Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

50 semi-fantastic eyes :)

by jadin Posted 18th May 2006 at 1:27 AM - Updated 19th May 2006 at 4:47 AM by jadin : add a descriptive file, fix tags

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:05 PM
That is a heck of alot of variety! And a lot of work on your part! I can't wait to see these in game, particularly the pinkish one since it made me think of Cheza eyes but that would need lots of pink sclera to match but I'm happy for a close facsimile! Thanks for your imagination and productivity!

I...will never be a memory.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:08 PM
for your first post, it's actually very good! (prolly better than my first upload )

"Drugs, sex and rock and roll. Get rid of the drugs and there will be a lot more room for the two!" - Steven Tyler of Aerosmith

Learn how to play guitar here! (not a scam!) http://www.guitarlessonworld.com/
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:50 PM
I love them! I won't dowload though. there are too many. I'll download them when I'm done with my own Eye set I'm doing. ^_^
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:51 PM
Oh, these are lovely! I can't wait to use them! Thank you very much!

I just noticed the file name says jed_eye. X3 -gigglesnort- Sorry, I'm such a dork. LOL! Thanks again!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:07 PM
Oh wow! These are beautiful! Thank you!

Can't. Stop. Downloading.!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:31 PM
This is Very nice work, especially for your first upload. Well done!...do you happen to recall whose brows you're using on your models?
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:05 PM
I think these are very nice! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th May 2006 at 8:28 PM
I love these, but do they have shading? (Do your sims eyes show black when they open it wide?) It's because that it's a little unconfortable with it. I just wanted to know.

Catarininha_94
Lab Assistant

Oh my! But I never put a download in here!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th May 2006 at 10:06 PM
these eyes are marvellous...they are both realistic and fanstastic(as you explain)and you've done such a good work!
i'm wondering when i'll do my first uplaod...i really would like ,but it could be very embarassing for me...ok...i'll think about it!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th May 2006 at 12:13 AM
please, don't be shy! your work turned out very good!

*I'm waiting for more stuff coming from you... I guess the girl's lipstick was your work or?

thanks anyway!

in desperate need of improving my rupert grint sim :|
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th May 2006 at 1:00 AM
wow these are great! and so many.... thanks

more of my creations here

Do not recolour my creations without my permission.

Do not upload my sims, or my creations at the Sims 2 Exchange. Thanks!
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th May 2006 at 1:31 AM
these are really great...ive downloaded a lot of eyes in my game before..and these have got to be my favorite so far! I hardly ever use any of my eye hacks..so I think I'll be filtering through them some time this week..but yours will stay, because I find them to be very unique, and something I would actually enjoy having for my sims..thanx!
Test Subject
#14 Old 19th May 2006 at 3:51 AM
wow these are amazing! wonderful job.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th May 2006 at 4:12 AM
Thank you so much for your kind comments! Additionally, for the points that were raised...

Quote: Originally posted by coffeeKat
That is a heck of alot of variety! And a lot of work on your part! I can't wait to see these in game, particularly the pinkish one since it made me think of Cheza eyes but that would need lots of pink sclera to match but I'm happy for a close facsimile! Thanks for your imagination and productivity!

You're welcome! I didn't know who Cheza was, so I looked her up. I'm doing a bunch of "animal" eyes (cats, goats, etc.) and I'll add a Cheza eye to the group since it is very pretty and now I know someone could use it.

Quote: Originally posted by Talismana
This is Very nice work, especially for your first upload. Well done!...do you happen to recall whose brows you're using on your models?

I do - and I knew there was something I missed listing! Brows are by Helaene on the girl, Xandher (TSR) on the redhead, and from the fabulous and mostly manly brow pack at SimsVault on Bachelor #3.

Quote: Originally posted by Beyond Wonderland
I just noticed the file name says jed_eye. X3 -gigglesnort- Sorry, I'm such a dork. LOL! Thanks again!

Heh. I hesitated to use my name for that very reason...but I don't really mind the association, even though I haven't even seen the last three (first three?) movies. Because I'm also a dork, I even considered putting Leia buns on the girl

Quote: Originally posted by Catarininha_94
I love these, but do they have shading? (Do your sims eyes show black when they open it wide?) It's because that it's a little unconfortable with it. I just wanted to know.

I'm not sure how to answer this - They have shadowing on them that (hopefully) makes them look more "real," but I haven't noticed anything unusual when their expressions change. However, I build houses and make pretty Sims all the time, but I rarely *play* the game. It's possible I am just not seeing enough of my Sims in action to see them open their eyes *really* wide. They have more shading than Maxis eyes (which have none), but less shading than a lot of the other eyes I've seen and/or downloaded.

Quote: Originally posted by Simmer87
i'm wondering when i'll do my first uplaod...i really would like ,but it could be very embarassing for me...ok...i'll think about it!

Hee! You should do it! It's not as scary as I thought it would be!

Quote: Originally posted by Rayo_
please, don't be shy! your work turned out very good!

*I'm waiting for more stuff coming from you... I guess the girl's lipstick was your work or?

Thank you! And, yes, the lipstick on the girl is mine (on the redhead, as well). I've got several styles of "natural" lips that I'm organizing for upload. They're all sheer to some degree so that they nicely enhance the lips on highly detailed skins but don't cover them up entirely. I initially started doing makeup to have some options for my male Sims - non-glossy lips, subtle shading for the eyes, all-over color for the face, etc. - so it's not very exciting, but I find it very useful. And, of course, I use it for females, too

Again, thank you so much for your kind remarks. I will be uploading some makeup and some specialty eyes in the near future, as well as a skintone - if I ever finish it!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th May 2006 at 4:20 AM
Whoa. These are amazing. I can't wait to use them.

"I have bad dreams. Hell, yes. Just look at me, you can tell I have terrible dreams."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th May 2006 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jennisim7202
these are really great...ive downloaded a lot of eyes in my game before..and these have got to be my favorite so far! I hardly ever use any of my eye hacks..so I think I'll be filtering through them some time this week..but yours will stay, because I find them to be very unique, and something I would actually enjoy having for my sims..thanx!

Thank you so much! I'm very flattered! I must confess, I really only use my eyes in my game, if only because I am so fond of non-standard colors. Other than the ugly Maxis eyes, the only single-color eyes I have are some pretty ones that came with full Sims (and they're mostly from Helaene).

Just FYI, since you commmented about the uniqueness, I've added a file listing the numbers and (sometimes odd) names I've given the colors, since the text is sometimes hard to read in Body Shop or CAS.

Thanks again. I hope you enjoy them.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th May 2006 at 7:12 AM
*we are not worthy*

These are AMAZING for a first attempt. Very natural looking, and very beautiful. If only they were lenses, so my family would have the benefit of the gorgeousness...
Instructor
#19 Old 19th May 2006 at 2:17 PM
These are beautiful, awesome job.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th May 2006 at 3:28 PM
These are really nice! I think you did a good job of making them realistic, but not TOO realistic. Very, very pretty, and such a nice variety of colors. I'm definately downloading; thanks!

Maker of non-realistic eyes and lots of sims!

Working on: Making EEC#4 Defaults/Making new colors for EEC#4/Making new colors for EEC#2/Playing the game!
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th May 2006 at 6:51 PM
Wow, Thankyou thankyou thankyou... These are just plain gorgeous... besides, 50!! One just can't have too many eyes!!

~Here's looking at you kid, hard to forget, Here' s looking at you kid, at least not yet. Your memory stays, it lingers ever... Fade away never~
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 19th May 2006 at 7:16 PM
jadin,thank you for the support!!!! :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th May 2006 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BluesAngel
*we are not worthy*

These are AMAZING for a first attempt. Very natural looking, and very beautiful. If only they were lenses, so my family would have the benefit of the gorgeousness...

I'll see what I can do
Instructor
#24 Old 24th May 2006 at 9:04 AM
Fantastic! Its great to see some more people uploading new content! I've been wondering if I should upload my favourite simmies (they look adorable!)
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th May 2006 at 8:31 PM
Actually, people do have purple eyes. Its some kind of vitamin deficiency or something. Here: www.myspace.com/jesusthejanitor Thats living proof. No contacts, no tricks.

Some people are like Slinkies, they have no apparent useful function but always manage to bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of steps.
Page 1 of 2