Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheaper Crafting Hack

by anger_management Posted 27th Mar 2006 at 3:02 AM - Updated 27th Mar 2006 at 7:47 PM by anger_management

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 3:41 AM
wow im the first one 2 see this...thxx a bunch downloading now!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 3:56 AM
Great hack, this will do wonders for my biz sims profits! Thanks!!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 3:58 AM
Fantastic finally a way to get ahead trying to sell these items. Thanks its wonderful.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 5:04 AM
NOET:
I didn't mention, but the reason I did NOT hack the flower station is because I feel that material costs with flowers are pretty much the same across the board. You can't take $400 worth of flowers and make something worth $2000. BUT: if there is enough demand, I CAN hack the flower arranging station for cheaper prices. Just ask REALLY NICELY and maybe I'll do it. A cookie would be good too. I like cookies.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anger_management
NOET:
I didn't mention, but the reason I did NOT hack the flower station is because I feel that material costs with flowers are pretty much the same across the board. You can't take $400 worth of flowers and make something worth $2000. BUT: if there is enough demand, I CAN hack the flower arranging station for cheaper prices. Just ask REALLY NICELY and maybe I'll do it. A cookie would be good too. I like cookies.

Thank you for making cheaper Toy Making and Robot Making Stations. Pretty please with cookies can you please make the floral station so they are cheaper :bow:.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 8:43 AM
But does this lower the sells price as well? I'm running a flower shop, and you can't really make too much because even as ridiculously expensive, they tend to be kind of cheap.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 8:44 AM
hi there
i have noticed a slight bug since installing this hack when a servo is crafted it is invisible, so if placed on the it vanishes, not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem. nice hack otherwise
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 11:49 AM
This is great. Thank you so much. I have a REQUEST. Can you make a hack so that pay raises are smaller? I was thinking a manager working a 40hr work week should be topped out the same as someone who's reached the top of a career which is between 9,000 and 10,000/wk. But I think 150/hr is way too much to pay a teenager with a couple of silver badges and not many skills.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. --Eleanor Roosevelt
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 5:20 PM
great idea makes much sense
thanx a lot
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dentedtrain
hi there
i have noticed a slight bug since installing this hack when a servo is crafted it is invisible, so if placed on the it vanishes, not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem. nice hack otherwise
i have it does that with everything i believe somehow it happens because of a mod conflict with the hack that allows you to make them faster even though i have no idea how they can possibly conflict woth each other,i took this one out and they all showed up.if anyone else who has those mods without the conflict please let me know so i can see what else may be conflicting with it i want to use this one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 7:29 PM Last edited by anger_management : 27th Mar 2006 at 7:49 PM. Reason: an den I sez, I'm not drunk. Just stoopid!
DON'T PANIC!

Just found out the problem and fixed it. Uploading new version now.

Ok, it's up. BTW, PLEASE don't install this with ANY OTHER hacks that affect crafting stations. This is not supposed to work with them, so I cannot guarantee that something bad won't happen. You don't want to create a big huge fiery ball visible from space now, do you?

EDIT:

Argh, why did I post the file to here? Moved to the proper place.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 7:37 PM
ok thanks for the answer anger management i need to choose between faster or cheaper lol i will probably choose cheaper, thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 8:27 PM
Geez, I feel as though I ought to move this to in testing, seeing as I can't prevent myself from fiddling with it. Anyways, I'm sorry that I was a wee bit circumspect with my last post, but I was in a bit of a hurry. ANYWAYS:

delonariel-
No, this hack does not affect the sales prices in any way. Just manufacturing costs. Guess I need to update the info to make it clearer.

cjanefly764-
I'll look into it, but I must note that what you are suggesting would be a GLOBAL mod. The problem with those sorts of things is that they are often prone to conflicts and bugs. But I'll try...

kiwianagirl-
Rest assured, I am working on the next version as we speak. Type. Whatever. I'll probably include a cheaper flower crafting hack in v. 1.04, and after that I'll also try (or at least attempt) to make this compatible with other object crafting hacks.

Which brings me to my next point... I need someone to post (preferably to here to prevent clutter in my PM folder) the sum total of hacks that affect crafting in any way. I'll try to look and see if they are DIRECTLY COMPATABLE, which means you can install both and no problems, or COMPILABLE, which means I'll need to combine them to avoid weird problems where both are running at the same time and trying to modify the same file.

Adios,
anger_management
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 12:44 AM
This is a great hack! I have so many poor sims. They have almost no money to even buy the supplies to make the bots. So this will come in very handy!

Thanks!

Quote:
happens because of a mod conflict with the hack that allows you to make them faster even

I have been looking for a mod like that. Where did you get it? Can you link me.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 1:10 PM
this is really nice!
good job!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 10:33 AM
HELP PLEASE, I"ve downloaded both this & owner not present restock thingy & neither seem to be working. What am I doing wrong? I just download to downloads, right?
Thanks in anticipation
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:04 AM
Default Ha-ha! Look at me! I am so lazy!
Sorry that I apparently ABANDONED this, some RL issues got in the way (if you must know, I'm moving) Anyways, I'll try to bring this mod back up to speed ASAP.

Also, mandyonzante, it might not be a very good idea to try to run both at the same time. And, yes, you should only have to extract it to the Downloads folder.