Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval CAS and YACAS

by EnblithTheFair Posted 28th Mar 2006 at 10:18 PM - Updated 24th May 2006 at 12:16 AM by EnblithTheFair : Adding Keywords!

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 4:39 AM
I didn't imagine myself ever changing the CAS - but when I saw these two sets I just couldn't resist! I'm not even running a medieval neighbourhood yet, but these two are absolutely gorgeous!
Theorist
#3 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 5:03 AM
I have The Sims 2 Holiday Edition and all three expansion packs. Both the CAS and the YACAS work fine in my game, just like the originals. I have them installed in their own CAS folder in Downloads - I didn't realize it was that easy to change the CAS. While they are both excellent, I think I like your CAS more the YACAS, there is a greater feeling of richness in the set.

BTW, I stopped off at your site and picked up some jewelry and the medieval blue toddler outfit - both very nice!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 10:47 AM
Very nice! Now I can play around with my 'storybook' neighbourhood folk in a more fitting setting Thanks!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
I have The Sims 2 Holiday Edition and all three expansion packs. Both the CAS and the YACAS work fine in my game, just like the originals. I have them installed in their own CAS folder in Downloads - I didn't realize it was that easy to change the CAS. While they are both excellent, I think I like your CAS more the YACAS, there is a greater feeling of richness in the set.

BTW, I stopped off at your site and picked up some jewelry and the medieval blue toddler outfit - both very nice!

Thanks for letting me know that they work in your game!
I'm glad you like them!

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 7:05 PM
These are beautiful!!!!! The best I've ever seen. Any chance that you could make the one for University for the regular CAS? It's my favorite of the two and I don't care to play University.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 7:44 AM Last edited by sparkypercy : 31st Mar 2006 at 5:16 PM.
I have seen some really good CAS files, but never downloaded any, until I saw yours. I'm big into anything medieval and this is perfect!!!!!
Can't wait to play!!

My question is: how the heck did you do this? FANTASTIC!!!!

**UPDATE**
It looooks great in the game. Thank you very much!!!

Interested in actually reliving the middle ages : www.sca.org
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 7:33 PM
This is quite beatiful, I also love anything that has to do with medieval. Thanks for sharing.

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 10:54 AM
This has got to be the most stunning CAS screen I've ever seen!!! How did you managed to get rid of the photos or are they just cleverly hidden?? Thank you for taking the time and effort to put this together for us.:baloons:

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:49 PM
I'm glad you like it!
When I was creating the CAS screens I hid the objects from the original set by using the 'boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false' cheat to move the photos into the wall and I built some walls to hide the furniture. Then I decorated the set medieval style!

Royal Kingdom Challenge:
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 11:14 AM
This looks really good! Thanks for making it.
Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to make own CAS-screens? I think I'd like to try it, too ...
Instructor
#12 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerbera
This looks really good! Thanks for making it.
Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to make own CAS-screens? I think I'd like to try it, too ...

The tutorial by mikeinside can be found here at: http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/hacks/casmod.html

Elen síla lumenn’omentielvo
A star shall shine on the hour of our meeting.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 10:40 PM
i like too it's cute. but putting plainly and bluntly rar cas screens do not i repeat do not work in my game.

walk beside me an just be my friend
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th May 2006 at 1:43 PM
i've just been to ur site .... wow .... do u make objects????
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th May 2006 at 6:45 PM
No I haven't learned how to make objects yet. For now I'm mostly sticking to clothing with a few extras like this.

Royal Kingdom Challenge:
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th May 2006 at 8:36 AM
It's to bad their isnt a "recolor" of the mirror in the CAS, that makes the pics and furniture invisible
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th May 2006 at 3:01 PM
These are amazing! However did you do it? I mean, how do you make these?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 28th May 2006 at 12:10 PM
You are amazing, there arn't enough complements for you!!

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th May 2006 at 2:55 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you all like my CAS!
I followed this tutorial to make them:
http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/hacks/casmod.html

Royal Kingdom Challenge:
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 1:10 AM
The perfect last touch for this screen is:

Invisible CAS objects.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=162363&c=1&page=2&pp=25
Test Subject
#21 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:59 AM
I've been trying this out in my game for a little while now, and while I love it I find that the lighting is just a little bit too bright in the initial sim creation part. When you zoom in on the sims it's just a bit too bright on their face.
Inventor
#22 Old 6th May 2007 at 9:48 PM
Quite lovely, Enblith, very nice work. And xxxploitme - if you look up at the top of the main downloads, there is a upload from Windkeeper that removes clutter - it should be what you are asking about. Its currently the most recent featured, I believe.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:14 PM
Wow....these are amazing! I have just one question for you.
To remove them do you meerly do the downloads folder and delete them?
Other than that, they're great!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 7:42 PM
This is so nice! Thank you very much for sharing, just what I was looking for!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#25 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:01 PM
Lovely Scene! Thanks so much!