Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-placement "Open/Closed" sign (CUSTOM version)

by Numenor Posted 21st Jun 2006 at 12:27 AM - Updated 21st Jun 2006 at 12:36 AM by Numenor

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:27 AM
wow nice idea! thanks!

Josh
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:33 AM Last edited by [email protected] : 21st Jun 2006 at 1:22 AM.
Cool!

Just earlier today I was having a fit as I was trying to create a wall-less community lot and then realised I needed to put the sign on a wall (without using move objects - and then I don't want a sign hanging in the middle of nowhere). This is perfect!

ta!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:34 AM
This is fantastic- Perfect for outdoor markets and the like. Thanks again Numenor

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:37 AM
This is perfect
Good Job

Im megas3300 and I approve this message.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Sim Master : 21st Jun 2006 at 12:48 AM.
Finally, now I don't hav to use the moveObjects code to place it on windows, I can just use the standing sign! Thanks again for another amazing download, Numenor!

Oh, and by the way, even though this one is great, I'm not afraid of global mods so I'll be downloading that one! But they're both great, and it's awesome that you provide an alternative to those who don't like global mods.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:41 AM
Megas! What kind of signature is that! Thanks

----------------------------------

In case you all are wondering (I bet!) the version that I have in MY game is the Global Mod one... :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:51 AM Last edited by gypsylady : 21st Jun 2006 at 12:59 AM.
Thank you.
when useing this do you also have to use a Maxis sign or can you just use one of these?

Never mind I went back and reread the description

Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 1:05 AM
The downloads went down before I could hit the download button.

Im megas3300 and I approve this message.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 1:23 AM
me too

now I keep hitting refresh hoping they are back up so I can get it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 4:20 AM
B-E-U-T-I-F-U-L! I love it!, too bad for the downloads down

Why I don't work for the Bomb squad-I know it's about to blow up, but can you hold for one more second, I need to finish this level.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:39 AM
finally!

Patience is but a virue...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:24 AM
that is a really brlliant idea

Great Work!
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:58 AM
what i was lookin for. Thanks!!

~MoOgLeS aRe So CuTe!!!~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 7:07 AM
like sim master said "now i dont have to use moveObjects on just to put it on a window i can put it on a stand
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 7:11 AM
i´ve no other words as i can say - amazing - thank you and this very much - great job - and so on - so on ...............................................
What we´ll do without you and your fantastic ideas and perfect realization.
I don´t want to say "i love you" like many people do ( i know - in the USA they like to say - "love it - love you" to everthing and anybody who make they happy - so they love german pizza ( Wagner - german commercial ) too, but i never see you real before ,
...... but i love this site, who show me your name and your skill and your work and your phantasy, but no real pic and also your No. *joke*
now the dls down - the reason why i have time and can write here on and on *smile*
now i´m stop - before you get higher and higher, but i come back at this place and take it.
Have a great, nice and happy time all the comming days.
( yeah - i´ve no other words - hi hi hi )
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 8:18 AM
I'm sorry for the prolonged maintainance downtime...

Anyway, thanks everyone for your comments

A hint: you don't need the moveobject cheat to place the sign on a window: just keep pressed dow the keys [CTRL]+[ALT], and it will be placeable on any wall, including the ones occupied by windows and other hanging objects.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 9:52 AM
great work!

co0tjj
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 10:23 AM
very usefull thanx
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 10:48 AM
this is really handy. I mean... who puts their closing sign at the back of their store? Thanks

Visit designit botan the new site and new url! no really... its new new!!!!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 11:21 AM
Oh this is really great. Thanks a bunch Numenor.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 11:24 AM
Yet again, this is something i've been hopeing for! thanks
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 11:46 AM
Great idea! Thanks!:-)

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:37 PM
Just one more piece of evidence for the "Numenor is god" theory. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:38 PM
i was more annoyed that i could not combine the open/close sign with a door too but that will be impossible to mod i think.
Page 1 of 4