Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterproof Servos

by dolphin26 Posted 25th Apr 2006 at 3:15 AM - Updated 5th Mar 2008 at 2:10 AM by dolphin26 : keywords

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:19 AM
OH I just love this. Thank you so much I was so tired of them shorting out when they got into water. Thanks!!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:44 AM
Absolutely going to try this. Your other hack like No Hire Employee Wants
works wonderfully together with all my other hacks. Love to test this very much. Thanks a lot for relieving my headache :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 4:43 AM
Has anyone tried to see if this keeps servo from frying when fixing the leaking shower? That drives me bonkers. Yes, I'm so glad I activted you Servo so that I could make you call the repairman, rather than one of my actual sims.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gethane
Has anyone tried to see if this keeps servo from frying when fixing the leaking shower? That drives me bonkers. Yes, I'm so glad I activted you Servo so that I could make you call the repairman, rather than one of my actual sims.

Is this sarcasm I can't tell? Is there a correct way to type out sarcasm Hummm?

Cool hack!

Read my signature it cries for attention!

Wookiees, Bats, Zombies and more see my work here.
http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=150649
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 6:37 AM
Cool hack! Even though I don't use servos, this is great for the people who do!!! Thanx!
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 11:45 AM
Great thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:04 PM

This is exactly why I made the hack. However, I haven't had a shower break since I made the hack, so I can't say with 100% certainty. However, looking at the code I'm pretty sure they'll now be able to fix showers.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 8:09 PM
Thank you so much I have one servo who keeps wanting to go swimming. I didnt know that was what caused the break down the first time but I figured it out the second time when I let it go swimming. Its kinda funny the first time you see them go nuts but after that it is just annoying.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 10:47 PM
Two servos relaxing in a hot tub- not a sight I've seen very often

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 3:25 AM
thanx for sharing this when i first got OFB one of my main problems was that Servo kept getting in the hottub over and over and i was getting tired of having to click it off.

~ * MaRiA * ~
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 12:34 AM
Thanks so much my servos wouldn't stay away from the fish tanks. thanks
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 12:41 PM
My servo has been fried a couple of times for cleaning the shower too... something to look out for.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st May 2006 at 1:24 PM
Have you tried drowning thanx for this great hack
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd May 2006 at 6:50 AM
Been tested this for almost a week. Any interactions related to water seemed immune to servos. You've done a great job. I cant's help myself to say thanks again very much for this very much needed hack :D.

This hack also works wonderfully with Monique's Buyable Servos.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd May 2006 at 12:59 AM
Hey Dolphin26, I saw your post to my request over at MATY. I do not post much there because it is such a hassle for me since pescado changed the site after the attack. Thanks for this hack. I really need it!

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd May 2006 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
This is exactly why I made the hack. However, I haven't had a shower break since I made the hack, so I can't say with 100% certainty. However, looking at the code I'm pretty sure they'll now be able to fix showers.

Excellent! Thanks for replying and sorry it took me so long to come back. I thought I had my options set up to send me an email for this thread, but i guess not.

And, yes to the other poster, it was sarcasm. I really miss the servo from Sims1. Seemed much more efficient.

BTW, I don't know if something like this is possible, but I'd love having different behavior "schedules" I could assign to servos. Like, this is the "nanny" servo today.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd May 2006 at 1:35 AM
BTW, I don't know if something like this is possible, but I'd love having different behavior "schedules" I could assign to servos. Like, this is the "nanny" servo today.

I tend to agree with you. What I use in my game is Christianlov's All-In-One NPC. After a little setup work, it works great. The trick is you need to initialize your servo(s) and move them out to a lot you don't play, then assign the all-in-one cooktop to the servo in the neighborhood. I like to also set the option for a 24 hour work day and no days off -- it makes the servo a real servo, instead of a sim. I don't see any reason you couldn't do it with the nanny painting too, although I haven't tried it yet...
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd May 2006 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
I tend to agree with you. What I use in my game is Christianlov's All-In-One NPC. After a little setup work, it works great. The trick is you need to initialize your servo(s) and move them out to a lot you don't play, then assign the all-in-one cooktop to the servo in the neighborhood. I like to also set the option for a 24 hour work day and no days off -- it makes the servo a real servo, instead of a sim. I don't see any reason you couldn't do it with the nanny painting too, although I haven't tried it yet...

oooo! thanks for the idea. I played around a little with the AIO npc's but I just wasn't getting it right. I'll look into it again. Do you suppose it would work after making the servo that you moved out a townie (using the boolprop testing cheats enabled thing)? that way you don't have to have a lot with your servo "bugging" you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th May 2006 at 5:22 PM
sorry to sound dumn ... How do i get a servo??

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st May 2006 at 8:03 PM
exelint! now they won't run amok after atuomaticly swiming when I'm not looking!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:03 PM
Another excellent Servo idea, if theyre going to woohoo like sims then they may as well bathe like them too, thanks Dolphin26!
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 4:29 AM
thank you so much! i have squinge's servo change appearance hack and this makes it even better.

you know, poh-tay-toes? boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 1:51 PM
Quote:
thank you so much! i have squinge's servo change appearance hack and this makes it even better.

Same here- I got very tired of my androids going swimming on community lots and frying themselves- thank you so much for this excelent hack- I'm about to try it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 5:40 PM
Awesome, pure awesome.

Don't have The Sims 2 right now. Will soon.
Page 1 of 2