Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Janna's Lost Maxis Hair Red Recolor Set

by silvertreedrake Posted 10th Mar 2006 at 10:51 PM - Updated 8th Jun 2006 at 3:55 AM by silvertreedrake : Added Mesh

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 1:19 AM
they are soooo lovely, thanks.

Game tip: inorder to delete an object that can't be deleted even with the ''move_objects on'' cheat like:''plates or homeworks..etc'' put it on a table then delete the table using ''move_objects on''.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 1:20 AM
Amazing! Love them!!! Specially the red one...
Thanks!!! Unfortunally I don't know how to texture like Louis, but if you learn please do it! they'll be great too!!!
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 1:35 AM
OMG! This makes OFB worth having! This on top of all the other awsome stuff makes it awsome! lol! I can't wait to get my sims outta college an on this game! THANK YOU! :oD
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 1:59 AM
Oh my, these colours are delicious!!! :moose:
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueIzumi
OMG! This makes OFB worth having!

I thought this mesh was compatible with all versions of the Sims 2 o.o

Anyway, I love these recolors!!! I wish I knew how to retexture them, sorry.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:16 AM
Can't I just have up to NL and still be able to have that hair style?...I hope so...
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:24 AM Last edited by Hollabackgirl : 11th Mar 2006 at 3:52 AM.
Thanks so much..You know what thou I bet there are a huge number of hairs in the original game.because they took out a big number of them..I wish I knew how to extrate and I would give all to you guys.there might be hidden things In all of those sims 2 games.

Money...Love...Happiness
- Britney
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xCrystalx
I thought this mesh was compatible with all versions of the Sims 2 o.o

Anyway, I love these recolors!!! I wish I knew how to retexture them, sorry.

I don't think you need OFB. The hair came with OFB, but as far as I know, it shouldn't require OFB. It's just hair, after all, and doesn't have any interactions associated with it
Scholar
#10 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:44 AM
Nice job! These look great. Thanks also for the link to the new hair mesh
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 3:25 AM
Good job, Silvertreedrake! I was so excited when I saw this hair that I had to make sure that everyone knew! Thanks for the colors, and here's to hoping many more 'treasures' are uncovered!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 4:55 AM
ooo! love red!
and i most appreciate the linky!
it's an amzing hair mesh!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 4:59 AM
This hair is beautiful and I love the colors. You know, to make hair shiny you can use the Brightness/Contrast in PhotoShop if you move the meter around just right the effects could be totally awesome. ^_^
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 5:48 AM
Wonderful textures! But it would be very very great if somone make them in right color bins
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 6:26 AM
Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 6:35 AM
Awesome recolours! Can't wait to try it in my game!
Thank you!

Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know. Sometimes our visions clear only after our eyes are washed away with tears...
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 8:40 AM
Nice job!

All I even wanted,
All I even needed,
Is here, in my arm...
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 9:08 AM
wondering why maxis keep hiding such a nice stuff
its a preetty hair.thanx!
Instructor
#19 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 9:12 AM
It's awesome,thanks so much!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kariga
Wonderful textures! But it would be very very great if somone make them in right color bins

I know, I like hair in the right color bins, too. But you may have noticed that these are all red.
Supreme Social Simmer
#21 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 5:55 PM
Well, technicly they are heighlighted in red, not actually full red, so they could go in the proper bins. And yes I like the red hair too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kwillag
Well, technicly they are heighlighted in red, not actually full red, so they could go in the proper bins. And yes I like the red hair too.

No, they're red all the way through! I started with the original red, and went from there. They're not intended to be brown, black, etc. Perhaps I am simply inept, or the pictures don't show it, but they are, indeed, supposed to be four different shades of red. If you want blonde, brown and black, go get it at the SimsConnection.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silvertreedrake
No, they're red all the way through! I started with the original red, and went from there. They're not intended to be brown, black, etc. Perhaps I am simply inept, or the pictures don't show it, but they are, indeed, supposed to be four different shades of red. If you want blonde, brown and black, go get it at the SimsConnection.

I think alot of people forget the many variety's that "red" hair comes in naturally. I think you did a great job capturing them, esspecially in game the colors show thier "red roots" so to speak.

Umm Hi... Bored and looking for a fun place to hang out online? Try Becka's COOKIE FEST!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 11:56 PM
I can't install this. After downloading, it thinks of it as a bodyshop file. But I can only install Sims2Pack files. Therefore, I can't install the mesh, the colors, or these recolors. Any help would be appreciated. Please PM me with any help. Thank you.

Garou
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 3:28 AM
These are gorgeous recolours, great job!
Page 1 of 3