Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dresser change into\plan outfit enabled on com lots

by Irishman3 Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 6:53 PM - Updated 6th May 2008 at 6:19 PM by Irishman3 : Added files for Bon Voyage

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#2 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:02 PM
Nice hack for "fabulous" OFB!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:22 PM
Testing now......Thks!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 7:31 PM
thank you... will test this with Echo's bed hack when I build my Kingston Hotel.

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 8:31 PM
Wonderful! I'm very happy to see this made already. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missangelica
Wonderful! I'm very happy to see this made already. :D

Yeah, I couldn't wait anymore myself. One of the last building sprees I went on was 2 hotels and a BnB, which I was using heavily to extend my controlled sims stays to downtown/community areas of my base neighborhood. I was hugely dissapointed that the beds and dresser interactions had been disabled, in fact I unistalled OFB due to those two items beiing disabled. When I downloaded, tested and looked into Echo's mod it confirmed my belief there was no logical reason to disable these interactions. So I cracked open the OFB objects.package file with SimPE last night and tracked down the bhav's needed to do this one. Simple little change with no adverse affects I can see yet.

But if anyone has any issues please do report them and I'll see what I can do to fix them. And thanks all for the replies so far all, I'm looking forward to your input.

BTW, if anyone wants to re-distribute this file or include the modified bhavs in this file in any other mod (like for a combined hotel or reenabling mod) feel free to. A little credit would be nice, but it really wasn't rocket sience. Of course uploading the file to a pay site is prohibited unless its made available as a free download there.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:54 AM
Thank you very much; it ticked me off when my sims could change clothes on a community lot with the other EPs, but not with OFB... I wonder why that was changed?

Anyway, thanks again! :D

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:40 AM
You know one would think being a "business" EP that the use of beds and dressers would be a given from the git-go just in case somebody got the crazy idea to put a hotel/motel in their game! Thank's to all you wonderful modders out there it's possible now! If it wasn't for the awesome mods that you come up with, I would've given up on this game along time ago. Thanks so much Irishman3! I think I might just go build a hotel/motel now! Thank-you again!
(Dunner1 cute avatar!) How'd you get that precious little kitty to make that face! It is so adorable!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:56 AM
Thank you so ever much for this hack, I to was very disapointed about OFB. You are great for sharing this with us.
Instructor
#10 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:05 PM
Thankyou for yet another much needed mod.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:51 PM
thankyou! I was annoyed that the planoutfit didn't work on community lots. THANKS!
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 10:01 PM
I DL'ed this the other day and so far it is working perfectly. Just thought you would like to know Thanks so much for making this mod & for sharing it with us!

·¤·Kèñ·¤·
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 7:47 PM
I've tried it and it works well! :-) thanks. Now I need to find solutions for my other business problems... (read - user failure lol)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:12 PM
HI, This works fine. I have all the EP's and this helped with a wedding lot I was working on for OFB.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 12:56 AM
Wow, I didn't realize all these interactions were canceled for visiting Sims until I updated InSimenator . . . :^( What the heck? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me, esp. in a BUSINESS EP . . . can't make hotels, etc. . . . I always make my visitors selectable, and don't like the fact that they can't do certain object interactions.

I noticed that the mirror interactions are missing as well. Any chance there's a mod for this in the works?

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 6:50 PM
After running a check of my hacks with Dizzy's GUID and Mod Checking Tool I found a small conflict:

Quote:
File: im_community_changeplanoutfit.package, conflicts:
Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 2008 in file OFB_ServoChangeAppearancePack.package

File: OFB_ServoChangeAppearancePack.package, conflicts:
Type = 42484156, Group = 7FE10572, Instance = 2008 in file im_community_changeplanoutfit.package

From what I can tell, this hack enables the "change into" and "plan outfit" options for sims on comm lots. If you have this hack and Squinge's hack, which enables changing Servos appearance, they will conflict, most likely their hack disabling part of the features of this hack.

I only glanced at the hacks in SimPE, but I think Irishman3 only made one change in the first line, making both returns go from line 0 to line 1.

I am making a similar post in Squinge's thread that way everyone who uses either hacks will know of the potential conflict and how fix it if they want.

Ste
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 11:22 PM Last edited by Irishman3 : 21st Mar 2006 at 11:59 PM.
Thanks for the heads up syberspunk, my hunch is the other mod probably modifies the same two behav files I did therefore has the same GUID. I didn't bother giving it a unique GUID because my understanding was to override the default behavior you needed to retain the original used by the game.

I'll add a note to the top post here warning people. And if I can use a unique GUID and get away with I'll definitely do so.

*edit*
And yes, all this mod really does is allow the test for change into/plan wardrobe to continue after calling a simi-global in its first step checking if its a community lot or not. Its an easy one line change that could be made to Squinge's mod by anyone with SimPE (and with their permission of course). But if you do so, remove mine, it probably wouldn't hurt being there but I'm sure the game doesn't need a bunch of duplicate GUIDs getting loaded
*/edit*
Systemic Anomaly
#18 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 5:38 AM
Please also note that this mod conflicts with the upcoming InTeenimater OFB.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 6:02 AM
Is there any chance that both hacks are compatible? I miss the selectable interaction from previous versions... The selectable option is indeed there, but many interactions are disabled... Is there any hack which enables ALL interactions?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fuz0r
Is there any chance that both hacks are compatible? I miss the selectable interaction from previous versions... The selectable option is indeed there, but many interactions are disabled... Is there any hack which enables ALL interactions?

fuz0r, I'm a bit confused on what exactly your asking. Are you asking if there is a version of this mod thats compatable with Jase's InTeenimator? If so, the answer is no as I assume Jase's mod changed the same to BHAV functions this one did and probably beyond what I modified (it was a very simple one line change to bypass the community lot check). I'm not sure what Jase's mod changes, or if the change I made to the the BHAVs in this file could be made to his without affecting the InTeen version or not. I'll try to contact Jase and ask about about it but its unlikely I'll make and post a different version specifically for that reason.

If thats not what you meant, please elaborate.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 12:48 AM
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, I meant that also, and I asked if is there any mod which enables all disabled interactions, because even with selectable caracthers, there are many interactions disabled to visitors on residential lots, like sleeping, talking on the phone and many others.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fuz0r
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, I meant that also, and I asked if is there any mod which enables all disabled interactions, because even with selectable caracthers, there are many interactions disabled to visitors on residential lots, like sleeping, talking on the phone and many others.

Ok, now I undestand. As far as I'm aware there is no all-in-one mod for enabling the interactions disabled on community lots (either disabled in general or with OFB). However there are a few (such as this one) that enable individual things. Haven't seen a phone mod yet but that doesn't mean ones not out there. There are several sleep enabling mods out that I know of, one is linked in my post at the top but I'll post it in here too: OFB Sleep on Community Lots by Echo.

Thats the one I personally use as its got some adjustments that allow for autonomous use by non-controlable sims. DJS Sims has one too, http://www.djssims.com, and that one enables the sleep interaction on couches and lounge chairs as I understand. I think Squinge has one posted here at MTS2 as well.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 10:26 PM
THANK YOU! One of my biggest complaints about OFB was just this, that they took away the change clothing option on community lots... and the sleep option...

Thank you for giving us the option of putting it back on our lots...

Now if only someone could come up with a way to schedule employees on shifts and breaks...that's the real world ;o) or would that just make things to easy ;o)

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Sep 2006 at 4:15 AM
After getting quite a few requests, I've updated this to include an InTeenimator compatable version. Make sure you grab the right file based on presence (or lack there of) of The InTeenimator mod.

Thanks, and sorry for the delay to those that asked. Life has had 'other' plans for me lately.

Regards
Systemic Anomaly
#25 Old 9th Oct 2006 at 1:17 AM
Thanks, Irishman. I'll be sure to let others know.
Page 1 of 2