Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

OFB nanny outfit replacement

by windkeeper Posted 10th May 2006 at 10:45 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2006 at 9:40 PM by windkeeper

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:53 PM
Awesome, can't wait to try this! Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:53 PM
lovely! When I get back home I am so downloading this. It won't fix the nannies, but at least they'll look stylish as they set my house on fire!
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:55 PM
Thank you Windkeeper for this great post!

I really hated those other default clothes for the nannies!

StarSapphire

What doesn't kill you....Only makes you stronger!

TO THOSE WHO SUPPORT PETS BEING ADDED TO SIMS2, PLACE THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:56 PM
Lol purplemuffin!

I agree this ones are great , i mean your sims can't leave in a luxury mansion and have a nanny that dresses like hmm ..eem..

Thanks!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Inventor
#6 Old 10th May 2006 at 11:40 PM
Very cool as always And a brilliant idea I must add
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Instructor
#7 Old 10th May 2006 at 11:51 PM
*scratches head* The way you wrote the part about using the clothing rack has me a little confused about exactly how this download is intended to work -- I expect something labeled default replacement to automatically replace the original. Will this change the outfit on existing nannies, or does it leave existing nannies alone but new nannies will be generated using these outfits, or is it some other behavior?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th May 2006 at 12:14 AM
cool thanks

You are you, and I am me. You do your thing and I'll do mine, and if we end up together in the end, then it's beautiful. --Topanga
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2006 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by akatonbo
*scratches head* The way you wrote the part about using the clothing rack has me a little confused about exactly how this download is intended to work -- I expect something labeled default replacement to automatically replace the original. Will this change the outfit on existing nannies, or does it leave existing nannies alone but new nannies will be generated using these outfits, or is it some other behavior?
It does and it will change the default clothes on existing nannies. The second part is really for updating their thumbnail views and if you want to change their hair and makeup. I fixed the description
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th May 2006 at 2:42 AM
Thank you, a person can only take so much of seeing them in their ugly uniforms!!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th May 2006 at 3:39 AM
Windkeeper, this is great! Is there a tutorial on how to do this? (I REALLY hate the maids' outfits in the game). Thanks so much for fixing the nannies!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th May 2006 at 4:22 AM
will try this out this looks great, thanks for you wonderful stuff.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2006 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amythestfenix
Windkeeper, this is great! Is there a tutorial on how to do this? (I REALLY hate the maids' outfits in the game). Thanks so much for fixing the nannies!
There is already maid replacement tutorial at this site, it uses custom mesh for the maid. As for me, I didn't use any tutorials, it's enough to simply have understanding of the game clothes files to figure out how to replace them.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th May 2006 at 2:25 PM
Would a green/purple combo file be possible? I like both the green and the purple but not so much the red, though it is a definite improvement over Maxis.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th May 2006 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by P!x!3Dust
Would a green/purple combo file be possible? I like both the green and the purple but not so much the red, though it is a definite improvement over Maxis.
Just added green and purple file, you can download it now
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th May 2006 at 11:30 PM
Thank god!! I hate tem nanny outfits, yours is 100% improvement!! thanks

~freedom of speech is nothing without freedom of thought~
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2006 at 1:44 AM
cool beans!

Elair
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th May 2006 at 5:46 AM
I love it!! My nanies look fabulous!

Check out my site: SIMple Realty
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th May 2006 at 9:28 PM
Will this work with SimWardrobe's NPC Clothing Replacement program? (www.simwardrobe.com)

That will change the defaults rather than having to change them everytime they get generated.

Kiri

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Field Researcher
#20 Old 15th May 2006 at 4:54 PM
great Idea wind

Quote: Originally posted by celebkiriedhel
Will this work with SimWardrobe's NPC Clothing Replacement program? (www.simwardrobe.com)

That will change the defaults rather than having to change them everytime they get generated.

Kiri
you do not have to change them manually, as windkeeper states dropping her file into your downloads folder automatically changes the default outfit in the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th May 2006 at 3:32 AM
Yes, thats right, the files above change the default nanny outfit, you don't need to replace it every time. They are not designed to "work with" any program, they simply are straighforward replacements . I suspect the program you are talking about does the same thing, its up to you which method to use.
Instructor
#23 Old 29th May 2006 at 7:39 PM
It's very good replacements, my little Sim will like it
Field Researcher
#24 Old 31st May 2006 at 2:06 PM
unlasting comes now a good replacement for the default nanny outfits.
that's worth a big thx and a huge smile as well :----)

nothing there
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 6:59 PM
love it! good idea! the original clothes are so awful and old fashioned!
Page 1 of 2