Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Instruments Hack V4.2 - UPD 27 DEC 2008

by atavera Posted 10th Mar 2006 at 1:23 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2023 at 6:13 PM by HugeLunatic

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:53 PM
Awesome
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 10:51 AM
I remember that you managed to make these briliant guitars known as minarik, but I looked on mod the sims 2 when I lost the files and it said you had deleted them. Why? they were really good, is there anywhere where they haven't been deleted? I know you retired from modding though, it's a pity, you were really good

I'm me, and I'm not changing
Get More of my stuff on Lilac Sims 2
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:40 PM
As said, Atavera is no longer available; befor going away, he removed all his creations, but there's a project to repost (with his permission) any object, instrument and hack we can recollect.

I will do that as soon as I can find the time; but I don't remember to have the guitar you mention...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:31 PM Last edited by DocFX : 5th Apr 2007 at 1:20 PM. Reason: ...To say thanks for the latest update!.
Thanks for the latest update!.
Thanks!, nice to see it's "Pets" compatible too!...

Cheers for the recent update too!. :D

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:02 AM
Yeah. I would really like the Stratocaster to come back, though.

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 5:36 PM
There's a Fender Stratocaster in the Atavera's Repository

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:51 PM
Does anyone know if this is Seasons compatible?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:10 PM
As far as I know, Seasons didn't change anything about musical instruments. But any reports from users will be welcome.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 10:54 PM
Atavera's guitars seem fine with Seasons from what I've seen . However ..... I don't think the new ' axe ' that is a Career Reward ( I think ) is compatable with Atavera's controller . So I think you're basically left with a choice of playing all the guitars prior to Seasons and not bothering with the new reward one . Or get rid of all Atavera's musical stuff and you can play the new reward guitar . In other words it's a no brainer unless the new career one is fixed . Forget about that one and use all of Atavera's because they're far superior :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bruce Banner
...unless the new career one is fixed.

This is a good idea. BTW, I'm convinced that the new career guitar is not designed to be played in musical bands at all: the original Maxis band controller just searched for the original instruments (guitar, piano, drums), identifying them by their GUID; unless Maxis, with Seasons, hasn't changed the original band controller (I still couldn't check this), that controller would just ignore the new guitar, just like it ignored all the custom guitars.

Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:58 PM
The Music Career reward guitar did not work for me while I had this custom instrument hack in game. Once I removed it, the guitar worked fine.

Sad day =(
The ModFather
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 1:25 AM
I've posted the Fix for Rock Hammer guitar (Seasons career reward) to make it compatible with Atavera's Custom Instruments Hack. Download the fix HERE.

Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 10:47 AM
this keyboard http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=54639 requires atavera´s
band controller V3 to work but isn´t compatible with Custom Instruments Hack V4.0. So does that mean that I can´t download it, or can I download band controller V3 somewhere?

World is ready for apocalypse, but it´s not ready for me

Cool forum, come to join
http://chickeessims.proboards57.com/index.cgi
The ModFather
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 1:47 PM
The old "band controller v.3" doesn't exist anymore; and even if you can find an old copy of it, it would be incompatible with the current v.4 and all the related instruments.

Before retiring, Atavera updated all his numerous custom instruments to v.4: the creator of that keyboard should be the same, recreating the package using the custom instrument tutorial.

EDIT: Oh! That keyboard was created by JWoods - I'll try and fix it myself, then
Keep an eye on JWoods' thread for updates.

The ModFather
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 4:25 PM
OK! JWoods' keyboard has been updated to v4

Get it HERE.

Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 7:02 PM
Alright, thanks. That old piano just didn´t fit to my band

World is ready for apocalypse, but it´s not ready for me

Cool forum, come to join
http://chickeessims.proboards57.com/index.cgi
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 9:06 PM
do you think anybody could update the atavera files for instruments as .zip files-they extract auto and dont need software, like .rar files... i dont have any .rar software, and dont want any because the last few times ive tried with differant software my pcs gone to pieces. id really like to see .zip versions of the files, as i think its a cool hack and i wanna see it in my game!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th May 2007 at 10:42 PM
Thanks, I've been wondering why my instruments would'nt play!
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 3:39 PM
I just wanted to thank atavera and Numenor for this hack and the tutorial that goes with it. Because of these I got my guitar creation up and running, so thank you both!!!!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 10:02 PM
For some of us, this mod crashes the game with your mod for no instrument visuals.
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:05 PM Last edited by SandTiger : 20th Sep 2007 at 1:50 PM.
Theese are the errors i'm getting with this

Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 6:25 PM
I can't get my SIms to put the guitar down when I need them to do something else. It sticks to them. Hack conflict?
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 11:31 PM
I posted this on the Gibson Explorer comments, but I wasn't sure if it was the Explorer or the hack. Anyways, I downloaded the hack and the Explorer, and I went in the game and didn't see it. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Explorer or the hack. Any help would be appreciated.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 9:02 AM
To all Bon Voyage users - This is a complex hack and I didn't create it myself; and therefore I still could't test it in Bon Voyage. Nevertheless, I know for sure that the game code regarding the musical instruments has been widely changed in Bon Voyage, and I fear these changes might have broken Atavera's Custom Instruments hack, and/or the various custom instruments.
In brief, this hack is likely to NOT work if you have Bon Voyage installed.
I'll try and check the code of Atavera's hack and compare it with the new code from BV as soon as possibile.

LeSim - I read from your other post that you have "The Sims2 Limited" (= Deluxe + BonVoyage); I don't know how this game version works: you say that you didn't install BV but nevertheless the installer might have updated the code for the musical instruments; so, this might be the reason for your problems, too.
Please tell me if you are missing only the Explorer or also some instruments created by Atavera in person.

Page 1 of 4