Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Hide Try For Baby Options (Updated 4/21/2006)

by syberspunk Posted 8th Apr 2006 at 9:29 AM - Updated 12th Sep 2007 at 4:37 AM by syberspunk : updated description for clarification

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 12:18 PM
Thank you for the awesome mod, will this work with Carringtons TeenWoobeds?
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 3:10 PM
Thank you! I requested this a long time ago
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 3:27 PM
Yes, wonderful, but I have a couple of stupid questions.

Given that Jase439 is hopeful of releasing an OFB compatible inTeenimator within the next two weeks, is there any indication that this will be compatible?

In your last posted example picture I recognise the user-addition options of Adjust... and Casual... but not Selectable... What mod does this stem from?

Thanks, again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrivateSim
Yes, wonderful, but I have a couple of stupid questions.

Given that Jase439 is hopeful of releasing an OFB compatible inTeenimator within the next two weeks, is there any indication that this will be compatible?

In your last posted example picture I recognise the user-addition options of Adjust... and Casual... but not Selectable... What mod does this stem from?

Thanks, again.

Since the InTeen is a much more complex mod, and I personally haven't had the time to check out the code myself, I will pretty much say that this will NOT be compatible. Since it already conflicts with JenFlower's much more simpler version, I can only imagine that it would, in the very least have the same conflicts. We would probably have to consult Jase to be sure about it.

But I'm sure Jase would be amenable to possibly making a flavor pak for it. Or, if and when an OFB version is available, I will look into how feasible it would be to make an InTeen compatible version of this.

If I have time this weekend, I'll poke my nose around the NL version, and see if it would be an easy, quick fix. If so, then I'll gladly make an InTeen compatible version for testing (I currently do not use InTeen, obviously because I have OFB).

As for the Selectable option, that comes from the new and improved InSimenator, SIM version. It's a lot more convenient than typing the boolprop cheat in all the time. And yes, I know that I could just stick that into userCheats or whatever, but I don't want it on by default.

Ste
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
As for the Selectable option, that comes from the new and improved InSimenator, SIM version. It's a lot more convenient than typing the boolprop cheat in all the time. And yes, I know that I could just stick that into userCheats or whatever, but I don't want it on by default.
Ste

Ah hah!

That's why I don't recognise it. I gave up on InSim when it had such problems with one of the Sims 1 updates.

Oh, and I know exactly what you mean about not wanting it running all the time. I find that the easiest for me (with my InSim fobia - ) is to put an alias in the usercheats
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 4:44 AM
This is going to be interesting just like in real life. Now will they get morning sickness in the first stages? I cant wait to use this and thank you so much for creating it.
Systemic Anomaly
#8 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrivateSim

I can answer this for you now. It will completely sizzle the brains right out of the InTeenimater, actually
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 7:15 AM
I can not thank you enough for this! I always feel slightly guilty for making my sims try for baby. But they need a kid sooner or later. This is perfect! It'll happen when it happens. Thank you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 12:42 AM
Default Thanks!
Thank you for making this! I've been using risky woohoo and silent pregnancy and the only flaw was the presence or absence of the try for baby option. I just installed this mod and I did notice a problem but I'm not certain it is related to this mod. When I sent my sims to bed to relax they would relax for a second or two and then suddenly be standing next to the bed. I have a number of hacks installed in addition to the base game and uni. Woohoo related ones are: risky woohoo bed, silent pregnancy and Triplets & Quads Ver 2.5 by Twojeffs at MATY. Let me know if there is any other info I can give you that will help.
Tina
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TBerry
I just installed this mod and I did notice a problem but I'm not certain it is related to this mod. When I sent my sims to bed to relax they would relax for a second or two and then suddenly be standing next to the bed.

I'll try and take a look at this soon. If you know how to turn on debug mode, please test this out with it on.

open the cheat box, type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

Then, direct the same sims into bed and have them relax like you did before. If you get an error again, with them 'jumping' up and standing next to the bed, you should get an error log. The dialog box should tell you where to find the error log. It will be a .txt file. If you can .zip it up and post it here as an attachment, or email it to me: syberspunk @ yahoo

It will help me track down the problem, if it is related to my mod.

Thanks

Ste
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 5:39 AM
Default here is the error report
I hope this helps
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Object Error.rar (10.3 KB, 16 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 10:05 AM
I hope this helps

Ok, thanks for the error log. I'm not sure quite why this would produce an error... but I made some minor changes which should prevent this. Please re-download, test, and report back. Again, I just seem to be lucky and don't get these errors in my testing. :shrug: So I definitely need feedback.

If you still have problems, let me know if you are using any other hacks related to woohoo, which haven't been made by me, or any hacked objects like beds or what not, which may change and/or require the code that I've changed. Essentially this mod just 'turns off' those 'Try for Baby' options, so any code that depends on them might not work properly.

Ste
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 9:10 PM Last edited by TBerry : 12th Apr 2006 at 11:24 PM.
Default I tried again
I got the same error again. Since no one else has reported anything like this I suspect it's just me. I do have a ludicrous number of custom content files and modifications in my game. (download junkie)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N003.rar (10.3 KB, 7 downloads)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 6:17 AM
I got the same error again. Since no one else has reported anything like this I suspect it's just me. I do have a ludicrous number of custom content files and modifications in my game. (download junkie)

I was afraid that would happen. The error seems to show that, for some weird reason, Monique's Bank Controller is being referenced. This doesn't make sense because it shouldn't be involved with BedGlobals... :confused:

So first, question - Are you using any custom hacked beds (like LizzLove's autonomous bed) or any other custom hacked beds that do more things that normal, Maxis beds don't?

If so... try having your sims relax on a regular, Maxis bed. Do you still get the error?

If you still get it, try removing any hacked beds or any other mods that you might have that are related to beds or woohoo specifically. If you are using the version of Risky Woohoo that I made, that should be fine. If you are using JenFlower's Woohoo Teens, that is also fine (I have that one myself). If you are using InTeen, Jase has reported that this mod will definitely conflict.

If you still get the error, after removing the bed related hacks... I would try removing Monique's Bank Controller. I'm not sure what hack that is, or why it would conflict. I can't imagine it being the reason... but since I don't have the same set up as you or the same hacks, I don't know what else to suggest other than to take a wild stab and try removing it.

There could be a few reasons why this problem is popping up in your game:

1) You have a mod conflict

2) Your lot is screwed up

3) My mod doesn't work like it should :P

To be absolutely eliminate 3 as the reason, you can try disabling ALL of your other custom content. And ONLY use this mod by itself with regular Maxis beds. If you DON'T get an error at all, then most likely the reason is 1 - you have a mod conflict.

Then it would be up to you to use whatever method you prefer to hunt down the conflicting mod. This could be as painful as slowly adding in one hack at a time and checking back in the game, or adding in groups at a time. But most likely, the problem would be:

1) Any other mods related to beds

2) Any hacked or cloned beds

3) Monique's Bank Controller

Although I am very doubtful it is the bank controller. It is probably something with this Subqueue BHAV. Something is setting the Stack Object to the bank controller, which most likely is a coincidence. The Object ID of the bank controller probably just happens to match the Neighbor ID of a sim. This probably doesn't mean anything to you, but I just thought I would offer it as an explanation of why it is very unlikely the bank controller, but at least you know that might be the reason it is showing up in your error log. Your best bet would probably be to check for any other conflicting mods or hacked/cloned objects.

When I get a chance, I will try to do some more tests to see if I get the same problem.

Ste
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 10:43 AM
I tried another lot without the bank controller and did not get the error. The bank controller came with "Hacked COMPUTER (Not Global) v11.1 << UPDATED 03/18/2006 << " by Monique here at MTS2. I appreciate your help with this. I should have tried a new lot before posting here. I don't know why that didn't occur to me. Anyway, thanks for a great mod!
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Apr 2006 at 1:47 AM
Syberspunk, I've just run Paladin's hack conflict checker on this, and it suggested there could be a conflict between this and TwoJeffs' Preg for All Genders mod. Any thoughts on that?
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 10:40 PM
Default You're not alone ;-)

I've got the same error. And I've got quite a number of custom content, too. Somehow it makes one feel content...

The error happens when I use standart beds and click on the partner, and it happens with LizzLoves autonomous bed

The unvoluntary interruption doesn't happen with christianlov's Easy collection (Easy Bed and Easy Clothing Booth ). I haven't tried regular clothing booths.

Attached error logs:
  • ObjectError_N006_t71911.txt: Error Log for the regular bed
  • ObjectError_N006_t72139.txt: Error Log for the atonomous bed with autonomy off
  • ObjectError_N006_t72355.txt: Error Log for the atonomous bed with autonomy on

Hope the logs will help
A.H
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError.zip (37.0 KB, 10 downloads)
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 5:45 AM
how do you take it out. it makes my computer work slow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moneygd

I very much doubt that, but to remove it, pretty much just like any other mod, just delete the file. But most likely, you have some other problem slowing down your game. :shrug:

And thanks to AmberDiceless for mentiong the conflict with the Preg4All mod. I've included a tested update, and it seems to work.

Also thanks to nikolaus and TBerry for your error logs. I should have recognized the error, but then I noticed that both of you do not have Nightlife, at least according to your profiles. I believe the problem was a format error. It should be fixed now. Please redownload, retest, and report back if you still have errors. Thanks.

Ste
Systemic Anomaly
#21 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moneygd

I haven't heard anything this silly in a long time. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 10:22 PM
Default Thanks!
I tried the new version and had no errors at all! (you are correct, I don't have NL) I really appreciate your willingness to put your time and energy into creating something that makes the game more fun for so many of us.
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:26 PM Last edited by jennyferfer07 : 8th May 2006 at 1:12 AM.
Okay, my problem: the mod won't leave!

I've deleted the file from my downloads folder, but the game stil says its there and still applys during gameplay.

So I've tried

Restarting my computer, clean pack installer, disabling and enabeling custom content, it doesn't go away!

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED! Basically I downloaded the mod twice because I couldn't find the first in the downloads folder. I deleted the 2nd one and thought I had removed the mod. The 1st time I downloaded it I put it in the broadcast part of the sims 2 folder. I found this out when looking more closly at where the game said the mod was located
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th May 2006 at 4:40 AM
I really like the idea of the mod, and the fun of not knowing if your sim is preg.
But I have inteenimater and would like to be able to use them both at the same time, I was just curious to know if you are planing to make a compatilbe version?
thank you for the time you put in to these mods.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th May 2006 at 3:04 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Yet more realism for the game! Although some couples plan for children, most do not.

Should I find any conflicts, I will post them. Although, by this point, I doubt I will come across any. :3

Ace job.

--?--
Good Question.
Page 1 of 2