Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-placement "Open/Closed" sign (GLOBAL MOD version)

by Numenor Posted 21st Jun 2006 at 12:35 AM

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:36 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 21st Jun 2006 at 12:55 AM.
You are a freaking genius, Numenor. Thank you so much. I'll totally be getting this version... I didn't even know I needed this before you made it.

Question: Is it recolourable? I've worked retail before and no customers would understand the red/green thing. Heck, a 50 foot blinking red sign that beats them over the head saying "CLOSED GO HOME!" probably wouldn't work, but... Just being able to do Open/Closed text would be cool.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:38 AM
Genius. Simply Genius

Im megas3300 and I approve this message.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:42 AM
You never cease to amaze me, Numenor! (Or anyone else, for that matter)
Thank you again for another amazing creation!
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:51 AM
Allow me to worship the ground you walk on!

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You are a freaking genius, Numenor. Thank you so much. I'll totally be getting this version... I didn't even know I needed this before you made it.

Question: Is it recolourable? I've worked retail before and no customers would understand the red/green thing. Heck, a 50 foot blinking red sign that beats them over the head saying "CLOSED GO HOME!" probably wouldn't work, but... Just being able to do Open/Closed text would be cool.

I work in retail now and often want to beat stupid customers over the head to tell them to go home. I mean, Why wait to do your weekly shop until 10 minutes before we are closing on a saturday night/sunday afternoon???? Do they not have anything better to do?

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:04 AM
This is fantastic! Thank you Numenor.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:19 AM
*worships* thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 3:56 AM
This is awesome! I can't wait to DL! I don't know how ppl are downloading it since DL's are down but I'll be patient =P

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 12:12 PM
this is awesome numenor!

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 1:39 PM
Will this comflict with Inge's ijTimedOpenCloseSign.package? Her hack allows you to set the open and closed times for your shop and the times you want your employees to arrive and leave for work each day. When set with the sign's menu, all your choices happen automatically so you don't have to keep manually opening and closing and calling your employees to come to work and then manually dismissing them each day. I love her hack and wouldn't want to lose it just to have more sign options.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:30 PM
This "Global Mod" version should work perfectly fine with Inge's mod.

The only thing you should keep in mind is that Inge's sign is to be considered the "master": i.e. you should either let it do the open/close job automatically, or manually open/close using Inge's sign.

In other words, if you have in your store a mix of Inge's signs and my signs, always operate on Inge's ones.
If you manually open/close the store by using my sign (or the Maxis one, that is the same), Inge's ones will not be changed automatically.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:26 PM
awesome idea - check
perfectly made - check
great service (two versions) - check
really useful - check
voted five stars and said thank you - check
:D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:41 PM
I have nothing new to add: you're still do amazing work!
Thank you very much
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:37 PM Last edited by RealHogsFan : 21st Jun 2006 at 6:46 PM.
all i can say is you are a GOD numenor. it's like you read my mind, i was using the old moveobjects on cheat to place it in places other than the wall. thanks bunches and i gave you 5 stars and wish i could give you 10.

EDIT:
was just thinking, you are not just a God Numenor, you are my GOD, lol. I have not been disappointed with a single one of yer mods. MTS2 is my Heaven and all the talented modders are my Gods. I would die if MTS2 went away.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 8:22 PM
*Bows in reverence*
All hail der Numenor

KT Tunstall = Amazing!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 1:45 PM
Very good. This is a great hack and I can't wait to try it out. Thank you Numenor for taking the time to create this, and share it with us.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 1:03 AM
I would say, "Numernor is a freakin' genius!!!" but that's like saying, "The sky is blue," or "Water is wet." I mean, well, duh!

So I'll just settle for saying a humble, "Thank you," and shuffle my little non-modding self off to play with my new toy.

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 7:11 PM
I love how you get annoyed at all the same stuff I do, but you have the talent to change it and the generosity to put it up for all of us hopeless shmucks. You rock!
Instructor
#20 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 1:19 PM
I've noticed that the front and back always have the same colour (either red or green), at least in the "pillar" versions. Is this fixable? When closed the front should be red and the back green, and vice versa.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 7:55 PM
No, sorry. The back has *always* the same colour of the front. You see, the "turn sign" animation is actually a fake: the sims pretend to turn the sign, but they just move it, while the game changes the colour on both sides at the same time. This can't be changed, sorry.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
#22 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 10:57 PM
I suspected as much. Thanks for the answer
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 3:03 AM
Default As per usual, you read our minds
or at least mine and some 24,000 others! I don't often post replies, because like with old Entish, I never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say it. But I too had a background frustration with the limitations of the sign. Like a mosquito buzzing in my ear, I couldn't quite get fully into the play with that irritant pestering my attention. Your efforts are more than simply a thing to enjoy, it is far more akin to the "ah, what a relief" when the mosquito is finally silenced.

Thank you for granting such sweet peace.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 7:34 AM
And thank you for such a pleasant post to read! It's so nice to see that there is still someone that likes his language enough to take the time to write with variety of wordage and propriety of syntax. I know that forums on the Internet are not literary circles, but nevertheless it's such a pleasure to read fine sentences like yours. You should post more often

Oh, and thank you very much for the compliments, too! I was so delighted by the form that I was almost forgetting the content... :P

Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 5:36 PM
thanks, this is fabulous as I can never find the other one that hangs on the wall. Great job as usual.
Page 1 of 2