Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Hair Recolors* Sunair Sims Recolors of the H.E.L. (Hair Earring Lipstick) Set

by TickleYu Posted 31st May 2006 at 3:35 AM - Updated 19th Jun 2006 at 4:05 PM by TickleYu

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 12:45 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 12:54 AM
Default Thanks =)
I call this one "Oprah hair". Surprised I haven't seen an Oprah sim with it yet (not that I'm looking for one).
Thanks for the recolors.

By the way, do you recall where you got that lipstick that the pink Oprah is wearing? I like that pastel rainbow-y color.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Paniscus
I call this one "Oprah hair". Surprised I haven't seen an Oprah sim with it yet (not that I'm looking for one).
Thanks for the recolors.

By the way, do you recall where you got that lipstick that the pink Oprah is wearing? I like that pastel rainbow-y color.

Hi,
It does look like Oprah's hair doesn't it? I never thought about it. I like some of the shorter looks. There are so many great long hair styles that talented modders have created, that I find myself hunting for the shorter styles now.

The lipstick that you commented on is among my favorite funky looks. I really love it and it is made so well. It is duo color and very shiney. It is made by Shady at www.pimp-my-sims.com
If this link doesn't take you directly to it, it is found on page one at the bottom of the lipstick section under the genetics-makeup-lipstick tab.

Kindest Regards,
TickleYu (Teresa) :lovestruc
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 1:59 AM
Default Thanks again
Thanks for the link, TickleYu! I go to that site often, I suppose I never noticed the makeup section.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 5:15 AM
*sigh* Absolutely gorgeous recolors of an absolutely gorgeous mesh. For some reason I can't get the Sunair sims site to load anymore. It used to work for me, but now it doesn't. It just says it's transferring data for ever and ever. Does anyone else have this problem? It does the same thing whether I use Mozilla or IE.

Edit: Uh, never mind. I'm a dork brain. I went ahead and tried it again with IE and it just popped right up. How 'bout that?
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 11:39 AM
The recolours look great
and thanks for pointing out the mesh, as I don't think I've got that one,
but will get it now
thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 5:33 PM
Any chance on getting the mesh reposted? Her site does not work on any of the browsers I've tried and I've got the latest flash.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 6:31 PM Last edited by TickleYu : 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ganyblack
Any chance on getting the mesh reposted? Her site does not work on any of the browsers I've tried and I've got the latest flash.

Hi,
hmmmm, I don't understand why you might be having this trouble. I tried through IE as well as trying through Mozilla and even went through AOL too and Sunair's site came up fine for me. Maybe if you clear out your Cache and try again, that might work.

I cannot distribute a mesh that doesn't belong to me on this site or elsewhere. With having permission from Sunair to recolor this hair was under the condition that I link back to their site to get the mesh. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 2:45 AM
These are just what was needed. I put them in bodyshop along with the original colors and got rid of the colors I didn't like. When I got done I found I had deleted all of the original colors and yours stayed in!

I have a request, can you make a grey or white for the elders? Right now I have their platinum blonde in to simulate elder hair, but an actual elder color would be much better.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 6:35 AM
I Can"t find the mash??Please help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
These are just what was needed. I put them in bodyshop along with the original colors and got rid of the colors I didn't like. When I got done I found I had deleted all of the original colors and yours stayed in!

I have a request, can you make a grey or white for the elders? Right now I have their platinum blonde in to simulate elder hair, but an actual elder color would be much better.

Magicmoon,
I have a big weekend coming up (My little one has her first dance recital-should be loads of fun) After that I am getting my computer overhauled and upgraded to XP. I am going to attempt to learn SimPE and learn how to place the hairs in the correct bins. When I do that I can also create a grey recolor. Crossing fingers I will be able to learn SimPE before I am standing in the social security line. lol

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by paular47
I Can"t find the mash??Please help

When you get to the main page, I believe you have your choice to select Sims 1 or Sims 2. After you have chosen sims 2 you then select the language in which you can understand. Another screen then pops up. (it is smaller in size then the original screen) Up at the top in grey You will see the Sunair logo. Next to that you see News Object Skin Theme and so on. You want to click on the word Skin. For now it should take you directly to that page since it is the latest creations that Sunair offers under the skin category. When more items are created you will have to scroll back a page or two to find it. But for now, it takes you directly to it.

I hope this helps you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 2:53 AM
Just an update to let you know I rated these a 5. Not only are they great recolors, but they feature little things that too few people do with their hair recolors A)textures and colors done for ALL ages, awesome. B) a black hair color that is truly BLACK, looks great on dark skin, and is still shiny, not featureless. Huge YAY for that!
So thanks very much for these, I have replaced the original colors for this mesh with yours in my game.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TickleYu
I am going to attempt to learn SimPE and learn how to place the hairs in the correct bins. When I do that I can also create a grey recolor. Crossing fingers I will be able to learn SimPE before I am standing in the social security line. lol

I downloaded an excellent tutorial by Windkeeper complete with pictures and arrows to tell you what to do for creating binned hair or binning custom hair that you already have. I went back to try to find it so I could put a link here, but I can't find it. PM me if you want me to send it to you. It comes in 2 PDF files. You need adobe acrobat reader (It's free) to read the files.

Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 6:16 AM Last edited by observantphoenix : 9th Jun 2006 at 6:25 AM.
edit: finally figured out why the download links weren't working for me when I went directly to this link - http://sunairsims.enorth.com.cn/chou/run.html - the download links wouldn't work within my browser. but then i tried this link - http://sunairsims.enorth.com.cn/ and it brought up the main site... from here I could click "Enter" and the site would launch properly and I could download. I feel stupid now

Lovely job on the recolors!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 9:51 PM
I found the tutorial I was talking about in post #15.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/articles

Right now the 4th article on the page tells you how to clean up the mess left over after you do the color binning. A few articles past that you find the one that tells you how to color bin the hair. Both are by Windkeeper.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
I found the tutorial I was talking about in post #15.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/articles

Right now the 4th article on the page tells you how to clean up the mess left over after you do the color binning. A few articles past that you find the one that tells you how to color bin the hair. Both are by Windkeeper.

Magicmoon,
Thank you for going out of your way to find those tutorials for me. I plan to use those links you gave me. I really want to learn how to do more things and use Simpe. My computer wouldn't even boot this morning without a kickstart. I was supposed to get my computer overhauled last weekend, but things got nuts around here. I am crossing my fingers I will get it this weekend, before my hard drive totally dies on me. Thanx bunches, I appreciate all of your help!!!

TickleYu
Field Researcher
#19 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 12:50 AM
Right now those articles are free at Sims Resource which is a pay site that has some stuff free, but it rotates what is free. I don't know if they plan on leaving the articles free or if they will go into the member section later so you might want to download them now even if you don't plan on using them for awhile.

If you do lose your stuff on your hard drive and they go into the pay section, PM me and I'll send them to you. I have them downloaded but haven't started binning my hair yet. First I need to go through my hair folder and put all the files for the different styles together so I know which textures belong with which meshes. After I get done organizing I'll start the binning process.

Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 3:55 PM
Default Cheers
Thank you the recolours look lovely and thank you observantphoenix I was having the same problems as you and couldn't work out why it wasn't working :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by observantphoenix
edit: finally figured out why the download links weren't working for me when I went directly to this link - http://sunairsims.enorth.com.cn/chou/run.html - the download links wouldn't work within my browser. but then i tried this link - http://sunairsims.enorth.com.cn/ and it brought up the main site... from here I could click "Enter" and the site would launch properly and I could download. I feel stupid now

Lovely job on the recolors!

To CeeJay also, I am sorry about that link not working. I think I have fixed that now and the link in the decription should work as well as the link under the download.

TickleYu (Teresa)
Scholar
#22 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 8:31 AM
Wow these recolors look amazing. I love that mesh and need to redownload it since I purged my computer to get rid of some now unwanted prototype files I had. But goodness, that site is hard to navigate so it would take something as fantastic as your recolors to make me go back there again. Its pages are uh...slippery. You need a steady hand to keep on target or you end up with some other page in your face. I love Sunair content by rarely go there for that reason.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:23 AM
Helloooooo Mrs Brady!!!

Great work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:15 PM
help i need the mesh