Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The DownShift

by Fat D Posted 1st Mar 2006 at 2:42 PM - Updated 9th Feb 2008 at 1:39 PM by Fat D : New version

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:04 PM
Very helpful FatD! Once again another great object from you! Definately earns a thanks and 5 stars.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:49 PM
Brilliant idea and quick off the mark!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:37 PM
Amazing job! It's incredible that you made this problem-solver so quickly, before many of us even have Open for Business! Thank you.

Julie =)

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." - 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:48 PM
Even I don't
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 1:15 AM
Now thats what I call service =) Looking forward to fixing a problem I didn't even know I would have thank you Fat D this is great work!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 6:35 AM
Oh you are so intelegent, at least we get to see OGB problems before we get it here. Thanks for creating the solution and sharing it with all of us.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 11:48 AM
Incredible problem solving! Thank you for fixing it so quickly ... can't wait to get a chance to test it out.
Theorist
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 6:58 PM
Amazing job! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 3:01 PM
That problem is very annoying to me. You did a great job! Thank you!

*Happy simming*
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 3:53 AM
This is great! Nice work
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 6:18 AM
I don't have OFB yet (tomorrow!!!) and had never heard of this problem until now. Truly an example of "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Thank you!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 12:55 PM Last edited by riotmaker : 5th Mar 2006 at 11:36 PM.
I've OFB and know the problem its really annoying, im gunna test now if it works thnx in advance :-)

Edit:

Ok i've worked out what caused it it was a glitch with a cheat :sorry:
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 1:30 PM
the problem is annoying, thank you for fixing it FatD. ***** and a big thank you
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 8:08 AM
Wow Simply Wow,It Is Agasint The Law Not To Download This!

I'm You And You And You And You
I'm Everyone
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 9:03 PM
This is definitely a problem I've run into with the split-level foundations, and putting things on top of them. Gracias!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 10:23 PM
Thank you! I wonder if you could do one that also raises things by four clicks? Because when you put a kitchen on a split-level foundation, the upper cabinetsgo off the floor height of the regular floor, not the split-level floor. So the cabinets are too low. Could you help us with a fix for that?

Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 6:48 AM
I also wonder about the problem with the wall hangings upon a split level foundation....

would it also be possible to build walls on that new foundation that came with ofb ?

I have a basement with that ofb foundation and cannot put doors onto the walls because the are placed at the ground and not at the height of the foundation...but I could build the rooms different...thats not the main problem....the bigger problem is to place wall hangings on the foundation....like its mentioned above in the post....
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 6:25 AM
According to Maxis Information, the new patch fixes the ceiling lamp issue, so my object is only there for other purposes like burying objects.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 6:48 PM
This is the most versatile decorating tool I have ever found. I love it! Here are two small examples of how I have used it:

In this garden room, notice the pictures behind the chair. One is at normal height, the other has been downshifted. Same with the plants on the wall... some are normal and some are downshifted. Gives you so many more realistic options. The archway to the left is all Maxis. Move_objects on has been used to put two additional columns over the arch -- one downshifted and one normal.

Here is another example.

Notice the curtains at the left -- they have been downshifted to give a charming cafe curtain look. The pictures over the windows have been downshifted, giving them a wonderful new look.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 9:12 PM
nice ideas, I believe you will like my upshift when i get some time to do it.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 9:33 PM
I'll be looking forward to it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 3:22 PM
Fat D, this is just a marvellous 'tool'! Bonnie gave me the right ideas. Always wanted to create a spanish courtyard with flowerpots on the walls everywhere, now I can make it!
Thank you for sharing your talent.

Lin
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 8:36 AM
i dont seem to have the problem, but its really useful when you have an idea that needs stuff low!

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 9:19 PM
Default can't find it !
Sorry, but i can't find it I only use University and look every items in tile options and it doesn't appear.....
Any solution ?
Page 1 of 2