Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Compact VIII - 2x2 Affordable Twin Lofts for Singles

by Ed Newman Posted 20th May 2006 at 8:31 PM - Updated 22nd May 2006 at 12:14 AM by Ed Newman

11 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th May 2006 at 9:39 PM
I'm very impressed with this house. Hope its furnished :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th May 2006 at 10:01 PM
Love it! Double homes are so much fun, and the lovely architecture only makes them better! But please, do you remember by chance where the kitchen set in the photos came from? I'd love to download it!
Thanks,
~Rhadamanthia
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st May 2006 at 6:38 AM
I think this would be cool as a Uni dorm property. *grins* Thanx!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st May 2006 at 9:51 AM
Great job!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st May 2006 at 4:17 PM
you make really good houses!!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st May 2006 at 5:31 PM
Like always an excellent house...but, put to request... No you could put to us completely furnished with that so wonderful decoration that you teach to us?

Thanks for your works, are wonderful.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2006 at 8:28 PM
Thank you all guys for your kind words.

I've updated this post with information about the furniture.

The problem with the furnished lots (besides the size) is that most of the sites forbid distribution of their meshes, even with credits. Usually there's no problem with walls and floors, even with recolors, but we can't include their objects (which are all free for download) in the lots we share. That's why you need to go to each one's site and DL their content for your personnal use only - but that's a good thing, not only because you find another great stuff there, but also because you can download complete sets and decorate your houses accordingly. Some of those great sites also offer Collections - which make the things very easier for us (we don't have to find one by one, as they're all in one collection folder).

So, I can just take pictures of decorated lots to offer you suggestions. But in the next posts I'll try to include some information about the furniture.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd May 2006 at 5:08 PM
love it. very nice house.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 23rd May 2006 at 7:01 PM
Ed, that's a good point about shopping lists for DL lots. For awhile, as a new simmer, I was going strictle to the Maxis site. The first and last reccommendation I got from that little venture was TSR But! I was able to get better information when I started embracing my addiction and trying to recruit others. XD Another simmer lead me here, and this site (through members/ site owners and shopping lists, mainly) have helped me learn about other sites that suit my tastes. Since MTS2 is a supporter of the idea of donate when/if you can, and if like what you see, the users tend to be of likewise attitude and reccommend sites with the same ideals. The shopping list method also promotes that the sites' files are safe.
So, as much as I like pre-decorated houses (because I'm terrible at it,) shopping lists have a lot of merit to offer.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PollinationTechnician79
Ed, that's a good point about shopping lists for DL lots. For awhile, as a new simmer, I was going strictle to the Maxis site. The first and last reccommendation I got from that little venture was TSR But! I was able to get better information when I started embracing my addiction and trying to recruit others. XD Another simmer lead me here, and this site (through members/ site owners and shopping lists, mainly) have helped me learn about other sites that suit my tastes. Since MTS2 is a supporter of the idea of donate when/if you can, and if like what you see, the users tend to be of likewise attitude and reccommend sites with the same ideals. The shopping list method also promotes that the sites' files are safe.
So, as much as I like pre-decorated houses (because I'm terrible at it,) shopping lists have a lot of merit to offer.

Well, there's a lot of work involved in shopping lists, but I try to help as much as I was helped as a new simmer too. I agree with you: if we can DL good stuff from good sites for free, why not promote them? I've downloaded almost 3GB from MTS2 and free sites, and I think it's fair to retribute the way I can.
Decoration is not my thing - I realize that - but I also know that I'm better today than I was before. The merit isn't mine - I just use pretty stuff and ideas from the experts (Reflex, Pimp-my-sims, ...), recicle them a bit and apply them accordingly in the lots. Exactly the same thing everyone can do. I'm just pointing the direction for ya.
Instructor
#12 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 1:49 PM
Thank you for sharing your work, its really appreciated!

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.