Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quonset. Ten-hut your lifestyle!

by en7en Posted 24th May 2006 at 5:11 AM - Updated 24th May 2006 at 3:37 PM by en7en

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 24th May 2006 at 7:36 AM
I Love It!

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th May 2006 at 9:39 AM
I like it alot!maybe an idea to make also an community lot of it , so i can make an shop in it?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th May 2006 at 11:05 AM Last edited by TheWannabe930 : 24th May 2006 at 1:35 PM.
Really good en7en!

A little complicated but great none the less!!

Well done!

TheWannabe930...

+EDIT+ Is there any chance of a tutorial on how to build this kind of lot??

Love Grows... Just like flowers
(\__/) (())
(=’.’=) //\\ Visit Me:Click Me For Free Sims 2 Downloads Tutorials and Forums...
(“)-(“)
TheWannabe390
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th May 2006 at 12:32 PM
This is amazing! please take my round of applause!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2006 at 12:57 PM
This is awesome! Any chance of a metallic "Area 51-alien autopsy" or "Gomer Pyle, USMC" type version? I am dying to play this in game!
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th May 2006 at 1:29 PM
Niiiice. I knew a family with ten kids who lived in a quonset hut in the desert. One half was the kitchen and living room, and the other half was bedrooms and bathrooms. It was a little bizarre, but it was surprisingly home-y inside. I think I'll move one of my big sim families into this house.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th May 2006 at 2:01 PM Last edited by Dwinar : 24th May 2006 at 2:12 PM.
Default Master
It's great like all of your projects you are a master of sloped roofs

PS
TheWannabe930 en7en has a tutorial and if he has nothing against it I'll give this link http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...?asset_id=31219

"...One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie." - J. R. R. Tolkien
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th May 2006 at 2:13 PM
i agree, could you make a shop/store version. there was some store buildings like this in the Gadsden Alabama aera for a number of years after WW2, many relocated from (former) Camp Sibert aera.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2006 at 3:39 PM
Thank you for the comments. I can and will definitely make a community version of this (I only have the original game) which you can convert to commercial.

Neerovra, I'm not sure what you're talking about... Can you point me toward some pictures of what you have in mind?

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th May 2006 at 5:22 PM
Neato! The Roofing King does it again, mixing it up a bit. Thanks for innovating and sharing!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th May 2006 at 5:39 PM
THank you, this will look good for my Starfleet Marines barracks in University.

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.
Not just pretty words." -Addams Family
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th May 2006 at 7:10 PM
@Dwinar I think TheWannabe means how to build sloped roofs like the Quonset... The one on the exchange is for building pagodas only...

@en7en
Well done on this fantastic lot!! It really looks like Army barracks... Just wish some-one would make General Payne from Bustin Out!

Thanks.

+Lucky+...

Visit VoVillia Corp :)
Cra5h, +Lucky+ WonderKid, Whatever...
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th May 2006 at 7:33 PM
Really awesome work! I have trouble making square rooms , so the work put forth by people like you makes my game worth playing.

Thank you eversomuch for sharing!!

Always,
Emma
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th May 2006 at 7:41 PM
TheWannabe: The techniques from my pagoda tutorial can be used for any kind of roof deform. Furthermore, there are many tutorials out there on building a curved bridge, which can be directly applied to a curved roof.

So I don't think it is necessary to make a tutorial for a quonset hut. Learn the technique, and with a little imagination and a forethought, you'll be able to build anything.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th May 2006 at 8:13 PM
O.k cool..

Thanks for the words of wisdom...

I will hopefully make a community version of the Quonset... (no promises mind... I still have to learn...)

Thanks again for the brilliant lot.

TheWannabe930...

Love Grows... Just like flowers
(\__/) (())
(=’.’=) //\\ Visit Me:Click Me For Free Sims 2 Downloads Tutorials and Forums...
(“)-(“)
TheWannabe390
Scholar
#17 Old 24th May 2006 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheWannabe930
O.k cool..

Thanks for the words of wisdom...

I will hopefully make a community version of the Quonset... (no promises mind... I still have to learn...)

Thanks again for the brilliant lot.

TheWannabe930...

Just use the in-game cheat "changeLotZoning community"

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th May 2006 at 12:07 AM
Great. Looks like these so called "Nissen Hütten" we had here in Germany after WW2. When many of the houses in the big cities where destroyed, they build up these makeshift cots for bombed out families to live in...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th May 2006 at 1:37 AM
Nissen huts were developed by the Brits. The US took the same idea and come up with the Quonset hut (manufactured in Quonset, New Jersey). They built thousands during WWII.
It's an interesting bit of history. I like them cause they're a great case study of good design: Simple, cheap, efficient, and in some strange way, visually interesting.

Test Subject
#20 Old 25th May 2006 at 9:57 AM
Lived in one for a little while when I was very young. Apparantly I liked it then, 'cause I remember it fondly. Will have to try it again!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th May 2006 at 8:49 PM
LMAO..how unusal and what a great idea of you to build this! I like the roof and the texture of it..I will try this out. Strange buildings you can find isn't it ? but this one is simple and has lots of possibility's I think.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 27th May 2006 at 1:12 AM
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th May 2006 at 8:52 AM
Its a wonderfull download
I download it!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th May 2006 at 12:36 PM
Great lot. I can't wait to test it. The design is this what i search!

nothing there
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th May 2006 at 12:15 PM
I love it. It would be cool to have a whole military base with the huts and other such buildings.

great job
Armonia51
Page 1 of 2