Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Child Support v3.0 **UPDATED**

by monique Posted 8th Jun 2006 at 12:06 PM - Updated 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:00 AM by monique

183 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 12:30 PM
What actually determine who is the supporter? The baby's father ID?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 12:45 PM
We have it here in sweden, until the child/teen/person is like er... 15 -16 - I'm not sure... after that we get something that it's called study support until we are 18...
That's good.

I like the idea, thank you - I'd be happy to try it out

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 1:13 PM
This sounds really cool!
Can you decide who will be the supporter? Do you get money pr child or per family? What if you have kids with more than one guy/woman? What happens when the supporter is broke? If any of the testers could answer this I would be grateful!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
What actually determine who is the supporter? The baby's father ID?

Supporters are Parents (can be a Mother or Father) or Elders who have baby, toddler, child and teen is not living with them.

Quote: Originally posted by Paradise
This sounds really cool!
Can you decide who will be the supporter? Do you get money pr child or per family? What if you have kids with more than one guy/woman? What happens when the supporter is broke? If any of the testers could answer this I would be grateful!

You will get the money per child and it goes to your family fund. If your sim has 2 families (let's say family A with one child and Family B with one child too) and your sim is living in other house (not in family A or B),he or she will be a supporter to both families that he or she left. If the supporter is broke, no money will be sent to the dependent.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 4:53 PM
i dont get it

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:32 PM
Excellent mod.

Will it work if the supporting parent is a townie or npc?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
Supporters are Parents (can be a Mother or Father) or Elders who have baby, toddler, child and teen is not living with them.

You will get the money per child and it goes to your family fund. If your sim has 2 families (let's say family A with one child and Family B with one child too) and your sim is living in other house (not in family A or B),he or she will be a supporter to both families that he or she left. If the supporter is broke, no money will be sent to the dependent.

Now if only you could code child support enforcement thugs to come beat up the deadbeat mom/dad when they are broke. Maybe you could make it so that it keeps track of the amount "behind" in payments the deadbeat is, and then once he/she earns some money (through being played), the next time you play the "supportee," the back payments would be made...

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:48 PM
this is a really good hack i have been waiting for something like this!

You have to respect yourself for other people to respect you and you have to love yourself to have other peopl love you.. Treat people the way you would want to be treated. remember that when that kid thats such a nerd comes up and you put him in a trash can..
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kool4ya91
i dont get it

your mom and dad are still together aren't they? i'm willing to bet that they are or if they are not than it's not due to divorce.

I get this mod completly and it's really cool. Here in the USA child support is given until the supported child turns 18 unless they go to college and then they receive it until they graduate from college. And of course if you are ordered to pay child support and you don't it does accumulate and you will go to jail for not paying it and be forced to pay all back unpaid support. But one difference in RL and this mod is that the amount of child support paid is determined by how many children are being supported and the supporters amount of income. for example, a man making 50 grand a year is going to pay more per month for one child than a man that is making only 20 grand a year will pay for more than one child per month.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 5:54 PM
Monique, thanks for this. I'm going to dl right now and give it a try.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 6:05 PM
This is a really cool thing.Thanks for making this.Downloading now.

Smiles make the world better.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 6:16 PM
Great Mod!
Quote: Originally posted by RealHogsFan
your mom and dad are still together aren't they? i'm willing to bet that they are or if they are not than it's not due to divorce.

I get this mod completly and it's really cool. Here in the USA child support is given until the supported child turns 18 unless they go to college and then they receive it until they graduate from college. And of course if you are ordered to pay child support and you don't it does accumulate and you will go to jail for not paying it and be forced to pay all back unpaid support. But one difference in RL and this mod is that the amount of child support paid is determined by how many children are being supported and the supporters amount of income. for example, a man making 50 grand a year is going to pay more per month for one child than a man that is making only 20 grand a year will pay for more than one child per month.

If only real life were as easy as this hack. RealHogsFan, my parents have been divorced sence I was 4, and my 'Loving Father' as the Court prefers to call him has never paid my child support. (He was ordered to) And I'm in Ohio. You say they go to jail if they don't pay? If only, if only.....
Great mod though! Thanks Monique!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 6:22 PM Last edited by carlasturmer : 8th Jun 2006 at 6:22 PM. Reason: Bad english, as ever...
Nice! It will make the game more realistic! Thanks, Monique. I'm a big fan of yours. You don't "produce" lots of mods, but yours are indispensable. Thanks a lot.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 8:31 PM Last edited by PollinationTechnician79 : 8th Jun 2006 at 8:37 PM. Reason: Quick Question
Heh. Mouse, my sperm donor was snagged when I was 15. He contested paternity, until the day of the blood test. I recall seeing him walk onto the crowded Detroit Family Services floor, looking at me, looking at my mom and saying "Well, that was a waste of money." (BTW, I look like a shorter version of my father with hips and boobs.)
For a moment, I didn't know if it was him, but as soon as I understood exactly what he meant, my inner dialogue let loose with "Booyah! Mothaf*cka!" and outside, I think I gave him a smirk for good measure, because he'd had many opportunities to see my sister and I, but never showed.
He was actually jailed for 60 days and had his wages garnished for a total of 16 and 15 years back support for my sister and I, respectively (mom was preggers for me at the time of their divorce, and sis was a toddler). So Mouse, though it seems remote, today, chances are good that one day the ODJFS will make him squirm.
And even if they never do catch him, he will have still missed out on a huge and wonderful part of his life, You.
Even though I didn't recognize him by sight, until I was 15, I kept the door open and sent him school pictures, a ticket to my graduation commencement, invited him to my wedding and even informed him of the birth of his only grandchild. For some reason, I feel better about it, knowing that the door is open.
Monique, wonderful touch of realism. Kudos! Five stars, from this simmer.

Question:
Does it work if the child was parented by an underage sim?
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 10:03 PM
Perfect! One of my sims is about to leave his pregnant wife for another woman (oh the drama!) so I'll try it out right away.

Anybody care to offer up a quick explanation of how to change BCONs? Is that in SimPe? I think I'd like to give my children and tots at least as much as the babies get.
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 10:22 PM
Oh my gosh! So cool and thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 11:32 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!
I've been wanting something like this forever. I use your computer to send support within my playable characters. Now I can get townies for their money. All right......
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 11:54 PM
This is great!! Too bad we can't have this in real life too..(automatic money deduction without the court and paternity tests). Thanks for making this BTW..does this mean the absent parent can have visitation too? that would be cool.

Please do not upload my creations to any pay sites or the exchange. Do not include my meshes with recolors. Uploading in lots is fine on MTS2 only.

Come and check out my other creations at Thesimszone. http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/index.php?Section=53
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#20 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 12:33 AM
This is an entirely fantastic idea monique. I don't actually *play* the game per se - but I sure as hell have an appreciation for anyone that can manipulate game code in ways like this!! Much kudos!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#21 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 12:34 AM
Thanks, monique, be happy to try it out.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 2:19 AM
oh yes mouse, i understand completely, my parents divorced when i was around 4 or 5 and they fought for the next 15 years and now i don't get child support from my ex for my daughter, problem there is we can't find his sorry ass. but that is ok cause i am glad he can't hurt us anymore.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 2:43 AM
Thank You Monique just another FANTASTIC mod from you. This is so wonderful because I have a set of triplets from a very rich sims from OFB who now will pay. LOL
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 4:11 AM
This mod works beautifully! I had a sim return from a community lot and the moment she arrived home she received her first payment - it was the first I knew of her pregnancy! Using the Insim to check, I found out that she was just 1 hour pregnant. Thanks to this mod, the father (and I do feel a little sorry for him) is already having to pay. A big thank you, Monique for yet another great mod.
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 5:41 AM
does a male pregnant with an alien baby get suport payments from the alien parent ???

hmm, I might just have to test this
Page 1 of 8