Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carwash

by Bino Maus Posted 14th Mar 2006 at 10:37 PM

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:41 PM
Very cute! I can't wait to see it animated! ;oD
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:45 PM
wll thats the problem, I'm working on it, but I can't promise....

Well Animation-Freaks! Can some one of you help me?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 10:46 PM
Wow pretty cool. 5 stars!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 11:08 PM
good idea!....maybe you can make a multiple stall type....

thnx..

good work Bino...

Builder delux.
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 11:18 PM
Very cool! Thanks
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 11:57 PM
can you get cars in university?
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 12:28 AM
no you can't, cars are for the nightlife expansion

My Signature Sucks...
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thing_bob
no you can't, cars are for the nightlife expansion

However, there is an alternative. You can download these fake cars for decoration: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...&highlight=cars

Nightlife not required! By the way, thanks. Carwahses are quite interesting! 5 stars! :salute:
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:20 AM
I think he meant "owning cars when in the campus" well, I never had a car while my sims were on campus.. so I don't know.... Thanks Bino Maus, very interesting.

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Test Subject
#11 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 4:06 AM
yes you can own cars on campus

Lifes A B**** Then you Marry One Then you Die
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 4:58 AM
Don't actually want a carwash, but do want to acknowledge good work. Well done!!
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 6:45 AM
Hmmmm....

Well I downloaded it earlier and put it in my game. Except I can't find it anywheres. I looked in all the categories in both buy & build mode in both residential and community lots. Doesn't show up. Yes I know it's a Sims2Pack like lots and I double clicked on it and it said it was installed successfully. So I didn't unzip it to my downloads folder like .packages. So could you please tell me how many pieces I'm expected to find and in which category (ie: decorative availabe in residential only and/or community lots only or both) please? Would love to find it, because that's one of the things I'd love to have in my play game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 3:31 PM
@ netseeker2: the package contains 6 Objects, they will be installed in the Download - Section of the Sims 2 on the C-Drive. Use the search-tool and look after carwash.

@ cars: yeah, sorry it was my fault, you need nightlife for the standard cars, thanks Sim Master for your posting!
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 5:30 PM
Hi Bino,

I know where the Sims2Pack files install to. That's not my question. My question was where do I find them in game? Which section of the catalog?

And since it's a Sims2Pack how is it going to install as carwash filename anything? Wouldn't it install as a hash number filename? I looked in my downloads directory and there is nothing there called "carwash", but then I wasn't expecting anything of that name to be there since it's a Sims2Pack file, which habitually installs everything with just hash numbers except homecrafter material.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 6:34 PM
ok...

you'll find the objects in the building mode -> columns
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 8:28 PM
I looked there and there's no carwash pieces, what is there is a bunch of items from Brasstex, some of HChangeris stuff, Maxis columns and other round pieces (white) that have been in my game forever (which I don't remember who made them). That's in the single story column section in the multiple story column section there's just columns no other objects. And I've installed that Sims2Pack twice already - figuring the first time it might've gotten corrupted while installing as I know the installer sometimes doesn't install things right. But I find it odd that nothing was installed - not even an ingame object that you might've used to clone it from - as sometimes happens when things don't install properly. There isn't even one piece of the 6 to be found in my game. It's as if it installed nothing.

Would it be possible for you to reupload it, but in .package form please? That way I could maybe get it and unzip it to the downloads myself and then maybe it would show up? Because I have a feeling the Maxis Sims2Pack installer isn't doing a very good job on installing that particular Sims2Pack file - at least not in my case.
Instructor
#18 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 2:24 AM
Okay...

I just tried something for the fun of it, to see if it would show up in the game at all and the easiest way for me to do that was to use my Maxis Only game which has only CEP installed (it's the game I use for recolouring things) and installed it there. In the Teleport file there is 6 hash number files that goes in there, but they don't get moved into the download directory and therefore aren't accessible in the game. I tried it twice in the Maxis Only game too. So that's 4 times I've tried to install it from the Sims2Pack that they're in and they haven't shown up in the catalog any of those times in either of my games (Play game, or the Maxis Only game). Yet everything else that's a Sims2Pack file (like sims, homecrafter material & lots) that I've installed recently all install fine in any of my games (I have 5 different games for various things). So there is definitely something wrong with your Sims2Pack file.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 4:51 AM
This car wash does not show up in my game at all and neither does the Bino Maus I just downloaded, neither one of your objects here show up in my game. Do we need another mesh to go along with the Sims2packi file?? Hope you get it fixed and the other Bino Maus you have here. I also downloaded them from your site and they don't work either. Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 10:16 AM
hmm very intersting,

I will upload the files itself later, so you can put them in the download-folder.

Bino
Instructor
#21 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 4:34 PM
Thank you Bino,

I would appreciate that. Because I really would like to have this in my game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 7:16 PM
Instructor
#23 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 10:59 PM
Thank you soooooo much Bino!

I downloaded the zip above this message and put it in my Maxis Only game and checked and now ALL the pieces indeed do show up in the catalog and work just fine on the lot! Thank you again!
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:00 PM
I was visit your website; www.bino-maus.de.vu, but where is the file after downloading??? In this zip there is no packagefile...
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:05 PM
I could not choose where I want to put it on my computer, it was automaticly downloaded somewhere....
Page 1 of 2