Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Default Replacement - Using Enayla's Vampire Grace

by IAmTheRad Posted 19th Feb 2006 at 10:57 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 8:33 AM by IAmTheRad

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 1:03 AM Last edited by sleep4uall : 20th Feb 2006 at 2:18 AM.
lol THX for it i need3d it :wave:
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 1:52 AM
oh, thank you!!!!!

I was beyond tired of the blue blue blue vampires.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 6:48 AM
Alright! I am sooo tired of taking time to slap all sorts of cool makeup on my vamps to be and then have it alll go green and look horrible! Thanks, I love the pale one best!!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 1:11 PM
Wow!! Thank you soooooooo much! I was waiting for this!

So, if I put make-up on my vampires, it won't all turn blue? Or is that problem still there?

Thanks again, great work!
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 2:56 PM
Great job! I know you put alot of hard work into this and I'm glad to see it up. Looks fantastic.
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 6:55 PM
In game my vampires ended up looking pixelated. I appreciate the hard work you put into this but do you know why this might have happened?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 7:30 PM
Thanks, I'll be glad to be rid of the blue makeup vampires. Good work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:24 PM Last edited by IAmTheRad : 20th Feb 2006 at 11:39 PM.
I knew someone would come up with the pixelated part. Right now, it's an unfixable problem. At least it's not noticable unless you REALLY zoom in, at least on high detail. 1024x1024 texture resolution. If I figure out how to import a alpha channel into photoshop without sacrificing the original image, then I should be able to make it not pixelated. You'll just have to wait until then, if I ever come back to this project.

And to the makeup part, it won't all turn blue. It might be faded out a bit (the amount of fading is on which skintone you get, the pale or the regular one), but you won't have blue makeup, just whiter. The pale skin will show less paling, of the makeup, since it's closer to your Sims' skintone, and not a drastic change. To make makeup look the way it actually does pre-vampire, would require HOURS of changing the internal workings of the actual game. I prefer not to reverse engineer the game to make it work the way people want it to.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:48 AM
Thank you so very much! The Maxis blue tint to the vampires is so lame.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 8:34 AM
Ok, I'm confused. Don't vampires keep their original skin, and get an overlay of the blue tint, red eyes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:17 PM
Well, yes, they keep their original skin, and get an overlay of the blue skin, originally.
This time, they get this pale skin, or whiter skin, depending on the one you downloaded. Of course this time, they have green eyes. If you want red eyes, well, I COULD use Enayla's eyetone and put it where the green eyes are. That is only if people actually want it. Other than that, this skintone is pretty much complete.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:42 AM
i think they should still get red eyes, its cool. purhaps even bright blue like off Underworld, or that yellow color of Angel. green is just too human.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 7:37 PM
I'd only make the red one. Not bright blue (I'd probably turn it to blue within blue eyes like the Fremen of Dune) or yellow (don't watch Angel) and the only reference point I have is the red one. I'd work on it this weekend. It should be a quick job.

EDIT: It'll take me a little longer than the weekend since I had to reformat my computer. But I'll get it done by Monday for sure.
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 2:00 PM
ack, i like the idea of green eyes. red eyes are too cliche and... story-book.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:46 PM Last edited by LifeJunkie : 28th Feb 2006 at 2:09 PM.
I think it's great. The red eyes would be cool though. My only problem is that make-up and facial hair don't show up at all on this skin. Is this only in my game?

I have the regular vampire skin. If it's supposed to do this then it's fine, I just want to make sure it's not my game. (Like with pretty much everything else that's gone wrong :shrug:.)

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 6:46 AM
IAmTheRad, the reason I suggested using a RGB of 107 107 107 on the alpha was to avoid having the makeup, beards, stubble, etc. not show up (it's covered by this skin). Using Enayla's skin as a base only really works well for her skins, since the placement is different on the Maxis defaults and you'll end up with distorted belly buttons, and muscles.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 5:57 PM
when will the red eyes be available for vampire defaults?
if you download the vampire grace skin you do get some gorgeous red eyes to go with that...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 8:26 PM
The red eyes would be added when I get around to it. Which isn't right now, sadly.
College is a little higher priority right now. The red eyes isn't abandoned, just delayed until school calms down a bit.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 6:26 PM
First I thought, oh great! And, it still is, but why did you remove the blood around the mouth? Well, thanks anyway.

"If a human brain was so easy that we could understand it, we would be so stupid that we didn't understand it anyway."- Jostein Gaarder
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 1:45 PM
Yosim, the blood around the mouth is facial make-up. It can be found there.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." Luna Lovegood

"It's lucky it's dark...I haven't blushed so much since Madame Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs." Albus Dumbledore
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 11:01 AM
can't one just change the eyes to red in the surgical chair??? Just curious - Definately getting this.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 11:30 AM
IAmTheRad... regarding the pixellation...

I'm assuming you're using SimPE to import/export your textures and add your alpha and all that... I'm not sure if you lose texture quality on the export, but I'm sure you do if you just use the "Import" button and import your .png image with your alpha in it...

What you can do to avoid this is to use the nVidia DDS Utilities plugins which will allow you to right-click on the texture image in SimPE and do "build DXT" which can import your .png with your transparency and everything intact and you won't get the image degradation that's causing the pixellated effect. If you look in the Create section, the basic tutorial by Numenor to recolour an object with Object Workshop has links to where to get the DDS Utilities, and shows how to use it (at least as it relates to recolouring objects... you just need to see how to do the Build DXT part).

Fantastic idea, by the way. I love the spookiness of Enayla's skintones, especially for vampires.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 1:13 PM
I'm using Enayla's default skin replacements but my vamps (they're using the light skin tone) still get a slightly blue face, -the body looks fine though. Forgive me for being stupid, lol, but if the blue is a full body makup, why is it that the body looks fine and only the face is bluish?
Oh, and I hope you (or someone else) will be able to fix the pixelated look to the body skin. Still, this is such a great improvement to Maxis ridiculous vampire skin so thanks so much for making this replacement!
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wycked
I'm using Enayla's default skin replacements but my vamps (they're using the light skin tone) still get a slightly blue face, -the body looks fine though.

Just my luck, I found somebody with the same problem I have, but it's a couple months old, and never got answered. Maybe someone will see this...I can only hope!

My faces stay blue too:

-Beefshank
Page 1 of 2