims siblings, parents, or grand parents are/were in private school - if you have children or tenns that do NOT have a memory of being accepted into private school and have a grade that is C or higher, you will have the option to enroll legacy

In this last case, the siblings, parents, or grad parents must currently be attending private school, or have previously attended private school, and must have a memory of being accepted into private school. The memory is crucial, as the option will NOT show up if you just set sims school type to private school using some hack or cheat (such as the InSimenator). In this way, you should have completed the Headmaster scenario at least sometime during the "lifespan" of your family whose "legacy" you want to continue at private school. I hope this makes sense. :P

Anyways, download and test the new version. If you have any more issues, please come back and let me know. Include an error log if you can.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 12:29 AM
Thanks syberspunk! I'll test it as soon as I can.

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 10:24 PM
So far no problems with this new version! Thank you for the fix, I (and I'm sure everyone else) appreciate the work!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 3:25 AM
For some reason, nothing happens when I click the download, and if I right-click and choose to open link in a new tab/window, it just comes up untitled. (Normally an untitled page would show and a download would pop-up.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 7:25 PM
I'm glad this is working so far. And thanks so much Bain and Thanhlienh for testing this and providing much needed feedback. I try and do my best when it comes to testing, but I can only think of so many cases, and sometimes I miss situations that I didn't think of.

Especially since I use a separate account for testing my hacks than the one I use for actually playing, since I hardly play for real myself. I actually spend a lot of time mostly downloading, reading and posting on message boards, and updating or toying with potential mods. :P

I wouldn't have expected an error to pop up in Uni since I figured you should only have YAs in uni anyways. But since some of the code for Uni students was cloned an slightly altered, it was returning garbage, thus causing the error. Anyways, it should be fixed now. But I always appreciate any feedback, especially when it comes to unforeseen errors.

@bluedakotasunday:

Sorry, I can't help you much. If you're experiencing browser problems, try using a different browser. Also look at the FAQs on this site and check out this if you're having downloading issues.

Ste
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 3:13 AM
I'm having a problem with the private school options not showing up when I have my sims use the phone.
Page 1 of 4