Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 9:51 PM Last edited by runawaylover83 : 5th Mar 2006 at 10:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default no Live mode panel no keyboard commands
it worked in the game before but now it diapered where is it? and the keyboard command dont work at all cant get the cheatscreen to open ... only thing that works is the mouse HELP!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 10:43 PM
It's a Maxis Bug. There is no workaround. Just wait for a patch of an official word from Maxis.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 12:06 AM
I am having the same problem, now that is a BIG thing there.. I bought a game which I won't be able to use just because THEY didn't fix it well enough... ugh, guess I will have to email them.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. I wanna help him to gain world
(")_(") domination! Copy and paste him into your signature to help him too!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 6:27 AM
I jsut realized I have the same problem. My game worked fine on the first run after the OfB install and after I closed out and rebooted the game up NOTHING is working well. My CAS screan is stuck and I can't make custom sims (made a thread about that, so far no help) and now I can't do anything with my sims on lot. Lovely. Where do we complain about this? I'm so frustrated I can't figure out who to report it to.

leave it to maxis to release a game thats not ready to be released.

Turtle Turtle!
Space Pony
#5 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 2:11 PM
And according to the info in this CD case of OFB, the next expansion is due out in April of 2006 (Family Fun?)

I have no live mode either.

It makes me hate the thought of buying each new expansion. I have to go through too much. Moving files back and forth..........
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierradane
And according to the info in this CD case of OFB, the next expansion is due out in April of 2006 (Family Fun?)

I have no live mode either.

It makes me hate the thought of buying each new expansion. I have to go through too much. Moving files back and forth..........

The family funpack is NOT an Expension pack. It's the same thing as the holiday pack. A few clothes, items and that's it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 10:52 PM
Do any of you have any custom content, or are you using lots/ families from before Open For Business?
Space Pony
#8 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:25 PM
I doubt if there is any person who has access to the internet that does not have any custom content or downloads. I've tried the "disable custom content" option, and I still have no LIVE MODE and the Sims dying after finally getting the live mode show up after about 5 minutes.

I have removed the files with all the custom content and give that shot.

I just can't understand why with Sims 1, there was no problem with having custom content with each new expansion like there is with Sims 2.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:46 PM
I had the same problem when i was testing my hacks. For me, the Teen whohoo hack caused it.

Yrabel