Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

OFB locked tiles fix **fixed by latest Maxis patch**

by windkeeper Posted 18th Apr 2006 at 6:34 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2006 at 9:42 PM by windkeeper

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 6:39 PM
Thank you! You're my hero for the day! (well, one of my heroes at least LOL). As a long-time Sims1 user, this was driving me buggy.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 6:47 PM
I was shocked to see OFB didn't allow move objects on to work properly. I for one use a mailbox cover with a shelf underneath (I think I got it from here somewhere), and I was going mad about having to move the entire mailbox into the lot, just to use that item properly.
I hope they fix the move objects not working for the whole lot with the next patch, no offence to you, this was much needed as maxis didn't even realise this was missing, until asked if it was included in the patch. ^rolls eyes.
So thank you for this!
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 6:48 PM
I never download hacks... But this one is sooooo great
*downloading*
Thanks man, great job
Instructor
#5 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 6:55 PM
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:09 PM
I can't thank you enough for this. I was shocked to see Maxis "solution" to people accidentally deleting their mailbox, trashcan, or portals was to completely remove access…

Glad you found a fix
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:13 PM
THX :nod: THX :nod: THX :nod: THX :nod: THX :nod: THX :nod:
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#8 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:16 PM
Finally! Thank you!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blubug
I for one use a mailbox cover with a shelf underneath (I think I got it from here somewhere)
Lol! Its by me! I forgot to remove it and took a picture with that cover on. That cover is published at TSR and should be currently in a free rotation. I've updated the cover to work on locked tiles even before I published this hack.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:32 PM
I have to say that you are one awesome creator!!!! I absolutely LOVE you and ALL your creations!!!! For people in contests (myself included) this is a dream come true for the pictures we take for them. When OFB came out and we couldnt put stuff past the sidewalk I was horrified, but now, YOU have made this possible again and I thankyou soooooooooo much for this, I cant even begin to tell you how much this means to me and all the people in contests!!!!!!! You are so awesome!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:32 PM
does this work with the new sims family fun stuff as well? Oh well I will try it out and let you know... thank you this is great!!

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:37 PM
Thank you so much for this hack, it was driving me nuts that I could not place my driveway where I wanted it to go and now I can.

Thank you again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:38 PM
Not sure about FFS, please post here the results!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 7:49 PM
Thanks windkeeper, I have lots that I had flowers and such pass the sidewalk I have not yet been in those lots since I install OFB now I can go in them and not be upset if the trees and flowers are somewhere else I can put them where I want them. Thanks again.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:05 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
i am SO happy you decided to put it up!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:10 PM
A million thanks for this!! Having those tiles locked was driving me even closer to complete raging insanity!

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by toriamos
Thanks windkeeper, I have lots that I had flowers and such pass the sidewalk I have not yet been in those lots since I install OFB now I can go in them and not be upset if the trees and flowers are somewhere else I can put them where I want them. Thanks again.
I think they will still be there even if you don't install this fix. You just wont be able to move them within that locked area.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#18 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:11 PM
You are FAB!

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:21 PM Last edited by mrcheeks : 18th Apr 2006 at 8:26 PM.
thank you! thank you! this has totally made my day!! i was highly peeved at being unable to use the mailbox covers.. you rock windkeeper :yippee:

People who like this sort of thing will find this is the sort of thing they like. -Abraham Lincoln
Instructor
#20 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:23 PM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: WINDKEEPER

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrcheeks
i was highly peeved at being unable to use the mailbox covers.. you rock windkeeper :yippee:
As I said in another thread, mailbox covers by me were also updated and don't require hack at all .
Field Researcher
#22 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by windkeeper
Not sure about FFS, please post here the results!

It still doesn't seem to work with FFS I agree w/I think numeror sp this is more like an expansion pack than an add on maybe they will fix it or one of you cleaver folks will... I will just keep moving my stuff else where I guess till some bright lad or lass fix is it.. ))

Good work...

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Field Researcher
#23 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:35 PM
I hear the choir sing Hallelujah Chorus! As always you give to us the simple things that make our sims more realistic. I LOVE that. :o)
Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Karr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:40 PM
Care, did you test it by buying a new object or by moving existing one? You need to buy an object.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by windkeeper
Care, did you test it by buying a new object or by moving existing one? You need to buy an object.

i just moved what was there what do I need to buy? and will get back to you on my findings...

Page 1 of 4