Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animated and operatable forcefield (as seen on Star Trek)

by xanathon Posted 8th Mar 2006 at 6:19 PM - Updated 29th Jan 2009 at 2:55 PM by -Maylin-

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:23 PM
thanks! :D

Four Corners of the World - http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/?mforum=fourwinds :)
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:37 PM
Nice effect!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 6:54 PM
Oh my this is so wonderful. Thanks so much this is going to be fun now creating a scene for it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:06 PM
Oh I love you for this. I can't wait to put this in my Sci-Fi neighborhood.
Inventor
#6 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:28 PM
lol! Very nice! Wounderful idea! Thank you for sharing! :oD
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:44 PM
Ooohhoooo! Me likey!!
Thank ya muchly!

Always,
Emma :moose:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 7:56 PM
Update! New version, two wallparts wide, look in the first post for details.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:14 PM
That is SWEET. XD

What would be cool... is if, in addition to blocking the sim's path, they also get a bit of a shock if they touch it. Muahahahaa... XD
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:26 PM
very very cool!

Thanx so much for sharing all of your amazing creations with us, and I for one am very happy that your hiatus is over!

~ Syn
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:44 PM
its cool O_o lol
can burglars walk trought it even if its activated?

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 8:53 PM
i know ur here, morbid! its gr8, btw
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SkylaDoragono
That is SWEET. XD

What would be cool... is if, in addition to blocking the sim's path, they also get a bit of a shock if they touch it. Muahahahaa... XD

hehe Oh the deliciously evil possibilities!!! :hover:

It is imperative that we be given preference over these mendicants...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:41 PM
A great piece of work, as usual. I can't recall ever NOT downloading something you've made when I find it. Hats off to you, Xanathon!

*Edit: I forgot to ask, when it's deactivated, how do we access the pie menu? Is there a visible button or will the menu automatically show up when we mouse over the space it's installed into?

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#15 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:45 PM
very interesting

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xylune
*Edit: I forgot to ask, when it's deactivated, how do we access the pie menu? Is there a visible button or will the menu automatically show up when we mouse over the space it's installed into?

Even if it's invisible, it has a bounding box and you will have access to the field the usual way when the mouse is over it.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#17 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:18 PM
Any chance you can do another version of this object by linking the forcefield to the control panel you just made? You could make a version based on an archway so that it can be placed in a wall and then activated/turned on/off via the control panel. In looking at the doors etc for ofb you will notice the new lock features. integrating this all in this way will make it quite a bit smoother. Just some input suggestions, i really like this object/idea you made.

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 10:20 PM
this is waaay cool ... and when it's actually operable? ... no more wandering Sims all over my house! :banana: ... Hurrah! ... as always, an awesome job! ... thank you, thank you, thank you!
Instructor
#19 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 11:07 PM
This is freaking SWEET!! You did a wonderfully wicked job on the force field here. This gives me lots of ideas, the first of which involves making a door appear to be there, whereas in reality my Sim will walk into the garage, and then, well, the cowplant will be waiting for the stats to go down, then MUNCH!!

This is an amazing creation, and its going to please a lot of people on the site. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing it with us.

-deviantinvader

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 12:52 AM
Wow, I like it. The perfect thing to keep those pesky neighbor Borg at bay.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 1:16 AM
Oh, this is JUST awesome!!!

More, please...

:valentine

MY FAVORITE FREEBIES:
The Sims 1 and 2 Downloads, Desktop Themes and More!!!
* CLICK HERE *
Scholar
#22 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 3:41 AM
COOL! ^.^ *Download quickly*

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 2:39 PM
Thank you! yor Sci-Fi items are always welcome!
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 11:01 PM
Awesome!!! one of the most usefull downloads i have gotten so far!!!!!It has a great animation. For that i salute u :salute:

come to my site
nateinsuwan.tripod.com

funny penguin
_ _ ___ __ _ _
\ \/ / | --] | | | \ \/ /
/ /\ \ |_--] ||_| / /\ \ 360
is Awesome
Say-------"I am sofa king retarded"----ten times fast
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 11:15 AM
This is awesome with a capital 'A' --- thanks for making and sharing it! :D

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Page 1 of 2