Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Family Fun Stuff) CAS crashing when using new clothes fix - Update 4-15-06

by PatchesSim2 Posted 15th Apr 2006 at 12:59 AM - Updated 28th Apr 2006 at 3:42 AM by PatchesSim2 : found a way to fix the missing clothing problem

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 1:01 AM
Thanks Alot
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 1:07 AM
what happends when ea fixes the problem? will there be conflicts with ea's fix and yours?

I want to down load this bad becuase im about to receive the fun pack and I don't want problems, but I also don't want problems in the future. :wave:

Want custom clothes for your sims? PM with details and information and I will see what I can do!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 1:09 AM
Yes, mine will need to be removed; but until then this should solve the problem (and maybe the other ones if some people test it for me).
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 1:10 AM
ok i see its just a package, easy to delete when needed, thanks for helping the community!

ill help test it, fun pack for me will be here in 7 minutes :P

Want custom clothes for your sims? PM with details and information and I will see what I can do!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 3:36 AM
does this solve the problem of the missing clothes too? mine never crashed when choosing the clothes, but they vanish after i restar the game, just like is said in the maxis thread...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 6:13 AM Last edited by PatchesSim2 : 15th Apr 2006 at 7:39 PM.
I don't know, that's why this needs testing. If you could test it for me that would be great.

Edit: It does not prevent clothes from becoming missing, files are modified in both the program directory and in My Documents, I'm currently looking into why this is happening (even though it is a Maxis bug).

Edit 2: Fix is now up.
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Apr 2006 at 8:01 PM
ty this patch seemed to help, but im also having another pblm, and don't know if anyone is having this issue, but my babies wont grow up in the game now... i don't know if this is because of the family fun pack, the patch, or just me ^_^;; is anyone dealing with this?
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by evil_tennyo
ty this patch seemed to help, but im also having another pblm, and don't know if anyone is having this issue, but my babies wont grow up in the game now... i don't know if this is because of the family fun pack, the patch, or just me ^_^;; is anyone dealing with this?

I'm not sure many people will be willing to help you out seeing as though your question is in the wrong area. I suggest making note of which hacks/mods conflict with your expansion pack.

I have had my share of weird happenings due to hack conflicts each time a new expansion pack is released- I could write a book.

My suggestion go to the site map and find the forum that best suits your question and search your butt off. I've seen your problem answered before.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 3:55 AM
I just installed FFS but haven't played it yet. I will install your patch. I wish there were not this many problems! It seems like there are way too many issues for what is in FFS. Sigh...
#11 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 12:10 PM
i`ve downloaded the v2 patch. how do i install it? where do i have to copy this file and do i have to execute it or only copy in the folder?

my problem is only that the clothes are removed, system crashes not yet...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 7:11 PM
I noticed CAS crashing since OFB, i don't have FFP. Is there a way to know what is making CAS crash?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 12:15 AM
dafossa - Copy the package file (assuming you extracted it from the rar file) file into your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 6:48 AM
Cool. Thank you sooooo soooo sooo much!!!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 4:09 PM
i got family fun stuff, but once installed my sucky video card makes walls and create a family walls start flashing red like the water does

anyway somewhere on the ea support site maxis says their working on a family fun stuff patch to fix that clothing crashing problem
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 11:05 PM
I have a question about the Family Fun Pack. If you install it, will you have to use that disc from then on out or will you just use your Open for Business/Nightlife/University/Sims 2 disc? I'm thinking about getting it, but I'm not sure how it would work. I've never gotten the Object packs before.

"Oh, let me guess. Another box with a crank that I turn and turn and turn until...whoo...a clown pops out. Then you laugh, the kids laugh, the dog laughs, and I die a little more inside."

-Stewie Griffin, Family Guy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 4:06 AM
You have to use the Family Fun Stuff disc to play the game.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 8:28 AM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 8:49 AM Last edited by thekaishi : 21st Apr 2006 at 9:39 AM. Reason: I don't read well all the before messages
Hello, I have the Family Fun Stuff from yesterday and when I install the disc and run the game I have a horrible surprise, the walls ever are red, they don't have texture and don't see the paint wall or the windows, also this "red walls" ever are flicker in light red or dark red.

EDIT: I have the same problem that someone2

I feel sad because I check out the official site and I don't find a patch

Please, anybody know anything about this?

Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 11:04 PM
thekaishi, as far as I can tell the flashing walls are caused by video cards which are (and have been since the original release of The Sims 2) not supported. Maxis only supports the video cards listed on their box and some people don't bother to check.

but I'm just basing my information on past posts people have made and I've had the same video card since this game came out (Nvidia GeForce 5900XT 128megs) so I've never had the problem. They've had this problem previously with neighborhood terrain, and a few other things before.
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 4:18 AM
How can we remove this mod once Maxis releases the patch?
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 6:27 PM
Delete the package from your downloads folder.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 10:04 PM
Hummm?
I do not know of using this yet if the icons change then I will waite for the maxis patch. So far I have had no problems when I did have the problems like mentioned at BBS I just got rid of all the new meshed outfits and hair and the new meshed objects I had downloaded and it fixed its self. So far I have had no problems it is a bummer that alot of the meshes I have had were conflickting the maxis origanal hair and clothing and could not know witch ones so I do not use new meshes but very very few. It was not good to have new meshes I found for The Sims 2 too many conflicted things going on.
So I will waite to see if I realy need the patch for I have not lost any of the FFS clothing in CAS at all yet. And I believe it can be any meshes in the game that was never registered and I am not even sure if Maxis realy wants us to mesh new things at all, I doi not know lol....I just rid all 3rd party meshes and the games is working normal. No problems with my games and I have all the games that has been sold. Maybe I it is 3rd party meshes? Hummm??? I just know many of the 3rd party hair and clothing meshes I could not recolor many of the maxis only stuff at all. So I fixed it uninstalled all games defraged and cleaned out my computer etc. Virus cleaner etc. Reinstalled the games and is working beautifully for me.
Thanks for the file I will keep it for future if maxis dose not come up with one and maybe I do not need the patch so far I seem not need it. LOL.... :baloons: :sci: :haha: :bandit:

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 11:56 PM
omg the flashing seems to be happening to almost everyone! the complaints are on the official site forums as well
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 9:11 AM
I have The Sims 2 and all the expansions, I play Open for Bussiness without any problem and my video card driver are updates but the walls (only the walls, the rest are look very well in high resolution Sims, floor, ...) and I hear the same that someone2 many people of the world have many problem (including this from the walls) and this disc of accesories is be rename for the users "disc of bugs"

I wait that maxis put a patch for this problems coming soon (if is possible today because with this effect I don't play)
Page 1 of 2