Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Now Pets Ready: Default Eyebrow Replacements from Helaene.com

by SciBirg Posted 10th Jun 2006 at 10:31 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2006 at 8:54 PM by SciBirg : Had to make the files Pets ready

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 2:12 AM
The pics are impossible to see!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 2:25 AM
Thanks!
If people keep contributing default replacements, I might not have to keep killing off townies. :D

Please feel free to use/clone/copy/share anything I have made in whatever manner you wish. Have fun!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 4:39 AM
wow!! I LOVE THESE! i've been trying to make the brows default, but it never worked for me! great job!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 5:27 AM
spmjcom, you can see the originals at Helaene.com.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:00 AM
I agree, you most definately should take better screenshots! "Before" and "After" shots, please, and by all means, if you think townies with bushy eyebrows look strange then take screenshots of that as well, before and after. Or if the bushy eyebrows on townies are really a problem, maybe you should fix it instead by using different eyebrows for the bushy default, hm?

Anyway. I will have to try this out. Thanks, friend.
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:05 AM
Oh, one other thing. The Maxis default screenshot thingy sucks major time. You can't get any decent pictures with that. It's better to use some external screenshot program. Personally, I've found Better Screenshots to be adequate to my screenshotting needs. Though it's doesn't have the most pleasant of user interfaces...
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#8 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:47 AM
I cant see anything at all
But Im tired of Maxis brows - gonna get them all anyway

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 11:35 AM
If you download the file, big pictures are included where you can see (quite good actually) how they look. I'm going to give these a try, great work, thank you for sharing!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 1:10 PM
Ok, I will take some more screenshots when I get home.

Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 7:08 PM
You might want to check on the brown eyebrows for the combed brows. It isn't showing up in CAS or in Body Shop.

Everything else is working beautifully. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 8:59 PM Last edited by SciBirg : 12th Jun 2006 at 9:07 PM.
Thanks! Will do that right away.

EDIT: It shows up fine for me in Bodyshop, male, female, brown, blonde, black, red, tweased, combed and bushy.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 12:40 AM
Thanks a ton I already have these eyebrows in my game and look forward to having them as defaults
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmieCal
Thanks!
If people keep contributing default replacements, I might not have to keep killing off townies. :D

Kudos to that. I don't mind Maxis content. That is, I don't mind Maxis content on townies that are starving to death while trapped inside fences or legacy families.

Out of commision because my computer is a complete piece of crap.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noel_The_Kitty
You might want to check on the brown eyebrows for the combed brows. It isn't showing up in CAS or in Body Shop.

Everything else is working beautifully. Thank you.

The brown combed aren't showing up for me either.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 6:05 AM
How odd! I have retested it in the game too. What kind of hair are you using? Try using hair that is binned, that is, in the correct color bins opposed to just under the asterisk. Does that help? Is it missing from all hairs?

Do you see the Maxis brown combed instead or just nothing at all?

Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 6:36 AM
I have nothing in the custom bin.

I tried it with binned custom hair and default Maxis hairs. It just shows the Maxis brown combed.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 2:10 PM
The brown combed ones aren't showing up in my game either. But all the others work fine Hopefully you can fix that. If you can't then it's fine, I'll use these anyway!

If you love something, set it free.
If it doesn't come back,
hunt it down and kill it.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 11:49 AM
I can't find the tweased brows 906

SBS
A.K.A
Sabri Bin Salim
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 9:00 AM Last edited by SciBirg : 28th Oct 2006 at 2:29 PM.
Ok, I tweaked the file a bit and then took out all my brows from my download folder and tested it in the game and yes, all of my default brows show up.

I even created a separate user on my pc and the only files I put in the download folder were the default brows and they all showed up.

Please retest and see if it works for you now.

EDIT: You may have to delete your CAS Thumbnails if you are having problems with it not showing up.

These can be found in your Sims folder, one folder up from your Downloads folder, in a folder called Thumbnails.

All the files in Thumbnails can be deleted as they are regenerated when you restart the game. It may take slightly longer to start the game the very next time you start it up but after that it shouldn't do that anymore.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:37 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been using these since they came out, and waiting for you to fix the brown the whole time. I love them, because even though I use custom brows as well, these instantly give my sims a more natural look.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sabrisalim2000
I can't find the tweased brows 906

Me either
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 6:58 AM Last edited by SciBirg : 10th Nov 2006 at 8:57 PM.
What do you mean you can't find them? They don't show up or are you missing the file? Have you tried deleting your CAS thumbnails?

EDIT: Duh! I know what has happened. It's Pets. I made this upload without Pets installed. Ok, I will fix that as soon as I am able to.

EDIT 2: Ok, files are now Pets ready.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 6:28 PM
Is there anyway to link to the mesh for the brows? I'm having a horrible time trying to find the meshes.

Easy Recipe Site and Forum
Happy Holidays!
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 12:05 PM
There is no mesh for the brows, so don't worry about that.

Page 1 of 2