Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Downtown build/buy mode enabler

by cathair2005 Posted 19th Feb 2006 at 1:30 PM - Updated 18th Nov 2006 at 1:00 PM by cathair2005

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 1:42 PM
:skull: Cool... Thanx... Ill test it out... :guitar:

...Rock Music=My Life...
...Hot Topic Rocks...
...I Love My Chemical Romance...
...Frankie Iero Is My Hero...
...Rock On...
^^ *Shadow* ^^
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 1:57 PM
sounds interesting... thanks
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 2:14 PM
Nice...
I used the nor dormdisabled cheat to make this, but it only made buy enabled... I hope you will make saving possible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 2:24 PM
It won't work for the dorms - it just makes it possible when you go downtown or to a community lot. I guess for the dorms you can use that cheat - I'll have to look it up in the strategy guide.

Oh and guys; remember to remove this when OFB comes out.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 2:27 PM
Nice one! I tried to do similar to this for turning the Buy/Build options back on when there is a fire, but didn't succeed.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 4:15 PM
I can't wait to test this. It's something I've wanted for a long time. But for a very simple reason. I build community lots and when I play them for the first time I find little mistakes. I put something one square to the side of where it needs to be and my sims get stuck or something like that. Being able to make a quick adjustment without taking my sims home, exiting to the Neighborhood, and reloading the lot will be wonderful.
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 4:32 PM
Oh, thank you! I'm SO glad that someone finally did this! 5 stars!!!

"Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems. Well, here I am."
-Marilyn Manson
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 4:35 PM
I am brave. I shall test this.......

\m/ ****TOM ARAYA FOR PRESIDENT**** \M/
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 4:55 PM
I can't believe u did this! I made the request for this!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#11 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 7:17 PM
Finally!!!!
Im tired of using a cheat every time I go DT!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 11:05 PM
I agree with Ailias and anyone else who uses the boolprop cheat. It IS about time this cheat became available.

Even an old dog learns new tricks
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 5:20 AM
Been playin with it for bout 6 hrs now... no nasty surprizes yet! (didn't try a dorm, as you already covered that above, but rest of uni is fine!) I don't redecorate much on the fly while in Community lots, but the inventory feature makes this a MUST have hack! Kudos!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 8:15 AM
:o WOW! I'v been waitin for this since like, forever!!! Thanks! :D

(!),,,(!)
( o/\o )
\ | | /
(o\/o)
Instructor
#15 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 9:08 AM
As to the experiment you are doing I would just place a question about if the game is rearranging the IDs for objects that are forced cloned. It is quite interesting. As you must know, an instance nr. is created for every object placed in game. When you talk about Sims self, the GUID nr. seems to have no influence on how the game works. I'm in an experiment named Sim Transfer and up now I got no issues out of my transferring Sims from Old back-up CDs back to active 'hoods. It is possible that the same happens with all other objects and then sure you can "steal" whatever from wherever. I know (from an accident) that you can even clone Sims and the issues are much more fun than scaring.
**I used Inge's teleporter to teleport a stuck Sim that was really almost lost (problems with mesh messing-up). As I didn't succeed on teleporting I repeated the clicking about 3 times - nothing happened. As I am daring I saved before exiting.
When I came back to the lot I had 3 exemplars of the same Sim in the lot. Used Insimenator to clean up visitors and couldn't because I had moved one of them in the family and the others were only ghosts. They were even telling jokes to each other.
Used move_objects ON and deleted the excess and the game went on normally. ***
This game is starting to be REALLY FUN!
Banned
#16 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 10:03 AM
Thnkz a lot...take care always....c yah...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 10:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Please let me know if any trouble pops up. As I said, it hasn't been done before so maybe that means something...then again maybe everybody has just been busy. All the same, I'm glad it's working out so far.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 3:33 PM
Thanks it's great, now what i would like is to have the add to invetory (a.k.a. steal) option added to most object while downtown
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rodolfo
Thanks it's great, now what i would like is to have the add to invetory (a.k.a. steal) option added to most object while downtown

Doing that would unfortunately require that almost every single object be rehacked. And there's a lot of objects. It's a thought though and maybe some of the objects in OFB will be given the add to inventory if I'm bought status. Who knows...

But for now, the reason I made this hack, was that so you could put items in your inventory or rather get them out of your inventory and use them downtown. I have no idea - has anybody tried using this hack to pull out a bed from their inventory and set up camp downtown lol?
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
It won't work for the dorms - it just makes it possible when you go downtown or to a community lot. I guess for the dorms you can use that cheat - I'll have to look it up in the strategy guide.

Oh and guys; remember to remove this when OFB comes out.

Well... I mean that the DormTools cheat if entered when in town makes buy mode enabled...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 2:47 PM
Tested worked great!
Thansk for the reply cathair2005 i'll also like to see what new suprises the new EP brings along!
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 6:36 PM
This is surely one of the most needed mods that I have come across in a long time. I have always hated the limitation of the game. Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

:gnight:Absynth..
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 10:30 AM
COOOOOL! :banana:

This message is sponsored by DIET COKE. Drink up!!!
Air Guitar: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97977

If you like my creation(s) please use the thanks button and if you want to post a comment!
Theorist
#24 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:26 AM
Thanks so much for this!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 2:10 PM
Default Awesome!
This is great and something I needed! For instance, just built a concert hall, raised a floor indoors for stage, put on pianos. Then, went to the lot only to find the pianos were too close: sims couldnt access them! Downloading and testing now w00t!
Page 1 of 3