Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampires Walk Normal

by Smonaff Posted 5th Jul 2006 at 6:47 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2006 at 12:10 AM by Smonaff : Update

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 8:32 AM
Cool thanks for this Smonaff. Now my vamps wont all be Bela Lugosi's and walk properly. Even in other vamp films they don't walk like that. :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 1:09 PM
Will "stalk here" still work?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vidde
Will "stalk here" still work?

Yes it will, this just effects the go here interaction.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 9:37 PM
I've honestly been waiting for this since Nightlife came out... now I'll probably play some vampire characters, thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 9:42 PM
Can we see some pictures please?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 11:04 PM
looks good! I'll downlaod it now!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 2:16 AM
Thank you Smonaff , I'm like ghosty12, I don't like when vampires walk like that especially since it's night time when there should be no reason to protect yourself from imagined sun rays or crosses
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:06 AM
I prefer more comtemporary vampires like Spike and Angel who certainly wouldn't walk that way.
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:20 AM
awesome thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 5:07 PM
Thanks a lot for this, I'm happy that other people were happy with it as well.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 7:26 AM
About time someone did this! Thanks - I agree, now I might actually play some vampire sims.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:38 PM
thanks Smonaff 4 this. but I was wondering is there a same hack 4 zombies to walk normal.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loxadhir
thanks Smonaff 4 this. but I was wondering is there a same hack 4 zombies to walk normal.

Vampires basically walk like a normal person, i.e. they use the same locomotion. When the go here interaction is selected the game checks to see if the sim is a vampire and if so adds the "arm over face" animation. What I did in this hack is tricked the game into thinking that a vampire is just a normal person, so the "arm over face" animation is never used. Zombies however have their own locomotion and the locomotion is handled by the primitive Go To Relative Position which being a primitive is hard coded into the game engine and therefore not modifiable. So the solution is to reset a zombie's locomotion to that of a normal person. This would have to be done on a zombie by zombie basis. It would require a bit more work than making a vampire walk normal, but if I get the time I'll see what I can do about making it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
Vampires basically walk like a normal person, i.e. they use the same locomotion. When the go here interaction is selected the game checks to see if the sim is a vampire and if so adds the "arm over face" animation. What I did in this hack is tricked the game into thinking that a vampire is just a normal person, so the "arm over face" animation is never used. Zombies however have their own locomotion and the locomotion is handled by the primitive Go To Relative Position which being a primitive is hard coded into the game engine and therefore not modifiable. So the solution is to reset a zombie's locomotion to that of a normal person. This would have to be done on a zombie by zombie basis. It would require a bit more work than making a vampire walk normal, but if I get the time I'll see what I can do about making it.

Thanks for making the time to point that out
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 5:31 AM
I freaking love you. Thanks SO much for this.
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 7:20 PM
thanks a bunch. i've been looking for something like this.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 12:22 AM
Oh geez thanks so much, My dude married the Countessa, and after she got changed into a human, she still walked like a vampire! It drove me nuts! Thank you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 7:28 AM
Hey i downloaded this, but i just saw the count walking around the other day in downtown and he still walks with his arm in front of his face. I havent made any vampires yet, so i dont know if it works for them. Is it supposed to work for the Count/Countess?
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jul 2006 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alyxplay
Hey i downloaded this, but i just saw the count walking around the other day in downtown and he still walks with his arm in front of his face. I havent made any vampires yet, so i dont know if it works for them. Is it supposed to work for the Count/Countess?

It may not work on them since they are special characters, but it will work on normal sims that become vampires.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 8:37 PM
Great hack. I always HATED how stupid they looked with their arm over their face. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 5:35 AM
Thank you for this really great hack. which by the way i have been testing it and only thing i see is they sometimes still walk with thier arm over thier face. other than that though everything else seems to be perfect.

I dont mind the arm over thier face while they walk. it only happens for a few steps then they move it back down.

bea

I am an old dog, learning new tricks!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 1:10 AM
coolness and much thanks for this hack. (and your other hacks)
i'm hoping it may also help me with a sim who is a former grand vampire. she keeps sticking her arm in front of her face when she walks even though she is no longer a vamp. guess her old habits are hard to break.
Instructor
#24 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 1:28 AM
Any idea whether this works in Pets?
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 3:28 AM
I don't have pets, so I really can't say. It's certainly possible that the Behavior Function that this hack modifies has had things added to it in Pets. I recall reading somewhere that Pets has werewolves, if so I wouldn't be surprised if they use a locomotion overlay similar to that of vampires, and if so this would most likely be the BHAV that the code would be added to. Just speculation on my part, but if thats the case it would probably cause undesired results or errors, or even have the effect of making werewolves walk normal. Anyway if you have Pets you can try it and see if it works, I don't think that anything disasterous will happen, and you can always exit the lot without saving, if it does cause an error.
Page 1 of 2