Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 8:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Can't enter community lot
Hi, has anyone else had this problem? I have just installed OFB and I can't enter into any of my community lots (residential are fine). I ran all recommended checks etc before installing and again after, but no luck! Any ideas..please?

Many thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 10:29 AM
i got ofb yesterday and i cant go to set up a shop or go clubbing i can't drive and taxi's come then the error box come up and saids theis car is a error if you know of cheat to stop it let me now on my email is [email protected] and thanks
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 1:12 PM
i got ofb yesterday and first time i played i accidently disabled custom objects. my game was running fine but without my hundreds of downloads i realised what id done then went back to my game and enabled custom objects but now i cant enter community lots either! it must be the custom objects messing up the games i dont know how to fix it but u should try disable custom objects

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR GOVERNMENTS. GOVERNMENTS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE

Jonsey666
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 4:15 PM
I'm having the same problem, I cannot enter any community or empty residential lots without the game crashing. I've even checked the hacks with the Sims2PackClean installer, nothing that can cause harm to the game is in that folder.

-Vlad

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 4:23 PM
im having trouble getting into my res lots, as soon as i enable my downloads, its pi$$ing me off now, i spent 3 1/2 hours last night trying to install the damn thing, i've spent all day trying to sort it out, why am i bothering?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 8:36 PM
Well....after hours of trying to figure this one out (and I mean hours!!) I found a way to solve this (well for me anyway). I move my favourite residential lots and sims to the house bin and set up a new neighbourhood, so I have spent hours building a replica neighbour to my favourite one and all seems to be working fine. The only drag was having to build new community lots, but with all the new items etc., its not been that much of a pain! I also reduced the game/graphic configurations too on the menu and this helped too as it was running slow.
I know its not an instant solution, but if anyone can still answer my original question, that would be great as it seems to be a common problem!
Many thanks
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 10:16 PM
the only way i can think of is painful but is the same as anyone else having any problems with any EP, gameplay or whatever really
remove the downloads folder to the desktop
see if you can enter lots ok without it
for hacks....check with the relative creators about what works and what doesn't and update as necessary, or availability, and only use stuff they say is compatable
if you aren't sure either test each one individually yourself or leave it out of the game

for custom content...ensure you have the relevant meshes and recolours and the current CEP installed
enable custom content and exit the game. then reload the game to activate the content
test the lots...if there is a problem remove d/load folder and batch test the items till you find the culprits
leave out custom careers till you have checked for compatability
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 10:57 AM
I bought OFB yesterday and had no problem with the installation. All mij custom object went blue but after restarting it, it just work fine. But now none of my sims can enter a community lot. Not by car or taxi. The taxi keep on driving and returing back .