Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nitpicky Fix for Maxis Open Shirt Mesh

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 24th Jun 2006 at 4:14 AM - Updated 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:54 PM by HystericalParoxysm

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:22 AM
I Have no idea what your going on about....

I now i see! the lump juttting out that makes the sides odd! yep I was losing sleep too HP

Please say thank you if you like my work and also,Please read my Terms of use -Thank you and enjoy my work!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:27 AM
i see what you mean. it makes our sims looks like he just got a big turkey dinner :D. Thanks for the fix .
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:28 AM
*giggle* I edited the pic to add in some arrows pointing directly at the little lines because I realize I am indeed insane, and it might actually still be hard to see what I'm talking about, even with the area highlighted.

I -did- put right in the title that it's a nitpicky fix.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:35 AM
THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE!!! Thankyou so much for fixing this! I have refrained from using this outfit on my male sims because i always end up looking at those little lines!!!! WOW... you have REALLY made my day!

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:36 AM
No, I see what you mean!

Are you going to make more anal retentives edits like these?Such as getting rid of that dumb hanging thingy on the formal gown?Ther is another formal gown ( the last ones, theres eight colors and some have cut out parts) where their is a plateu on the chest, so when i tried to make it more lowcut along time ago it was disturbingly deformed. Seriously this could be a whole new branch of modding ! We can call it " picking up maxis' slack"

Please say thank you if you like my work and also,Please read my Terms of use -Thank you and enjoy my work!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:36 AM
Wow theres two insane people.. LOL
I love you HP

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Instructor
#8 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:39 AM
I just refrain from using it becuase its a goofy looking outfit!

And im not insane, im on the waiting list for a lobodomy

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:42 AM
The dress without the dangle is already available. Um, here, I think, WAAAAY back in the old stuff. Removing the dangle is the basic thing we teach in the first body meshing tutorials. *giggle*

This was really just a step I had to do for something else I was working on (closing up that shirt so it's not so, um... "hi, here's my chest hair." I know you can put a shirt underneath, but.. yeah. In the project I was doing, I knew I'd end up with a default replacement, and that part fixed along the way, too, so that's why I did this... I don't know if I'm gonna get all nitpicky for other stuff... I just had to do this since it was gonna happen anyway in my edits.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:45 AM
joebart622, i can't wait to see if "picking up maxis' slack" actually takes off... i agree, there are so many little things i've noticed! When you look really hard at things, there's always something out of line or fuzzy!
I've also noticed something else completely un-related to this, but in Call of Duty on xbox 360, when you're in the houses, a lot of the furniture is exactly like in the Sims 2!

ON WEDNESDAYS, WE WEAR PINK
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:45 AM
I think you should do more little quirks like this.. Its amusing.. and makes the game that much better.. :: nod ::
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#12 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:46 AM
I don't think I ever used this outfit, but after staring at your pics for, oh, 10 minutes straight (lol), I think I see it. It's ok, HP. If I had seen it, it would have driven me nuts, too. Thanks.

"Morning, Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain."

Instructor
#13 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:48 AM
Yeah I forgot to say the dangle thingy has been done before

And it does look alot better with the undershirt, not so flamboyant and ditzy.

Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:48 AM
Thanks lol - little things like that bug me too so I understand. Unfortuantely I hate most of the maxis made outfits (although some make for great meshes to retexture) and that is one of them, I'm not sure why I hate it so bloody much.

Anyway, lol thank you little things like that bug me on several meshes, not sure why so I totally understand!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:13 AM
I um.... never really noticed that.

*puts a sim in that mesh*

*squints really hard*

*huggles the crazy girl*

Hey, HP? That new mesh you're working on wouldn't happen to include untucking the blasted shirt would it? I'm not requesting anything (honestly), but if you're working with that mesh anyway and if it would be an easy-ish fix that you feel like doing, maybe you might want to yank his shirt out and smooth it down sort of like this.... without the silly bumpy bits around the waist? *bats eyelashes*

Instructor
#16 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:17 AM
That looks realy cool !
Did you just make that in the half hour this has been up ?

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:20 AM
Oooooh, thank you! I also think this is a great mesh for the slimier romance sims, but I have been unable to use it because of that defect. Awesome!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joebart622
That looks realy cool !
Did you just make that in the half hour this has been up ?

If you mean me than thanks!... and no. I made it a long time ago and it took longer than half an hour. Just scroll through my profile page if you want it. If you don't mean me... whoops.

OMG look, a sheep smilie!!

Argh! HP!! Now those stupid lines I never noticed are bugging me too.

*downloads*
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 7:53 AM
Thanks You may not believe this but it bugged me too!!! But it should do i suffer from OCD.

Thanks for saving me alot of head aches!!!

If by any chance you wish to use any recolour I have produced in something you are going to upload do feel free.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 10:08 AM
nice fix...thanx
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 12:45 PM
Wow... I though I was analy retentive.

Excelent work though!

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Instructor
#22 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 5:26 PM
Yeah mean you lamb, great job btw on that.

Cant wait to see it without those lines that apparently have been bothering half of the site.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 6:38 PM
I use that outfit a lot, so thanks for the fix! (Untucked doesn't loiok quite the same, as it's too far into the 'just lose the darn shirt already' category, whereas open with sleeves rolled up is casual while still dressed, but YMMV.)
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 4:36 AM
Default Down with all the slack!
I have never used that outfit (only because of the "look at my chest hair" that makes me picture my grandpa in the early 70's thinking he was still 'one of the guys' ). But I know when i get a better graphic card and some recolors for the outfit (with that shirt like in fanseelamb's sim - which makes it a really interesting outfit), i will need this fix. If we had more fixes like this, we wouldn't need so many new meshes.
By the way, HP, have you ever consider fixing the game's shirts meshes? The polos and jackets have TERRIBLE shoulders. It's round like they are wearing that sponge stuff over their shoulders. It could be, ya know, more straight, making a better angle down, you know what i mean - i can't STAND the game's shirts because of the ugly shoulders.

[masked delusion]
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#25 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 4:56 AM
xtc-fastfacts, there's actually one Maxis polo that has good shoulders. It's the purple one. I didn't even notice it at first because there are sooo many of those ugly ones and just this one nice one, but take a look at it next time you have the game open. (Here are some basic recolours.)
Page 1 of 2