Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cleft Lip (lipstick) works for all ages/genders

by phoenixrainbow Posted 10th Mar 2006 at 1:23 AM

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 4:20 AM
Something tells me knightguy82 doesn't know what a cleft lip is. xP

Good idea for adding some variation to the game.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 4:23 AM
Hey, this looks great. I like the idea, and I'm sure others will use it for more realism in their stories. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 4:51 AM
Looks so realistic I find. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 4:59 AM
How creative! Thank you for sharing.

jessica
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 5:18 AM
i love it
having a brother who was born with a cleft lip who loves playing the Sims I think this is an excellent addition to his game. I know when he sees it that he will love it . it may not be a perfectly accurate depiction but it is beautifully created. I to say thank you to people like phoenixrainbow who creates these depictions of real life instead of just a picture perfect fantasy world.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 5:19 AM
You've done a great job! It looks so realistic.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 5:44 AM
Default Hmmm....
I am not sure what to say. It is kind mean, but then again it is life.
Good job with the effects they are perfect.(yes I know what it is I am a nurse).
Banned - Duplicate account
#9 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 6:38 AM
Very nicely done. Cool.

Since you make cleft lips so well, is there a possible way that you could make cleft chins?
Good job! keep creating.
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad Reputation
Very nicely done. Cool.

Since you make cleft lips so well, is there a possible way that you could make cleft chins?
Good job! keep creating.

Wow, looks real, phoenixrainbow. I never hear about cleft chins before. Do people really born with cleft chins?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 8:46 AM
I think that it looks absolutely great. Don't mind the people here that have negative things to say about this. It's a fact of life for some people, and I don't think you meant it to be mean or to make fun.

Great Job!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 11:04 AM
nice realism, kinda makes me sad though....reminds me of a kid that got picked on in elementary school.

visit http://artemistha.moonfruit.com for more great skins!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 11:06 AM
Very realistic... good job! I wonder how a cleft chick looks like...

Onlly Illusion brings disillusion
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morbidjunkie9
nice realism, kinda makes me sad though....reminds me of a kid that got picked on in elementary school.
There are ways that Doctors can fix that by taking extra skin from some where else. xD
But yeah I yeah what you mean...After seeing this post I looked up hare lip and it shows some pic of cats with it so I clicked on it. I almost I wish I didn't it showed doffrent deformed real cats, like no eyes, 2 head, ect. It was so sad b/c most of then were tiny kittens who shorty deied after brith. ( but the ones with no eye lived)

phoenixrainbow:Any way I really like it, it looks real thank you !
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 12:50 PM
Ping: cleft lips are repaired with skin that is already on your lips not from skin taken from somewhere else.

Ifyou want to learn more about cleft lips go to www.operationsmile.org.
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 2:05 PM
My oldest son was born with a cleft lip and when I first saw this I almost broke out crying. It's a very hard thing for me to remember because of the so many surgeries he had to endure to repair his lip. He's 7 years old now and you can barely tell he was ever born that way.

I don't think it creates as much reality as some people are saying only because by the age of teen or adulthood, the lip is usually repaired. I like the realism of it even though I will never download or use it, but I think it is a little harsh and crude in it's making. The dark red makes it look too much like a wound rather than a cleft lip. I don't mean to be rude or ungrateful, but I guess it just hits too close to home. Thanks for your work and I'm sure many will appreciate it.

(*^-) ~*~SMILE~*~ (-^*)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 4:18 PM
It's a decent job,but you might want to revise it so it doesn't look like a bloody nose.I've seen several people with cleft lips and none of them looked like that.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 5:24 PM
OMG! My litle bro has this problem! thank u!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 7:02 PM
My neighbors and good friends of the family had a son with cleft lip. He had to go through so many surgeries to get it fixed, and even now that he's about 7 or 8 you can still tell, bot in a little scarring around his mouth and the way he speaks. This looks horrible, and I would never download it myself, but I agree that The Sims doesn't have to be just this picture-perfect utopia full of gorgeous people who look like they've just stepped off a movie set. To that end I've seen creators making braces, scars, wheelchairs, and now this. I just want to say to keep up the good work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 7:29 PM
I apologise to those of you who my creation has offended. It was not my intention to offend, but to bring a more realistic variation to the game. I'm not the greatest artist in the world, and I'm sorry many of you feel that my rendition of this creation is scewed in some way, but it's the best that I could do. If you feel you could do a better job, I would like to encourage you to do so.

As for the rest of you, thank you for your kind comments, etc.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 7:53 PM
When i saw this i nearly cried myself, my son who is only four months was born with a cleft lip and palate and i think you did a great job and am not offended in any way, in fact a think its kind of nice, and it adds some realism to the game.

Thank you.

you dont have to be perfect to be beautiful
Scholar
#22 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 8:16 PM
Woah, this is interesting, in a good sort of way. Thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 11:01 PM
I think it looks good, and is a good thing to have in-game as its very unique content

I have a cousin who was born with a cleft lip which was one of the worst ones the hospital had seen, but he is 6 now and you cant tell at all, except his nose collapsed a little after his sugery 3 years ago

**Prepare for Air! Assume the position!**
My name's Cookie, pleased to meet ya! xx
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by belleau
Ping: cleft lips are repaired with skin that is already on your lips not from skin taken from somewhere else.

Ifyou want to learn more about cleft lips go to www.operationsmile.org.
mmm...I did not know that xD Thank you for your nugget of wisdom
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
Wow, looks real, phoenixrainbow. I never hear about cleft chins before. Do people really born with cleft chins?

Means a butt chin.

<3 Amanda
Page 1 of 2