Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 7:30 AM
Default Tutorial: How to change the Loading Screen Background! (No SimPE required)
As I can't post tutes in the tutorial place I'll just put this one here...

Today I'm going to try and teach you how to change the Loading Screen Background or the blueness that my Sims are standing on in this pic.

1. Firstly open up My Computer and go My Documents=>EA GAMES=>The Sims 2=>Storytelling (If you have an EP this is just the normal storytelling NOT the seperate ones for each Neighbourhood. Now find the image called CAS_auto_bg.

2. As with all things that Maxis didn't think we'd edit you should backup the file, copy it and paste it somewhere.

3. Now open the file and colour. However don't go for something strong like this:
That'll just make the background TOO strong and it'll put less emphasis on your Sims.

4. Try a pastel shade, if you want to do it quickly find the Gradient tool if you have photoshop (I'm using Photoshop Elements but you can access the
Gradient Tool on any Photoshop by right-clicking the paintbucket tool)

5:
Ahh... that's better. All though it's flashy and fancy the colours aren't bright.

6.Save the image, open up TS2 and create a new family, they should be standing on your new background.

Note: I haven't tried animated backgrounds so I don't know if they work. The image is originally saved as a JPEG so I don' t know if it'll work if you save it as a GIF.

What use is this tutorial if it only edits the loading screen?
When you create a new family you get an image.. now you're Sims will be standing on a fancy one instead of a boring one..

Yay I'm back~!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 7:41 AM
Thank you, titi, I moved your post to the tutorial section .
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 11:59 PM
could you show a picture of what the sims look like on your background?

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by that1chica
could you show a picture of what the sims look like on your background?

u can show a pic of what ur sims look like by takin a snpsht of em. the backround cant change for each time u make a new family, though, unless you keep changin it
:cylon:
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 4:35 PM Last edited by i like cheesey oranges : 13th Sep 2007 at 1:46 PM.
can i change my background to an animated gif? if i change the background to a gif and not a jpg, will it still work? can i use a tge, bmp, png, gif, jfif, tif, or pdn instead of a jpg? i need answers!

:edit:
tga, not tge
sry
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 11:50 PM
i like cheesey oranges--did you try the other files? curious.

i suspect that since the original file is a jpg, it needs to be a jpg.

in photoshop, you should be able to take another file and resave in jpg format. i'll try it tonight.--zoë
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 12:35 AM
Default changing backgrounds
hi titi--fantastic tutorial. i'm posting my results
Screenshots
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 12:38 AM
i like cheesey oranges--i tried with the other extensions you listed and had no success (but i could be doing something incorrectly).--zoë
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 9:54 AM
I can't wait to use this - excellent work!
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rickzoe
i like cheesey oranges--i tried with the other extensions you listed and had no success (but i could be doing something incorrectly).--zoë

i didn't think it would work, but we can hope!!!

i like cheesey oranges, dude
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. He's gonna dominate the world
(")_(")and you can't do nothin' 'bout it!!! *Hop Hop*
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 10:35 AM
This is cool. How did you figure this out? I'm going to give it a try and see if it will work for me, if it does, I will try to get a picture of it to post as a positive result. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 5:35 PM
Thanks, it worked, although I have no clue how to put a screen shot in this message. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 6:51 PM
i dont know if it worked i will look tomoro

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Dec 2007 at 8:00 PM
I am trying this out this minute! shall post thanks if it works for me,
I have no idea how to post results so.... LOl
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 5:22 PM
Cheers Mate :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 2:35 PM
It didn't work for me, all I get is when the screenshot of it comes up, it has the background. When the family is loading in-game, there's still the blue screen... Is this meant to happen?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 2:14 AM
Having same problem as Reduphia, although not sure if things change with new ep's. I've Got all up to freetime. But this tute is great either way
#18 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:33 PM
I`m just guessing here, but does this show up only when moving in new CAS family?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:22 AM
XP. This tutorial is so old, like three years now, but anyway, just a teeny bit of support for anybody who looks at this:

It DOES NOT change the loading screen. Only the image that is spawned whenever you create a new family is created. I don't know how you change the loading screen without hacking, XP.

Yay I'm back~!
#20 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:00 PM
I`ve noticed the same thing: It does not change the background behind the family on the first-load screen for a fresh CAS family, but it DOES change the background behind the family on the auto-snapshot that gets installed in the family`s Story Mode editor.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Apr 2009 at 8:20 AM
Yep. That's the truth. It's ALWAYS done that too. Pretty pointless tutorial haha, now that I think about it, but if you like this sort of thing for some reason, it's still up here. I'm surprised it survived the purge .

Yay I'm back~!
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:25 AM
Nice picture!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:36 PM
Ah.... This is great for figuring out! I had never thought! Thank you so much! This is very clever!
Thanks for sharing!

Happy Simming!

~Lila
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:11 PM
Ha ha! This is very funny to mess around with! Look at this one! And you rock for doing this!
But anyway the picture :
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:13 PM
Ha ha! This is very funny to mess around with! Here's one of my pics :
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2